If only I had unlimited funs, could have bought lots of ammo

Thread: If only I had unlimited funs, could have bought lots of ammo

If only I had unlimited funs, could have bought lots of ammo

After doing that 25 cent trigger job on the Glock 10 (super smooth now) I decided to go fire a few mags before I'd carry again.

Went in the range/gun store and looked on store shelf and saw about 10 50rd boxes of jhp 40cal and 13 50rd boxes of jhp 10mm. I was surprised to see that it was the same price today as it was prior to this mess.

Went through the door to get to the indoor range area and I see on the shelf huge piles of paper fmj rounds. I'm sure there were 40 boxes of 50rd in 380, 9, 40, and 45. I only noticed the price of the 40 but it was fairly cheap at 20 bucks per box.

So, if you're out, check out your local indoor range and see what they have. I'm super happy to have found 10mm in stock again, it's been a long time.
    Glock 29sf / XD-40 SubCompact
    Useful links ---> Ammo/Mag finder & Firearm Manuals & Auto Repair Material & Android Pro/Anti Carry & Android CCW

They're not going to sell large amounts to the public . They need that ammo on hand or they might as well close the range.
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Certified RSO

Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    They're not going to sell large amounts to the public . They need that ammo on hand or they might as well close the range.
    Oh I know, but I'd be going to the range more often and buying a few boxes on the way out the door.

I spent 12.50 to fire 3 mags (45rds) through the 10mm and 2 mags (20rds) through the .40cal and on the way out 35 dollars for 10mm and 29 for .40cal JHPs... I didn't really buy extra for the 10 but left with 30 more rounds of 40 than I had going in...

They do have a 3 per cal limit per day
    Glock 29sf / XD-40 SubCompact
    Useful links ---> Ammo/Mag finder & Firearm Manuals & Auto Repair Material & Android Pro/Anti Carry & Android CCW

Those numbers work for anyone. Good for you. I did stop by an indoor range I used to frequent to say hello. They did not have a lot on hand but they did have 9mm. A bit more, $22and change, then I wanted to pay but not expensive by comparison. Looks like it just might be a good idea to to shoot at the indoor range and keep what I have instead of trying to replace it.
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Certified RSO