Toomey bucks gun owners in background check deal - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Toomey bucks gun owners in background check deal

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by missoak View Post
    I heard on the radio this afternoon, that all of Schumer's language would be sticken by Toomey's ammendment.
    From the GOA alert link I posted above:

....Well, we’ve seen the Toomey-Manchin-Schumer sell-out, and it’s worse than the Feinstein gun ban, which will reportedly be tied to it and offered simultaneously in a Senate procedure known as an “amendment tree.”

.....Incidentally, the Toomey-Manchin-Schumer “national registry” language is full of holes. There will be a national gun registry as a result of this sell-out.

....But that’s not the worst part. Under an amendment in the bill to HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act), you could have your guns taken away because your private shrink thinks you’re “dangerous” and could send your name directly to the FBI Instant Check system.

Did you think it was terrible that 150,000 military veterans had been added into the NICS system because they’d seen a VA shrink about their PTSD? Well guess what? Now it’s going to happen to the rest of the population ... by the millions!

.....All of this will reportedly be on an amendment tree with the Feinstein gun ban and magazine bans.

Nothing is what it seems. Acquiesce to this to your own (and everyone else's) detriment. They are getting close to the end game. No one in DC is to be believed anymore. All but a literal handful of the DC megalomaniacs are proven usurping tyrants bent on unrestrained power.

Are we playing to win, or playing to lose? Guaranteed, they're playing to win, and winning to them means disarming America.

Not one more inch!

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

What I have, it is mine and no one can take it away.
    I have not given up my rights and they will never get me too.
    I will not yield. I will not be pushed. I will not be broken.
    There is a storm brewing on the horizon and when it hits, it will change your life forever.
    Pick your side but chose wisely. It will not be an easy choice to make.

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Please, please, PLEASE read all of this link to find out what this "compromise" really does. Don't fall for another "compromise" that is no compromise at all. A compromise is a give-and-take proposition. What do we as gun owners have to give? Only our God-given, fundamental, unalienable rights. What do we get in return for agreeing to such a "compromise?" Just our rights being weaker than they were the day before.

Not one more inch!

Blues

Blues: There is no compromise, the gub'ment only wants to take what we don't want to give. I have written to our senators and bent as many ears as I can to encourage their support but it seems we have a national hysteria and total loss of common sense. Christians and gun owners are getting to be endangered species and the government is making a concerted effort to do away with us. If the SHTF, I hope it happens while I am still physically able to participate. Old age does have it's limitations!

Until we can read the actual proposed bill, it's all just platitudes and unicorn droppings.

Even the "best" of the many UBC/fix NICS bills is still a bill that further infringes on our rights. It gets the government further in our personal business and pockets.

Nothing, not one single bill proposed, will actually do anything to reduce crime or violence. They will not do one single thing to stop a criminally minded person from getting a firearm. There are plenty of laws already on the books. DOJ doesn't prosecute even a small fraction of those it should.

NOT ONE MORE INCH!
    Never argue with a red-haired witch. It wastes your breath and only delays the inevitable. --the collected sayings of Wiz Zumwalt

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Blues: There is no compromise, the gub'ment only wants to take what we don't want to give. I have written to our senators and bent as many ears as I can to encourage their support but it seems we have a national hysteria and total loss of common sense. Christians and gun owners are getting to be endangered species and the government is making a concerted effort to do away with us. If the SHTF, I hope it happens while I am still physically able to participate. Old age does have it's limitations!
    I'm pretty confident that Sessions will vote with us, though I'm still PO'ed that he didn't join in the filibuster. I guess I'm about 80 - 85% confident in Shelby, but I have zero confidence in my District 5 Congressman Mo Brooks. He has gone the wrong way many times, NDAA, HR 347, Patriot Act extended and made permanent, and worst of all, voted every time it came up (I think it's up to five now) to raise the debt limit. Most of his record is completely counter to the principles he ran on.

So how is your Rep? With Boehner at the helm, I have little confidence that the House will stop a UBC bill with the same lies that it's totally innocuous.

I'm with ya Brother. Let's get the party started. I neither want to kill or die, but living as a subservient slave to tyrants is not an acceptable alternative to either. Let's rock.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Here's the full text.
    Sen. Toomey Offers Full Text Of Public Safety And Second Amendment Rights Protection Act Online | Pat Toomey | Senator for Pennsylvania

Subtitle A, fixing NICS isn't wholly bad. It does include some protections that are needed, such as no registry, safeguards for Vets.

Subtitle B, Gunshow background checks (with internet or other advertised sales tossed in) is the least bad background check addition bill I've seen out of the current crop. Still, it's mostly a solution in search of a problem, and will not do a diddly darn thing to keep criminals from getting guns. Just adds more workload to an already often overloaded system.

Subtitle C - yeah, we need more studies and commissions like we need more hemorrhoids.
    Never argue with a red-haired witch. It wastes your breath and only delays the inevitable. --the collected sayings of Wiz Zumwalt

As GOA accurately predicted in Post #21 above, just as soon as the filibuster was broken, Harry Reid started adding amendments to the bill that sdprof linked to above. From GOA's latest alert:

....Right after the Senate proceeded to the gun control bill, Harry Reid used his privileged recognition to put a bunch of amendments in place. In Senate parlance, they are referred to as an "amendment tree;" and they contain the universal registry bill, the Feinstein gun ban, and the magazine ban. These will be voted on in upcoming days.

As for the Toomey-Manchin-Schumer universal registry bill, don't believe the press' efforts to sugar-coat it. If you have ever had an "Internet ... posting" on (or related to) your gun, you can sell it only by going to a dealer and filling out a 4473 and getting the government's approval. Only a cave man would be exempt.

And once you have a 4473? Well, the ATF is going from dealer to dealer, copying the information on these forms, and feeding it into a database. But, says Toomey, he's against universal registries. This is where it would have helped if Toomey had consulted someone who knew something about guns.

....Section 107 of the sell-out also waives any federal privacy prohibitions under HIPAA to sending the names of Americans with PTSD, ADHD, and post partem depression to the gun ban database. But that’s not all.

....Because private shrinks will be able to add patients names into a federal database of the mentally ill - without due process - you will be at their mercy.

....And as for veterans? Toomey-Manchin-Schumer reinforces the proposition that bureaucrats in the Department of Veterans Affairs can take away veterans' rights without any due process. If a veteran has $30,000 to spend getting back the rights Toomey-Manchin-Schumer wrongly took from him, the sell-out creates yet another redundant money-trap for restoration of rights that shouldn't have been taken away in the first place.

....What if you want to travel across the country? McClure-Volkmer allowed you to do that with an unloaded gun in the trunk (18 U.S.C. 926A). But, under the Toomey-Manchin-Schumer sell-out, unless you can "demonstrate," to the satisfaction of the New York police (1) where you came from, (2) where you're going, (3) that you're legally entitled to possess the gun in the place you came from, and (4) that you're legally entitled to possess the gun in the place you're going, they will arrest you in New York.

You can click here to see if your Senator sold you out by voting to “move to proceed” to the bill. (Voted to kill the filibuster.)

Do not be fooled into thinking "expanded background checks" is simply an innocuous proposal to catch more Looney Tunes in the NICS checks. It is intended to further storage of information on gun owners, deny veterans their 2nd Amendment rights, and make life easier for tyrants who can't be bothered with having to give citizens the due process our Constitution guarantees us before suffering property loss and criminal or medical prosecution/persecution.

Blues

"....But that’s not the worst part. Under an amendment in the bill to HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act), you could have your guns taken away because your private shrink thinks you’re “dangerous” and could send your name directly to the FBI Instant Check system.

Did you think it was terrible that 150,000 military veterans had been added into the NICS system because they’d seen a VA shrink about their PTSD? Well guess what? Now it’s going to happen to the rest of the population ... by the millions!"

Here's another aspect of that. Service men & women will stop admitting they have PTSD, in fear of their God given rights to be taken away. So they, and others will stop seeking help.

"That Toomey and Manchin both had been given "A" ratings by the National Rifle Association adds to the puzzlement among right to keep and bear arms advocates, many of whom will also be keeping a close eye on how the NRA will grade them in response."

I get a kick out of this rating B.S. After seeing how the NRA has been handling things lately, especially here in CT. What a JOKE!! The NRA, in opinion have no teeth anymore!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast