5 firefighters taken hostage in Georgia

Thread: 5 firefighters taken hostage in Georgia

Published April 10, 2013

FoxNews.com

SUWANEE, Ga. DEVELOPING: Authorities in northwest Georgia say a barricaded man is holding five firefighters hostage.

Gwinnett County Police Cpl. Edwin Ritter says firefighters on Wednesday responded to a medical call in Suwanee and were taken hostage by a suspect he didn't identify.

Ritter says information on a possible motive was not immediately available and a SWAT team is on the scene. He gave no more details. A call to the Gwinnett County Fire Department was not immediately returned.

The gunman was barricaded inside the home with the firefighters, MyFoxAtlanta.com reports.

Suwanee is about 35 miles northeast of downtown Atlanta.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

3. As a retired Asst. Chief my heart, thoughts and prayers in out to all involved and their families both personal and professional.

Retired FF/Medic and now volunteer, this has been a fear of mine especially being in a rural area and at times going on medical calls alone. Been lucky so far. Thoughts and prayers for all those involved. Hope all comes out well.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Over 21 years as a Firefighter, and I've never even thought about such a thing happening. I just pray they get the guy under control before he hurts one of them. What a shame for this to happen in America.
    We have a bill on the table in Texas to allow First Responders to continue to carry their concealed weapons anywhere they go on a call. That is a step in the right direction for a situation like this.
    I pray for the safety of these Firefighters, and for peace to their families and co-workers.
    Stop, Drop, and Roll won't work in Hell.
    The truth about the former Republic of the United States of America:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6Ioz...ayer_embedded#

The gunman was shot dead.."All four Gwinnett County firefighters who were being held hostage suffered "superficial" injuries after authorities used explosives "to distract the suspect to get in the house"".
    They are expected to be released tonight.
    I thought there were five, but it just says four.

There was five originally. One was released early to move the engine. Don't know if it was to move it out of the way or move it closer as a blockade. Good to hear they are all safe.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

The ending one can hope for. POS dead...rest will be fine. In my book a happy ending.
    Gun free zones are safe havens...........for criminals.
    Laws govern the lesser man, Morals govern the greater man.

Thank Our Heavenly Father It Ended Quickly.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.