Thread: Former Navy SEAL Blasts NY Mayor Bloomberg On Guns

Former Navy SEAL Blasts NY Mayor Bloomberg On Guns

Right on Dom, tell it like it is!

Freedom Outpost
    www.FreedomOutpost.com
    April 10th, 2013
    Reader Views: 2,422

Former Navy SEAL Dom Raso takes issue with politicians, specifically New York Mayor Michale Bloomberg, when it comes to the issue of keeping and bearing arms. He asks rhetorically what credibility do they have when it comes to your ability to protect yourself?

It is unbelievable that politicians like Mayor Bloomberg think that they are experts on personal protection.
    Me and the guys I fought with, we didnít go to war so that some politician could dictate whatever he thinks is best for the American people.
    We fought for your freedom.
    What have those guys ever accomplished that gives them any credibility on the subject of personal protection?
    I served in the military as a SEAL for 12 years and the guys in this type of profession are some of the most qualified dudes on the planet to give you advice on how to protect yourself.
    But it would be the ultimate sign of arrogance
    for us to say that we have the perfect answer for you and your family and your personal safety.
    Is anyone better off because they gave a mayor or a senator or the president their own personal responsibility? No.
    These politicians only care about their own power.
    They know that the less we are able to defend ourselves, the more dependent we are on them. Period.
    Donít believe their promises. When thereís a threat outside your door, the police arenít gonna be there, guys like me arenít gonna be there, the guys trained to save lives arenít going to be there. We just canít be there all the time.
    Do we want to? Of course we do. But thatís not the reality. Iím going to tell you the truth. Iím trained in hand to hand combat.
    But would I rather have a gun to protect myself? Obviously.
    So if thatís true for me, I canít imagine what itís like for an everyday law-abiding citizen to walk around without the ability to protect themselves.
    When I was in the military fighting under the leadership and under higher ranking officers and politicians, they gave me all the responsibility in the world.
    They gave me every tool, every asset, they ran me through every possible scenario.
    But now that Iíve transitioned out and Iím a civilian, somehow Iím not responsible anymore. Somehow they donít trust me to defend my own family.
    These high-ranking officials think they can get up in front of the American people and just shove their rank on the screen and make a political point with their soundbites?
    That rank doesnít give them any more knowledge or any more credibility on what you should be doing to protect yourself.
    This isnít Call of Duty. Your higher rank doesnít make you more knowledgeable about weapons. It just doesnít.
    The only way for your title to mean more to the American people is to take the power away from them.
    Thatís arrogant, thatís selfish, and itís dangerous. You donít know whatís best for the people youíve never met.
    If you really cared about the American people, youíd stand up for more freedom for them, and not more power and status for yourself.
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Way to go, Dom!! Now you're on his list, too. That's sad. But you are a true patriot. Blessings to you.
    Thanks G, for posting this!
    Stop, Drop, and Roll won't work in Hell.
    The truth about the former Republic of the United States of America:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6Ioz...ayer_embedded#

Sounds like a typical SEAL to me. Well trained and intelligent. Just what the politicians fear.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    Sounds like a typical SEAL to me. Well trained and intelligent. Just what the politicians fear.
    ...would also add: "Just what the politicians aren't".

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

Quote Originally Posted by SR40c View Post
    ...would also add: "Just what the politicians aren't".
    Amen to that!!!!!!!
    Stop, Drop, and Roll won't work in Hell.
    The truth about the former Republic of the United States of America:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6Ioz...ayer_embedded#