Remington - and Bushmaster - staying in NY despite SAFE act... - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Remington - and Bushmaster - staying in NY despite SAFE act...

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Name one other firearms company that has stopped selling to New York State or any NYS agency. Just one.
    ezkl2230 was kind enough to answer your question, even though it is actually 143.... shame on him...... rebuttal?
    Time to add FireMarshall Bill to the block list.

3. Things could change on the 29th when the hearing for the Tresmond lawsuit is held. An injunction could end the safe act, then we have to end the careers of the politicians that passed it.

Blues, this may help you define the regions I spoke of...LOL

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Koolbota View Post
    Oh, surely you are smarter than that?

For the same reasons that DHS purchased their own munitions plant in Maryland a couple of months ago, they have also secured Remington within the NE stronghold.

I guess you have forgotten the lessons of the first civil war? The North possessed the steel mills, rails, industry, advances arms, and had a great advantage over the South.
    I'm not suggesting a replay here, North and South, but we really are divide into 4 regions. Why do you think the Regime wants an open southern border? Why are they reaching for Texas?

They secured Remington for a strategic reason.
    And what would be different if Remington moved? Would they suddenly become the suppliers of the (virtually non-existent) Patriot Movement? Would you expect a simple change of location to inspire their decision to stop fulfilling government orders?

Nothing would change at all simply by virtue of Remington (or any other manufacturer) moving out of NY, except that easily-fooled sheeple would think the move was "for The People," and feel perfectly fine about buying their products. Is that what you want? If that's all you're arguing in favor of, like I said, it seems rather a short-sighted and shallow understanding and/or analysis of what's going on to me.

If you want Remington or any other government contractor to supply Patriots, they'll have to be captured and taken by force if/when the war you allude goes hot. That's how war works. Just as you say the gvm't secured Remington as a strategic asset, all factions of any hot war will have to capture and take over all the strategic assets they are capable of. If you think that Remington is going to volunteer to stop feeding the military industrial complex against the best interests of The People before a hot war breaks out, you are terminally naive. And truthfully, I don't think you are naive. In any case, whether in NY or elsewhere, Remington is obviously a committed gvm't contractor, and I only responded to the meme that their decision to stay in NY was somehow a betrayal to We, The People. Any betrayal was imposed sometime back in the War of Northern Aggression era when they became a preferred gvm't contractor, and a change of location would do absolutely nothing to change that. I'll cede that they would be much easier to sack if they were down here in Dixie or in Wyoming or Montana somewhere, but for now, they're free to make that decision for themselves, and getting outraged over that decision seems rather a waste of energy to this Patriot. But like I said, rage on if that's what floats your boat.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    Olympic Arms, LaRue Tactical, EFI, Barrett for starters. For a more complete list (numbering 142 manufacturers), go to New York Boycott (UPDATED: No more Naughty List) - An NC Gun Blog.

Barrett, in particular, had sales pending with the NYPD, which they cancelled, as well as informing the NYPD and other NY agencies that own Barrett products in writing that they would no longer service them, unless this legislation was reversed.
    That list is BS - those companies didn't have contacts to sell anything to NYS. All public contracts are public information and are listed at a website maintained by the nys comptroller.

Second, any company that did have a contract with NYS would be bound by contract law to honor it.

The BS some people will swallow is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    And what would be different if Remington moved? Would they suddenly become the suppliers of the (virtually non-existent) Patriot Movement? Would you expect a simple change of location to inspire their decision to stop fulfilling government orders?

Nothing would change at all simply by virtue of Remington (or any other manufacturer) moving out of NY, except that easily-fooled sheeple would think the move was "for The People," and feel perfectly fine about buying their products. Is that what you want? If that's all you're arguing in favor of, like I said, it seems rather a short-sighted and shallow understanding and/or analysis of what's going on to me.

If you want Remington or any other government contractor to supply Patriots, they'll have to be captured and taken by force if/when the war you allude goes hot. That's how war works. Just as you say the gvm't secured Remington as a strategic asset, all factions of any hot war will have to capture and take over all the strategic assets they are capable of. If you think that Remington is going to volunteer to stop feeding the military industrial complex against the best interests of The People before a hot war breaks out, you are terminally naive. And truthfully, I don't think you are naive. In any case, whether in NY or elsewhere, Remington is obviously a committed gvm't contractor, and I only responded to the meme that their decision to stay in NY was somehow a betrayal to We, The People. Any betrayal was imposed sometime back in the War of Northern Aggression era when they became a preferred gvm't contractor, and a change of location would do absolutely nothing to change that. I'll cede that they would be much easier to sack if they were down here in Dixie or in Wyoming or Montana somewhere, but for now, they're free to make that decision for themselves, and getting outraged over that decision seems rather a waste of energy to this Patriot. But like I said, rage on if that's what floats your boat.

Blues

The point is who is choosing who's side. Identification of the enemy.

The only thing naive is not to accept the Regime's intent.

For example, 99% of the folks on this site believe that ammo will return to the shelves, prices will come down, 'just give it a couple of months and all will be right with the world'. It will not.
    You, YOU, will be starved out, food, money, ammo, arms, time, blood.......whatever it takes.

That list is BS - those companies didn't have contacts to sell anything to NYS. All public contracts are public information and are listed at a website maintained by the nys comptroller.

Second, any company that did have a contract with NYS would be bound by contract law to honor it.

I don't know about the list, but there are a number of suppliers, armors, dealers, who have openly stated that they will not cooperate with local and state and fed agency. Barrett in fact published an open letter himself stating so, in fact he has refused to ship to Kali for a couple of years now.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Koolbota View Post
    The point is who is choosing who's side. Identification of the enemy.

The only thing naive is not to accept the Regime's intent.

For example, 99% of the folks on this site believe that ammo will return to the shelves, prices will come down, 'just give it a couple of months and all will be right with the world'. It will not.
    You, YOU, will be starved out, food, money, ammo, arms, time, blood.......whatever it takes.
    Look, I made the simple statement that I had no particular criticisms of Remington's decision to stay in NY. I didn't leave anything out of that statement. I didn't argue that they are our friends or that they're not consorting with our enemies. I simply commented on the question asked in the OP, would their decision to stay there effect my purchasing decisions going forward? No. Their decision to stay is meaningless to anything I need to consider or get worked up over. Full stop. That's all I said.

You challenged me on that specific statement and I have gone out of my way to clarify it beyond any potential for misunderstanding what I meant, and you're still arguing about things that have absolutely nothing to do with the OP, my comment in reply to it, or anything I've said subsequently about Remington.

Rage on lsmurphy, rage on. You are already trespassing here against the site-owner's wishes. I won't bother trying to politely engage you anymore. You prove every time anyone does engage you in normal conversation why you were banned in the first place. Good bye.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    ...even though many of the products manufactured and sold by them (all Bushmaster products, specifically) cannot even be legally purchased by their own employees.

Your thoughts on this?
    It's important to understand that NY did not outlaw the assault weapon, but rather imposed a means test requiring the guns meet certain requirements in order to be sold. Certain features aren't allowed. I didn't expect the larger companies to relocate over this. The cost of moving is massive, perhaps not survivable by the company. What it does show is that the only thing important in corporate America is profits.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Shame on you, you haven't been reading your Liberal newsletters. Liberals have given up on the "liar liar pants on fire" tactic and now make up statistics.

Let me help you.

Because 40% of all firearm companies are going to move to New York, and 90% want the New York laws to be passed in every state.

There now spread that around in the liberal media and claim it is true.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Time to add FireMarshall Bill to the block list.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast