Remington - and Bushmaster - staying in NY despite SAFE act...
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 46

Thread: Remington - and Bushmaster - staying in NY despite SAFE act...

  1. #1
    ezkl2230 Guest

    Remington - and Bushmaster - staying in NY despite SAFE Act...

    While numerous companies have either moved or made plans to move from NY, Remington - and Bushmaster - is staying put. It continues to accept money from the state for its operations/expansions, and is apparently still selling to NY agencies while other firearms/ammo manufacturers have boycotted the state, even though many of the products manufactured and sold by them (all Bushmaster products, specifically) cannot even be legally purchased by their own employees.

    Your thoughts on this?

    Will you continue to purchase Remington, Bushmaster or other Freedom Group products (including ammo) manufactured in NY, or is it time for Remington, Bushmaster, and other Freedom Group companies to experience the consequences suffered by S&W when they willingly cooperated with the Clinton administration and nearly went bankrupt as a result?

    Remington Has No Plans to Leave New York

  2.   
  3. #2
    Name one other firearms company that has stopped selling to New York State or any NYS agency. Just one.

  4. #3
    ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Name one other firearms company that has stopped selling to New York State or any NYS agency. Just one.
    Olympic Arms, LaRue Tactical, EFI, Barrett for starters. For a more complete list (numbering 142 manufacturers), go to http://www.ncgunblog.com/new-york-boycott/.

    Barrett, in particular, had sales pending with the NYPD, which they cancelled, as well as informing the NYPD and other NY agencies that own Barrett products in writing that they would no longer service them, unless this legislation was reversed.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,415
    Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Name one other firearms company that has stopped selling to New York State or any NYS agency. Just one.
    That's not the point or activity the OP is talking about. He's referring to Beretta and a couple (at least) other gun manufacturers and accessory companies moving their operations out of NY. There are at least three who have stated their intentions to move out, Beretta being one and I can't recall the other two that I've heard about right now. They are taking tax revenue and jobs out of the jurisdiction that won't allow its citizens to even own the products they make. Not sure if any of them have plans to sell to NY state or LE agencies once they're set up elsewhere, but there's a huge economic toll they're imposing on the state for its liberty-killing laws nonetheless.

    As far as the question in the OP, I'm going to say no, I won't buy from Bushmaster or Remington. Mostly because I'm not in the market for any other guns at the moment, but also because if I were, there are better values to be had for similar products made by companies that have no qualms about supporting citizens' rights in real or symbolic ways.

    That said, I have no particular criticisms of their decisions to stay in NY. People are free to live and do business wherever they wish. I question the sanity of the citizens who stay there as much as the companies. They, too, are contributing to supporting the economy there even though it is their rights being violated more so than the commercial concerns'. For me, it's simply a question of value as to whether or not I buy from one company or another.

    Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Parrottsville TN
    Posts
    285
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    That's not the point or activity the OP is talking about. He's referring to Beretta and a couple (at least) other gun manufacturers and accessory companies moving their operations out of NY. There are at least three who have stated their intentions to move out, Beretta being one and I can't recall the other two that I've heard about right now. They are taking tax revenue and jobs out of the jurisdiction that won't allow its citizens to even own the products they make. Not sure if any of them have plans to sell to NY state or LE agencies once they're set up elsewhere, but there's a huge economic toll they're imposing on the state for its liberty-killing laws nonetheless.

    As far as the question in the OP, I'm going to say no, I won't buy from Bushmaster or Remington. Mostly because I'm not in the market for any other guns at the moment, but also because if I were, there are better values to be had for similar products made by companies that have no qualms about supporting citizens' rights in real or symbolic ways.

    That said, I have no particular criticisms of their decisions to stay in NY. People are free to live and do business wherever they wish. I question the sanity of the citizens who stay there as much as the companies. They, too, are contributing to supporting the economy there even though it is their rights being violated more so than the commercial concerns'. For me, it's simply a question of value as to whether or not I buy from one company or another.

    Blues

    Remington got a deal, an $80M deal in fact to stay in NY.

    They chose your enemy over you.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Parrottsville TN
    Posts
    285
    Remington ban = Freedom Group ban?
    Since Remington sold out and choose a government payoff and are staying in New York, is everyone banning the rest of the compaines that are owned by the Freedom Group?

    Here's their website and a list of companies:

    Freedom Group Family of Companies

    REMINGTON
    BUSHMASTER
    REMINGTON MILITARY
    REMINGTON LE
    MARLIN FIREARMS
    H&R 1871
    DAKOTA ARMS
    TAPCO
    DPMS / Panther Arms
    PARKER GUNMAKERS
    BARNES BULLETS
    ADVANCED ARMAMENT
    PARA USA
    REMINGTON PMPD
    MOUNTAIN KHAKIS

    I won't buy anything from any of them. I didn't realize that Tapco was part of the Freedom Group until I went on the website.

    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Parrottsville TN
    Posts
    285
    The Lines Are Being Drawn, I hope that you see this.
    Friday, March 8, 2013

    Remington Arms Says It Will Stay in New York

    The Firearms Manufacturer Will Also Be Given $80 Million Dollars by the Pentagon over the Next 10 Years

    ILION, N.Y. — Remington Arms will be staying in the MohawkValley for the foreseeable future. Two days after sources say Remington Officials met with three State Senators and three Assembly, U.S. Congressman Richard Hanna announced that the Pentagon would be awarding Remington an $80 million contract.

    In the meeting, sources say, Remington told the State lawmakers that they were moving forward with a $20 million upgrade to their plant that employs 1,200 people.

    Hanna said that the contract calls for Remington to make more than 5,000 sniper rifles and millions of rounds over the next 10 years for the U.S. Special Operations Command.

    Concerns were raised about the company's future in HerkimerCounty after the Legislature passed a law banning the sale of military-style rifles, including the Bushmaster product made at the Remington plant. Since the law was passed in mid-January, other states have shown interest in having Remington relocate the plant.

  9. Mine told me if he found out that he had come from one of those states after they passed these laws, he would shoot himself. But I'm still trying to figure out if he meant that suicidally or recreationally...
    Attached Images Attached Images Remington - and Bushmaster - staying in NY despite SAFE act...-image.jpg 

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Koolbota View Post
    Remington got a deal, an $80M deal in fact to stay in NY.

    They chose your enemy over you.
    I suppose a short-sighted, shallow interpretation of the facts could look at it that way. Tell us where in this country the 2nd Amendment is fully supported by its state government though. Tell us where a company can move to in this country whose revenue generation doesn't support a tyrannical, usurping government machine, whether the usurpations are relative to the 2nd Amendment or some other civil rights issue. Best of luck with that.

    The $80M deal you reference is a deal with the Pentagon, not the State of NY. How do you get that Remington is being "bought off" by NY or whatever your implication is in light of that fact?

    I don't care who buys or doesn't buy from Remington or any other Freedom Group subsidiary. I also don't care where companies start their businesses or continue to operate from. Remington and the rest are as much victims of anti-2nd-Amendment laws as their customers are. I've got so much righteous outrage for what's going on in this country that I have no more to give for "The Outrage of the Day" like whether or not a manufacturer pulls up stakes just to go someplace that has some lesser degree of tyranny for the time being, which from the things you've consistently said, I think you would agree is a temporary circumstance at best. If you do have energy to devote to such trivialities, rage away.

    Remington chose nothing over me. I wasn't going to be one of their customers anyway, nor would they be fighting my enemies for me when the times comes, whether or not they stayed or left NY. I guess you could say I'm way ahead of the curve in this boycott business where Remington is concerned, though my lack of patronage has never been a political statement. I just think I get more bang for my buck from Savage or even Weatherby's lower-end hunting rifle type of weapons, which is the only line of Remington's that I might be interested in to begin with.

    The notion that Remington chose my enemy over me simply by staying where they've been for over a hundred years now, is as asinine as saying that 2Awarrior, or BC1, or golocx4 or any other NY'ers on the board have made a choice over what I would choose for them. Of course they have, and they should. It's called individual freedom. Remington's decisions are called economic freedom.

    Sometimes you are interesting, but you're just as often ridiculous in what you say. You have that freedom though, so have at it if that's what floats your boat.

    Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Parrottsville TN
    Posts
    285
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    I suppose a short-sighted, shallow interpretation of the facts could look at it that way. Tell us where in this country the 2nd Amendment is fully supported by its state government though. Tell us where a company can move to in this country whose revenue generation doesn't support a tyrannical, usurping government machine, whether the usurpations are relative to the 2nd Amendment or some other civil rights issue. Best of luck with that.

    The $80M deal you reference is a deal with the Pentagon, not the State of NY. How do you get that Remington is being "bought off" by NY or whatever your implication is in light of that fact?

    I don't care who buys or doesn't buy from Remington or any other Freedom Group subsidiary. I also don't care where companies start their businesses or continue to operate from. Remington and the rest are as much victims of anti-2nd-Amendment laws as their customers are. I've got so much righteous outrage for what's going on in this country that I have no more to give for "The Outrage of the Day" like whether or not a manufacturer pulls up stakes just to go someplace that has some lesser degree of tyranny for the time being, which from the things you've consistently said, I think you would agree is a temporary circumstance at best. If you do have energy to devote to such trivialities, rage away.

    Remington chose nothing over me. I wasn't going to be one of their customers anyway, nor would they be fighting my enemies for me when the times comes, whether or not they stayed or left NY. I guess you could say I'm way ahead of the curve in this boycott business where Remington is concerned, though my lack of patronage has never been a political statement. I just think I get more bang for my buck from Savage or even Weatherby's lower-end hunting rifle type of weapons, which is the only line of Remington's that I might be interested in to begin with.

    The notion that Remington chose my enemy over me simply by staying where they've been for over a hundred years now, is as asinine as saying that 2Awarrior, or BC1, or golocx4 or any other NY'ers on the board have made a choice over what I would choose for them. Of course they have, and they should. It's called individual freedom. Remington's decisions are called economic freedom.

    Sometimes you are interesting, but you're just as often ridiculous in what you say. You have that freedom though, so have at it if that's what floats your boat.

    Blues


    Oh, surely you are smarter than that?

    For the same reasons that DHS purchased their own munitions plant in Maryland a couple of months ago, they have also secured Remington within the NE stronghold.

    I guess you have forgotten the lessons of the first civil war? The North possessed the steel mills, rails, industry, advances arms, and had a great advantage over the South.
    I'm not suggesting a replay here, North and South, but we really are divide into 4 regions. Why do you think the Regime wants an open southern border? Why are they reaching for Texas?

    They secured Remington for a strategic reason.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast