Newtown mom fills in for President's radio address. "With Obama's Blessing". - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Newtown mom fills in for President's radio address. "With Obama's Blessing".

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    What does being an LEO have anything to do with this?
    Well Firefighterchen, I have seen a lot of different reactions from people in all types of situations. Predicting a reaction to ANY tragic event is all but impossible.
    If upon learning of the death of your child you can accurately know what your first reactions would be, then you are super human. If you just think you can, then your kidding yourself.
    Are you a Fire Fighter? If so you too may have seen reactions of all kinds depending on length of service and area being served.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer1113 View Post
    Having been a LEO, I have to tell you. Unless you have walked in those shoes, you may think you know what you would do, how you would react, but in reality you have no clue.

If you have found yourself in that situation, My deepest and most sincere condolences.
    We are talking about the reactions of parents and relatives weeks and months after the event, not when the bullets are flying.
    Lewis - NRA Life - Oregon Firearms Federation - National Assoc. for Gun Rights

Gun control is NOT about guns, it's about CONTROL.

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer1113 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    What does being an LEO have anything to do with this?
    Well Firefighterchen, I have seen a lot of different reactions from people in all types of situations. Predicting a reaction to ANY tragic event is all but impossible.
    If upon learning of the death of your child you can accurately know what your first reactions would be, then you are super human. If you just think you can, then your kidding yourself.
    Are you a Fire Fighter? If so you too may have seen reactions of all kinds depending on length of service and area being served.
    Again, what does being an LEO give you that a non LEO doesn't have? They too see these reactions, they too see different situations, they too can think through these situations beforehand. I've seen plenty of people respond intelligently and rationally during and after a tragic incident, I've seen a lot completely break down. That tells me, because people are unpredictable, I can't tell everyone or anyone how they will react, because each individual responds differently. To tell a stranger they are kidding themselves is very narrow minded. It seems you try to use your profession to one up the lowly civilian...which is funny because with recent news it seems LEO's react more unpredictable than civilians.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123