Manchin-Toomey deal could allow gun owners, sellers to carry, sell across state lines - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Manchin-Toomey deal could allow gun owners, sellers to carry, sell across state lines

Forget all this fluff and stuff! Understand that all this talk about gun control and supporting the Second Amendment never takes into account the single objective which is...THEY WANT ALL GUNS OUT OF THE HANDS OF ALL CITIZENS!
    Of course the focus is on law abiding citizens. That is the only place where they have a chance.
    Once the guns are out of the hands of the law abiding citizens, let's call them the "workers". The ones that produce and have their work rewards confiscated for redistribution we will be the "state serfs". As far as the less fortunate Barry O-ites, we'll call them the "takers". They are primarily located in the Big City urban areas. The areas that will be hit first and hardest by any interruption to their goods and services. You know how anyone would react in such extreme situations. As they take to the streets in violence with their "illegal" guns the state will have only have one alternative. That would have to be "eliminate" them and bring peace and stability.
    What do we have then? We are now rid of those "non-producers" and "takers" and are left with the "law abiding producers". Unarmed and controlled by the state so that we and contribute to the interests of our "democratic" all giving and caring Government. Agree or disagree with this but the signs leave very little else to consider.
    " The Road to Serfdom is paved with liberal good intentions but it leads to a blind alley where prosperity is mugged and freedom is lost!" Daniel Hannon
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Certified RSO

DON'T TRUST THEM. THE LAW WILL NOT SAY WHAT THEY ARE CLAIMING TO SELL IT!!!!

It's a bad bill. Toomey is a traitor.
    Jim Page

Cogito, ergo armatum sum

This is about ferderalizing state law, nothing more.

Just another trap for the ignorant and naive.

This is all just another con game.

Whether Toomey and Manchin are the conmen or being conned is utterly irrelevant.

No more scams.
    No more gun laws.
    NO, I REFUSE.

Putting the bill aside, I wouldn't trust anything that Manchin had anything to do with. I have seen him for years talking out both ends as a Governor of WV, his own citizens were glad to get him out of state, figuring he could do less direct damage as a federal employee (go figure).
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

The fact that these Senators would include reciprocity into this legislation should tell us how dangerous S-649 is. Senator Manchin sold his soul to Obama when he voted in favor of Obama Care:

"The U.S. Senate lost its last-standing pro-life Democrat today when Senator Joe Manchin of West Virginia betrayed his long-held pro-life convictions to vote against the repeal of the pro-abortion Obama healthcare law.
    Manchin will join the company of Democrats like Senator Bob Casey of Pennsylvania and Senator Ben Nelson of Nebraska, stalwart supporters of the right to life throughout much of their careers who also recently bowed to party pressure and sold out the pro-life advocates who put them in office. (Incidentally, the group Democrats for Life of America opposed repeal while every other pro-life group favored it)."

Sen. Manchin is owned by the Obama administration. His yacht is being used to wine and dine the gun control lobby:

Sen. Mark Kirk: Booze and boat parties smoothed bipartisan gun deal - Washington Times

Sen. Toomey is one of several Republicans who has sold his soul on our Second Amendment Rights. Email or call Sen. Toomey and let him know that you will provide future support for his defeat. I would rather have a known quantity (liberal democrat) in his place. Sen. Toomey is worse than any gun control advocate as he gives millions of "the poorly informed" the impression that because he is a gun owning republican, they can trust him.
    People should practice being in a state of relaxed awareness similar to defensive driving. Enjoy life, but study your surroundings.....http://www.stratfor.com/weekly/pract...onal-awareness

This reminds me of the last several presidential elections.

They're giving us the option of picking the lesser of 2 evils. That way we're supposed to feel like we actually had a choice.
    "When the outflow exceeds the inflow, the upkeep becomes the downfall"

NY's Schumer was on TV talking about the Reciprocity provisions of this bill. It will never make it through to the final draft.

It will be in there until the populous voices enough support for the GUN CONTROL bill for it to pass....but POOF...the reciprocity provisions will disappear! At that point...TOO LATE!!! GUN CONTROL is a done deal.

Then Manchin and Toomey, along with others will be saying (to quote a famous movie) "pay no attention to the man(men) behind the curtain"...They are both just shills for the Liar in Chief to get his Gun Control legislation....getting closer to their ultimate goal...CONFISCATION.

The norm rather than the exception for 50 years.

Quote Originally Posted by DarrellM5 View Post
    This reminds me of the last several presidential elections.

They're giving us the option of picking the lesser of 2 evils. That way we're supposed to feel like we actually had a choice.
    This has been the case for decades, actually I don't really feel that I have had a real choice since I turned 18 yrs old and started voting (never missed out on a chance to vote) in 1967. So, this is not something new and it has never been something I have been happy about, but until someone stands for the truth and is electable, you vote for what you feel is the best available.
    The problem is more the uneducated voter, voting for who they are told too, instead of them voting for a person because they themselves have decided they are the best for them. Which is what voting is all about.
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by dogshawred View Post
    This has been the case for decades, actually I don't really feel that I have had a real choice since I turned 18 yrs old and started voting (never missed out on a chance to vote) in 1967. So, this is not something new and it has never been something I have been happy about, but until someone stands for the truth and is electable, you vote for what you feel is the best available.
    Or not, as the case may be. Sometimes an abstention is the only vote that stands for the truths one believes in.

Quote Originally Posted by dogshawred View Post
    The problem is more the uneducated voter, voting for who they are told too, instead of them voting for a person because they themselves have decided they are the best for them. Which is what voting is all about.
    Not usually how it goes down in presidential elections, though. How many people said that they didn't like Dole, but voted for him anyway? How many voted for McCain even though they couldn't stomach his "moderate" record? How many thought Romney stood for nothing that traditional Republicans stood for, yet voted for him anyway? Seems to me, most people who identify as "conservatives" vote for whoever they're told to by the Republican Party bosses. I didn't/don't, but most did/do.

BTW, I like your new avatar, but have a question for you. Isn't saying "...against all enemies, foreign or Obama" redundant? LOL

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12