Kimber Pro Carry II
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kimber Pro Carry II

Blog Entries

Kimber Pro Carry II

Bought a Kimber Pro Carry II (.45 auto) this weekend, Thought I would ask what the thoughts were of you fellow members. Shot it today after cleaning this weekend, Handles nice, feels good in my hand, and maintained a 3" grouping at 7 and 9 yards, will experiment with further distances later as ammo permits. Don't really like the take down method but will get used to it eventually I suppose. I really like the gun though.

I have a Kimber Super Carry Pro HD...most accurate sidearm I've ever shot. It's my concealed carry weapon of choice w/ Hornady Critical Defense. I carry it in a IWB Kingtuck. I too don't like the take down either...and doubt I'll get use to it, but oh well on that.

I have the Pro Carry II and think it's a great gun! With practice, you'll get use to that lighter frame and I'm sure the groups will shrink. I have two 8 rd SS mags to go along with the standard 7 rd. one that it came with, and usually carry with one of those. You've chosen wisely!

I have a CDP Compact (going on 13 years now) and it is my usual "off site" carry gun. Light, accurate (3 inch groups at 25 yds), shootable and consealable. Not much more that you could ask of a handgun.

6. I have the Kimber Crimson Carry II. It is by far my favorite pistol to shoot. It is very accurate. I've tried many other pistols and found none that I like better.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Bill Amsden View Post
    Bought a Kimber Pro Carry II (.45 auto) this weekend, Thought I would ask what the thoughts were of you fellow members. Shot it today after cleaning this weekend, Handles nice, feels good in my hand, and maintained a 3" grouping at 7 and 9 yards, will experiment with further distances later as ammo permits. Don't really like the take down method but will get used to it eventually I suppose. I really like the gun though.
    RTFM (Read the _ Manual)

The most important detail in the manual is to replace the recoil spring every 700 - 800 rounds.
    You can crack the aluminum alloy frame if you do not replace the recoil spring.

Kimber sells recoil springs in sets of 3 on their website for about $15.

You can out a wolf precision spring in it and its good for 1200 rounds! Very accurate gun, but I recommend the kimber cleaning kit. Got mine of eBay for $20. Kit includes 4 take down pins and a device to take apart .45 magazines and hold the recoil spring on it and slowly release it from the pin to pull it all apart

I have the Pro Carry HD II. Conceals very well and is very accurate due in part to that sweet trigger.

-178S

10. Bought a Kimber Tactical Pro II (45acp) a while back. I love everything about it except the takedown. It is my favorite for its smooth trigger and accuracy.

Blog Entries
    I have heard rumors that the guide rod spring needs frequent replacement in some Kimber models, as little as 700 rounds. Is the Pro Carry II the same. Looks like I can get the springs easy enough so that isn't a big deal and it appears that they use the same spring as the 5" barrel models. Comments and input welcome before I start really breaking this pistol in at the range.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast