Why does Glock not make a compact 10mm? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why does Glock not make a compact 10mm?

I would like to see Glock make a single stack 9mm a la G 36.
    Last edited by fudo; 04-20-2013 at 10:08 AM. Reason: grammar
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

JSDinTexas Guest
    Some of comments may be a little off the mark. Glocks are full, subcompact, and compact. The G29 is subcompact and the same exact platform as the G30. In .40 the G22 is full, G23 sub, G27 compact. No, they don't make a compact 10mm and probably because it would be too hard to handle ie. get on target with followup shots, and just stabilize it after the blast, etc.. I carried a G29 for a while, but target reacquisition was lousy due to barrel rise from the recoil (compensated? maybe better, don't know). I carry a G30 with no problem - good penetration, big hole, and manageable for that second and third shot. I use to carry a G23, which is the same platform as the G19, but opted for the G30 since it is almost the same size, a little fatter as was mentioned, but makes a decidedly bigger hole with similar penetration - the loss of 3 available rounds was acceptable.
    I hunt with a G20 under a red dot sight, using Winchester Silver Tips, and that usually drops them in their tracks - the 10mm is great for that.

Quote Originally Posted by JSDinTexas View Post
    Some of comments may be a little off the mark. Glocks are full, subcompact, and compact. The G29 is subcompact and the same exact platform as the G30. In .40 the G22 is full, G23 sub, G27 compact. No, they don't make a compact 10mm and probably because it would be too hard to handle ie. get on target with followup shots, and just stabilize it after the blast, etc.. I carried a G29 for a while, but target reacquisition was lousy due to barrel rise from the recoil (compensated? maybe better, don't know). I carry a G30 with no problem - good penetration, big hole, and manageable for that second and third shot. I use to carry a G23, which is the same platform as the G19, but opted for the G30 since it is almost the same size, a little fatter as was mentioned, but makes a decidedly bigger hole with similar penetration - the loss of 3 available rounds was acceptable.
    I hunt with a G20 under a red dot sight, using Winchester Silver Tips, and that usually drops them in their tracks - the 10mm is great for that.
    I understand your point but your terminology is a little backwards. The g23 is a compact (mid-sized) and the the g27 is the sub-compact (i.e. smaller than compact). Now they call the G29 a sub-compact, meaning their smallest frame model in that caliber. Even if the G29 frame is bigger than some of the other subcompacts I was just asking why they don't have anything in between this frame size and the full. I definitely don't want anything SMALLER than a G29.

If you recall, the FBI tried the 10MM a while back. It didn't take them long to figure out it wasn't going to work for them.
    I guess you could call the 40 a 10MM lite.
    "Beware the fury of a patient man." --John Dryden,
    British poet, critic and playwright

Quote Originally Posted by nontechguy View Post
    If you recall, the FBI tried the 10MM a while back. It didn't take them long to figure out it wasn't going to work for them.
    I guess you could call the 40 a 10MM lite.
    .40 S&W = .40 short & weak. Or so I've heard lol. I love the cartridge but still want to step up the power a little bit. The FBI are a bunch of pansies.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12