Why does Glock not make a compact 10mm?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Why does Glock not make a compact 10mm?

  1. #1

    Why does Glock not make a compact 10mm?

    They make a sub but not a compact? I've never understood that. I love 10mm but I'm not a fan of full frame pistols and a sub-compact 10mm doesn't sound like a lot of fun to shoot. I would buy the crap out of mid-size frame though.

  2.   
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    3,832
    If I had to take a guess, it is not a common caliber among police departments. Therefore, the market is relatively small for all 10 mm compared to the 9mm, .40, and .45.

    Get police departments on board with 10mm and I'm sure you'll see all three sizes available.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    If I had to take a guess, it is not a common caliber among police departments. Therefore, the market is relatively small for all 10 mm compared to the 9mm, .40, and .45.

    Get police departments on board with 10mm and I'm sure you'll see all three sizes available.
    That's too bad.. I don't see cops getting on board any time soon. Especially since the cartridge was developed for the FBI then rejected because they're all pansies and couldn't handle the recoil. Oh well, looks like I'm gettin me a Kimber then..poor me. ;)

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    They make a sub but not a compact? I've never understood that. I love 10mm but I'm not a fan of full frame pistols and a sub-compact 10mm doesn't sound like a lot of fun to shoot. I would buy the crap out of mid-size frame though.
    Glock's only compact or midsized .45 is in GAP. Which is why I went with a M&P .45c. I've shot the subcompact .45 and wasn't a fan...can't imagine shooting a 10mm pocket rocket would be a lot of fun!

  6. #5
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    623
    Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    Oh well, looks like I'm gettin me a Kimber then..poor me. ;)
    Stay far away from the Solo. Trust me.
    G'Day and G'lock

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Parrottsville TN
    Posts
    285
    Stay far away from Glock. Trust me.

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Koolbota View Post
    Stay far away from Glock. Trust me.
    Why do you make blank statements on these threads? People look for information so could you kindly back up your comments? I'm now convinced you're a troll.

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Montgomery County, MD
    Posts
    223
    The so called "subcompact" G29 is almost identical in size to the "compact" G19. The The G29 is slightly thicker but almost all all other dimensions are within .25 inches of each other. So either the G29 should be called compact or the G19 should be a subcompact. Glock has mis labeled one of them. You decide which one. I have a G29SF and have done the comparison myself.

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Swinokur View Post
    The so called "subcompact" G29 is almost identical in size to the "compact" G19. The The G29 is slightly thicker but almost all all other dimensions are within .25 inches of each other. So either the G29 should be called compact or the G19 should be a subcompact. Glock has mis labeled one of them. You decide which one. I have a G29SF and have done the comparison myself.
    If that's true then how come the 29 only holds 10+1 when my 23 holds 13+1? Same caliber bullet and same size frame should mean same capacity shouldn't it? Wish I had one in front of me to look at lol.

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Montgomery County, MD
    Posts
    223
    here's a pic comparing the G30 and the G19. The G29 and the G30 are the same frame. You decide the size difference.
    Attached Images Attached Images Why does Glock not make a compact 10mm?-g30-vs-g19_3.jpg 

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast