My Mother, the doctor and the obamacare required question
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Mother, the doctor and the obamacare required question

My Mother, the doctor and the obamacare required question

My mother was asked by her doctor if she owned a firearm. She yelled at him and asked what does this have to do with her medical care. He said it was req. by Obamacare. She said yes she does but it is none of their business. I told her her only answer should of been it was none of their business.

I told my mother that when he (same doctor) asks me, I am going to say "I refuse to answer that question" He knows I was a reserve deputy but I am not sure he can assume I do and put it down on the form.

Has anyone else faced this yet?

Somebody's mistaken or lying. The question isn't required by Obamacare.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

4. Quote Originally Posted by LDaniel View Post
    My mother was asked by her doctor if she owned a firearm. She yelled at him and asked what does this have to do with her medical care. He said it was req. by Obamacare. She said yes she does but it is none of their business. I told her her only answer should of been it was none of their business.

I told my mother that when he (same doctor) asks me, I am going to say "I refuse to answer that question" He knows I was a reserve deputy but I am not sure he can assume I do and put it down on the form.
    That question and its reporting is prohibited by Sen. Reids (D-NV) 'poison pill' amendment to the bill, citations omitted, but see Obama Care threads for discusion.

The proper response is "That question is illegal under the same act you are citing." then refuse further conversation on that subject.

5. Happens regularly at the VA clinics.
    Find another doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by LDaniel View Post
    She said yes she does but it is none of their business.
    Why would she answer the question and then say it's none of their business? That's ironic

Blog Entries
    I say "no" every time. Regardless of my openly carried firearm, always answer "no."

I ask if their spouse gives them oral sex, since that question has the same applicability to my visit to the doctor.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGadgets View Post
    Happens regularly at the VA clinics.
    Find another doctor.
    One of the many good things about living in a extremely pro 2A state is that, of course, the vast majority of the citizens are pro 2A, including the doctors. Never been asked.

I would never answer yes to the question if I have firearms. At my age, 73 I guess I could say I don't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by foxytwo View Post
    I would never answer yes to the question if I have firearms. At my age, 73 I guess I could say I don't remember.
    I say it works at any age. For all they know a bird flew into my head, walking from the car to office and gave me retrograde amnesia. I'm paying you to treat a condition, not for small talk about what I do on my personal time.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast