Musing on Boston 'Lockdown' and Door to Door searches - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 65

Thread: Musing on Boston 'Lockdown' and Door to Door searches

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    I think many people are making more out of this than it is. Why be an ass? This wasn't the average criminal situation. This was a very serious matter and the potential for harm was exceedingly high. the fact that people locked down when faced with this situation can hardly be compared with what would happen in a government takeover. this wasn't a test for some upcoming operation.

  2.   
  3. Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    I think many people are making more out of this than it is. Why be an ass? This wasn't the average criminal situation. This was a very serious matter and the potential for harm was exceedingly high. the fact that people locked down when faced with this situation can hardly be compared with what would happen in a government takeover. this wasn't a test for some upcoming operation.
    I'm not really buying into the conspiracy theory either or 'test of martial law' or whatever people want to call it, but neither do I feel like it's 'being an ass' to kindly tell the police to move along and leave your house alone. People are too quick to give up their rights in the times when they matter most like an emergency situation. Still plenty of folks from New Orleans missing their guns after the government decided there was a 'serious matter with a high potential for harm' which was more important than the rights of the citizens.

  4. #53
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    SE FL and SE OH
    Posts
    5,668
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekul34 View Post
    I'm not really buying into the conspiracy theory either or 'test of martial law' or whatever people want to call it, but neither do I feel like it's 'being an ass' to kindly tell the police to move along and leave your house alone. People are too quick to give up their rights in the times when they matter most like an emergency situation. Still plenty of folks from New Orleans missing their guns after the government decided there was a 'serious matter with a high potential for harm' which was more important than the rights of the citizens.
    Yep, NO forgot the lessons learned from Hurricane Andrew in 1992. There was a dusk to dawn curfew put in place days after the storm here. Took a judge to tell the gov't that no, they couldn't do that. Same as a judge had to tell DACS inspectors that a blanket search warrant is not valid when looking for diseased plants. A warrant has to be specific. Can't just bust into a place or there will be consequences.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

  5. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Elma NY
    Posts
    1,638
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    . When a perp is thought to be hiding on your property the police can require you leave the area. Refusal in a dire situation is obstruction. This isn't to violate your rights it's to protect the responders that must weed-out the perp. .
    I agree that if a perp is next door holding hostages then you may be required to evacuate in case of a shoot out and bullets travelling through windows and walls.. Hell I have taken up sniper positions in peoples houses or roofs in those situations. It was in the 80s though and I sought permission.
    Now a whole city is shut down? We would set up a perimeter of a couple of blocks perhaps but a whole city? A whole neighborhood is systematically searched on bad intel and a hell of a lot of man power. There was a time when this kind of action would land you in very hot water. And again I ask about the hundreds of shots that were fired into the boat. Police weather federal or local can not carry out an execution except to save a life in eminent danger. Just sayin.
    Tolerance of the intolerant leads to the destruction of tolerance. “You are also reminded that any inappropriate remarks or jokes concerning security may result in your arrest,” in the land of the free.

  6. #55
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Elma NY
    Posts
    1,638

    When he failed to respond they opened fire at the boat’s hull. Robert said:

    Finally got some mention of the shooting of what sounded to me like over a hundred rounds of full and semi auto fire, FROM A BRITISH PAPER!

    David Henneberry had gone into his garden for a cigarette after police lifted restrictions on people leaving their homes, believing the bomber had left the area. He noticed that the cover over his boat had blood on it and a strap had been cut. He went back into the house to get a stepladder and looked inside.

    His stepson Robert said: “He stuck his head under the tarp and noticed a pool of blood and something crumpled up in a ball. Instead of being a hero of the moment and yelling at what we now know was the suspect, he did the right thing and called 911.”

    Police immediately evacuated the family and surrounded the house, using a megaphone to tell Dzhokhar to come out with his hands up.

    When he failed to respond they opened fire at the boat’s hull. Robert said: “They wound up *shooting a couple of rounds through the boat. He wasn’t going to like that.”

    Dzhokhar was wounded by the volley of gunfire and police were able to move in and arrest him. They later released infrared pictures taken from a helicopter showing Dzhokhar hiding in the boat.

    Investigators will interrogate the bomber, still seriously ill last night, without reading him his rights – using special “public safety” powers.
    Boston bombers: FBI hunting 12-strong terrorist ?sleeper cell? linked to brothers Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev - Mirror Online
    Tolerance of the intolerant leads to the destruction of tolerance. “You are also reminded that any inappropriate remarks or jokes concerning security may result in your arrest,” in the land of the free.

  7. #56
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,348
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by snatale42 View Post
    I love statements based on nothing!




    YES THERE IS!, It's always amazing to me how many people think that MA is the same as NY, NJ or CA....IT'S NOT! There is no shortage of gun owners in MA. The permit system may be flawed, but gun owners in MA have it easier than many in PRO gun states!
    It's the law in MA. That statement seems to be true. Had this happened down south, those two would have died within the hour.

    Prove that you have it better. Have a .40 on my hip, an AR-15 with a 30 rd mag ready to rock within 10 feet unlocked and pocket rocket in my desk drawer, inches from my other gun. All unlocked, all chambered and no law to prevent me from doing so. I can walk around my property adjacent to the highway running past it armed to the teeth and no cops will bother me. I can open carry anywhere I choose, conceal carry without fear of reprisal and target shoot anytime I please. Cops ask me what kind of gun it is, how much, do you have or have you shot this one, etc. if there is dialogue about it.

  8. #57
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,348
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by golocx4 View Post
    Finally got some mention of the shooting of what sounded to me like over a hundred rounds of full and semi auto fire, FROM A BRITISH PAPER!

    David Henneberry had gone into his garden for a cigarette after police lifted restrictions on people leaving their homes, believing the bomber had left the area. He noticed that the cover over his boat had blood on it and a strap had been cut. He went back into the house to get a stepladder and looked inside.

    His stepson Robert said: “He stuck his head under the tarp and noticed a pool of blood and something crumpled up in a ball. Instead of being a hero of the moment and yelling at what we now know was the suspect, he did the right thing and called 911.”

    Police immediately evacuated the family and surrounded the house, using a megaphone to tell Dzhokhar to come out with his hands up.

    When he failed to respond they opened fire at the boat’s hull. Robert said: “They wound up *shooting a couple of rounds through the boat. He wasn’t going to like that.”

    Dzhokhar was wounded by the volley of gunfire and police were able to move in and arrest him. They later released infrared pictures taken from a helicopter showing Dzhokhar hiding in the boat.

    Investigators will interrogate the bomber, still seriously ill last night, without reading him his rights – using special “public safety” powers.
    Boston bombers: FBI hunting 12-strong terrorist ?sleeper cell? linked to brothers Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev - Mirror Online
    "Public safety powers" lmao,i bet he used his "no speaka engrish" powers. Execute. Don't make us pay for his coddling.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    "Public safety powers" lmao,i bet he used his "no speaka engrish" powers. Execute. Don't make us pay for his coddling.
    Don't worry, obamacare limits the price the hospital will charge us for his care... Unless there's an exemption for felons in there... To be honest I think the cops did try to murder him and were as surpised as anyone he survived having read varying reports stating anywhere from "a few" to "around thirty" to "what sounded like a hundred" shots into the boat where he was already lying unresponsive and near death.

  10. #59
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,720
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    The people supported this out of an abundance of caution. No one's house was searched against their will. Not every house was searched. In some cases they just talked with a homeowner, ensured they were secure and advised locking down. When a perp is thought to be hiding on your property the police can require you leave the area. Refusal in a dire situation is obstruction. This isn't to violate your rights it's to protect the responders that must weed-out the perp. As can be seen from the celebratory response of the people after the situation ended, the majority were pleased, thankful and proud of the speed and manner in which the situation was handled and the focus on safety to the communities. In addition, if people started moving about they would make it easier for the suspect to blend. But when the streets are empty it's very hard for the suspect to move about.
    Lots of citizen-video of the house-to-house searches are now emerging BC, and they don't comport with your assertion that no one's house was searched against their will. Nor do they comport with the assertion that not every house was searched.

    Take a look at this one where somewhere around 8 - 10 people are rousted out of their home (or it may have been apartments, not sure about that) and forced to put their hands up as they exit. Then they're frisked and sent down the sidewalk to a waiting area while the building is overrun with highly militarized SWAT and FBI agents.

    house search in watertown, ma - YouTube

    Does the guy shooting this video sound "pleased, thankful and proud" that the cops in full battle gear have invaded his quiet neighborhood?

    SWAT Video - YouTube

    Am I overly suspicious of a commander who can't allow an open mic that is picking up his underlings' conversations between themselves as they sweep a neighborhood because, I think, he might fear a civilian scanner picking up evidence of some extra-constitutional going on within that perimeter?

    WATCH YOUR MIC - YouTube

    Can I get a little paranoid when the cops start demanding the names of women they have already ordered outside of their home so it could be searched unsupervised, when the only suspect of wrong-doing that they're ostensibly looking for at that time was one 19-year-old male? A male with a foreign accent at that?

    LIVE INSIDE Martial Law in Watertown MA | Part 12 - YouTube

    These thugs are not our friends. Right now the most useless organization in America is Oath Keepers, as apparently there's not a single oath keeping public "servant" serving anywhere in the Boston area that could make his/her voice heard through a ubiquitous device known as a modern cell phone with video/audio recording capability.

    And the most heartbreaking irony of the tyranny that many of us recognize as such, is that it's going out over the airwaves in real-time in the Boston area on April 19th. Has anyone thought about that date or that general location with all this going on? Does the bridge at Lexington Green ring a bell? Concord? That's right, the "shot heard around the world" was fired by Pastor Jonas Clark on April 19, 1775. The fight for republican freedom started in the Boston area, and we watched on live, real-time TV as it continued its death throes in the same general place and on its anniversary 238 years later.

    I almost posted this piece three days ago when I got a link to it in email, but figured it would be ignored because, well, history is just so yesterday around here (pun intended). I dare anybody to read that bit of history and come back saying that what all the video of the government siege on Boston represents being "protected" by the police state that is our now-permanent and unopposed reality. It's really a rather sickening thing to see. Those house-to-house searches were just a good excuse to look around for guns, ammo, high capacity magazines, the wrong kind of reading material, food preps, etc.

    This is a post from my other home on the interwebs by a poster named "Cameraman."

    Quote Originally Posted by Cameraman
    This is disgusting and Scary, these people are All Fools, this should be a wake up call to everybody! I watched the People being pulled out of their homes Hands up like Criminals, and the sheep complied!

    This Country is going to hell in a hand Basket, they spend thousand of Dollars and Locked down a Major City, losing more in revenue and Business, to catch two Criminals? What sense has this Country got Left? We live in Fear of this almighty Police State, and complain yet these people Complied like the Sheep they are! PATRIOTS they are Not! Clapped for their captors, and Damn they went without Starbucks Too!
    It speaks my thoughts exactly. The republic is dead. I will remember her fondly.

    Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

  11. #60
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Carolina/Charleston
    Posts
    2,388
    So we just got done having our "gun control" debate and waste of time in congress and the theatrical gimics of the garbage in the whitehouse, as they all "fed" off the carcasses of 20 dead children at Sandy Hook and told all of us that they want total gun control that leads to confiscation of our firearms. Now, in Boston, you are suppose to lock your door and stay inside and if we do end up with no firearms, we are suppose to follow their commands to stay in our home unarmed. May I humbly ask how quickly the police will arrive at my house if the BG should break in now that I am unarmed and unable to adequately protect myself and my family. The sheer idiocy of this gun control crap and what has been happening in Boston is incredible.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast