How do you protect yourself on a cruise?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you protect yourself on a cruise?

1. How do you protect yourself on a cruise?

Since no weapons are allowed on a Carnival cruise, any suggestions as to what you can do for protection?

Quote Originally Posted by eht6183 View Post
    Since no weapons are allowed on a Carnival cruise, any suggestions as to what you can do for protection?
    Beyond staying on the boat and always using a condom, not much.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

The long and short of it is to think outside the box.
    They do allow small pocket knives. They also allow Writing pens. I always carry a nice heavy metal Cross Pen.
    Many household/Cruise items can be used defensively if you just think outside the box. My Pen can stab the crap out of someone. knitting needles, my little pocket knife is sharp, sharp, sharp!
    Your suit cases will be X-rayed and opened if they see something they don't like. Screwdrivers, and scissors are not permitted.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

How do you protect yourself on a cruise?

Never saw a reason to go on a cruise. Still don't.

6. So much of this beautiful country I haven't seen yet. And I used to be able to speak the language here. (Press 1 for Spanish, press 2 for Arabic)

Quote Originally Posted by eht6183 View Post
    You could carry a cane if you choose. They are even allowed on commercial aircraft. A good piece of hickory can go a long way. Try one of these Cane Masters!, Walking Canes for mobility, self-defense, exercise and rehabilitation Or an unbreakable umbrella like this Real Self-Defense | The Unbreakable® Walking-Stick Umbrella Not nearly as good a a firearm but better than nothing though.
    A man's life, liberty, and property are only safe when the legislature is NOT in session. Will Rogers

Not only is a cane a good idea, but look around the ship. There should be a fire ax around that you could get your hands on in case of piracy or other illegal takeover. Fire extinguishers are a heavy club and the spray will be very distracting.

Keep your eyes open and stay safe. Remember, to avoid the problem in the first place is much better than to fight your way out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    Never saw a reason to go on a cruise. Still don't.
    Last ship we traveled on sank a couple weeks before we were going to use it again. First trip was from Cyprus to Turkey at gov't expense. Second trip would have been from Israel to Cyprus to Turkey at our expense. If we went to Israel back then, you had to fly or sail to Cyprus to get back to Turkey.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

I'd protect myself by not going on a Carnival Cruise!

Carnival is the worst of the worst. If you're lucky you'll get one of the boats that's NOT staffed by Kathy Lee....

Seriously, they have the highest instance of major food poisoning, mechanical problems, and every other problem of any cruise line. If you go, you obviously don't care enough about your safety to be thinking about bringing weapons. You're practically asking for it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast