Watertown manhunt.. who were they shooting at? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Watertown manhunt.. who were they shooting at?

  1. Unfortunately the city isn't required to reimburse if they were performing a legal enforcement action when they destroyed your totally unrelated property, **** happens, that's what insurance is for.

  2.   
  3. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Parrottsville TN
    Posts
    285
    Quote Originally Posted by dbrow6272 View Post
    From my observation when the LEO's closed in they opened fire on the boat. Even heard one of them saying "he is thrashing around now" with 2-300 rounds going into that boat I am extremely surprised that punk is still alive. Don't get me wrong but excessive use of force kind of comes to mind here.

    Generally, cops can't hit the broadside of a barn, let alone a boat, let alone a man.

  4. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Parrottsville TN
    Posts
    285




    Here's your bunch of wild *******.

  5. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Koolbota View Post




    Here's your bunch of wild *******.
    Why do half of them have NVG mounts? Since when does SWAT need NVGs? If I'm clearing a house at night, the last thing I'd want are NVGs in my face.. That's what weapon lights are for.

  6. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Topeka, KS
    Posts
    185
    Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    Why do half of them have NVG mounts? Since when does SWAT need NVGs? If I'm clearing a house at night, the last thing I'd want are NVGs in my face.. That's what weapon lights are for.
    These are probably DOD hand-me-downs and I think some of these guys, including those with NVG put everything on so they would look scarier. After all, who in their right mind would dare do anything but immediately surrender when facing a fine group of intimidating looking, fully outfitted LE with "scary looking assault weapons" (er...personal defense weapons per HS). The thing I noticed right away is that most have extra protection covering their family jewels. (all sarcasm intended).
    Dave "The said Constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." Samuel Adams

  7. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Topeka, KS
    Posts
    185
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekul34 View Post
    Unfortunately the city isn't required to reimburse if they were performing a legal enforcement action when they destroyed your totally unrelated property, **** happens, that's what insurance is for.
    I see where LA has settled with the two ladies who were delivering papers while cops were looking for Dorner. They put over 100 rounds in their pickup and injured both ladies even though their truck did not resemble the ex-cop's. The city paid $40,000 for replacing the destroyed truck and $4.2 million to the two women. So, it appears there may be situations where government takes some responsibility for damages, although do not if those in the Watertown firefights will.
    Dave "The said Constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." Samuel Adams

  8. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Topeka, KS
    Posts
    185
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekul34 View Post
    Unfortunately the city isn't required to reimburse if they were performing a legal enforcement action when they destroyed your totally unrelated property, **** happens, that's what insurance is for.
    My comment was mainly "tongue in cheek". Sorry if that did not come across. However, I see that LA settled with the two women delivering papers who were injured by cops mistaking them for the rogue ex-LA cop. They paid $40,000 for the truck that took over 100 rounds and $4.2 million for injuries, etc. suffered by them. Maybe it's a matter of the truck not matching the description of the ex-cop and there is no return fire while the cops keep pouring it in that would suggest irresponsible actions by the cops?
    Dave "The said Constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." Samuel Adams

  9. #18

    Watertown manhunt.. who were they shooting at?

    Quote Originally Posted by dgifted View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    Why do half of them have NVG mounts? Since when does SWAT need NVGs? If I'm clearing a house at night, the last thing I'd want are NVGs in my face.. That's what weapon lights are for.
    These are probably DOD hand-me-downs and I think some of these guys, including those with NVG put everything on so they would look scarier. After all, who in their right mind would dare do anything but immediately surrender when facing a fine group of intimidating looking, fully outfitted LE with "scary looking assault weapons" (er...personal defense weapons per HS). The thing I noticed right away is that most have extra protection covering their family jewels. (all sarcasm intended).
    Lol yep. Groin protectors are standard on all DOD flaks and plate carriers now. Shrapnel catches you down there, it doesn't take long bleed out. Not sure how that really helps SWAT though, a bullet would go right through those flimsy things.

    Also, is it just me or does the guy 6th from the right have Down's syndrome?

  10. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,419
    Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    Why do half of them have NVG mounts?
    Looks like the guy in front has a camera mounted to his helmet. That way, they can release all the video that makes them look calm, polite and helpful, and trash the video that exposes them violating everyone's rights.

    Might be a NV camera, but it doesn't look like NVG's to me.

    And yeah, the sixth guy from the right and all the rest of 'em look like mental deficients of one description or another to me.

    Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

  11. #20
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    2,837

    Watertown manhunt.. who were they shooting at?

    Quote Originally Posted by Koolbota View Post




    Here's your bunch of wild *******.
    I see a variety of soft spots in the armor they are wearing.

    Just sayin...... Ya know?

    They're not as "scary" when they're on their knees..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast