Watertown manhunt.. who were they shooting at?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Watertown manhunt.. who were they shooting at?

Watertown manhunt.. who were they shooting at?

So... when u was watching the manhunt on tv, the older brother dead, and they had been searching for hours. They had just allowed people to start leaving their homes when they went to a cnn reporter that both he and his camera guy reported automatic weapons fire. They locked the city back down and eventually found the guy in the boat.

If he had been in the boat for awhile like they said..... who was shooting, and at whom?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Time to add FireMarshall Bill to the block list.

Quote Originally Posted by Warbirds View Post
    So... when u was watching the manhunt on tv, the older brother dead, and they had been searching for hours. They had just allowed people to start leaving their homes when they went to a cnn reporter that both he and his camera guy reported automatic weapons fire. They locked the city back down and eventually found the guy in the boat.

If he had been in the boat for awhile like they said..... who was shooting, and at whom?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    This one of the rare times I will say its justified . really who cares

The story published was that when contact was made by LE, Jharo fired on them and engaged by returning fire at the suspect in the boat. This was all done before the media even knew there had been a 911 call about the blody guy in the boat that needed to be checked out.
    I really don't believe that LE is going to track down media, hold a press conference to let them know what ther are doing before they engage to capture a potential terrorist subject.
    Now keep in mind this is just MY OPINION.
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

Just the DHS guys expending some of their billions of rounds.

Didn't want to carry them home, they'll get more issued.
    Never argue with a red-haired witch. It wastes your breath and only delays the inevitable. --the collected sayings of Wiz Zumwalt

Blog Entries
    From my observation when the LEO's closed in they opened fire on the boat. Even heard one of them saying "he is thrashing around now" with 2-300 rounds going into that boat I am extremely surprised that punk is still alive. Don't get me wrong but excessive use of force kind of comes to mind here.
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready." TR

2Awarrior Guest
    I was wondering about this after it was over.
    That is a densely developed area as far as spacing of the homes. All those rounds flying everywhere, not too many hitting the kid, apparently, and none of them hit anyone else in the surrounding area?
    Seems amazing.

I saw reports of a man in an apartment near the shooting reported he found 3 bullet holes inside his apartment after the shooting. I'm not sure if it was the night engagement that resulted in the dead brother or when they found 19 year old. However, with 200 rounds flying, I can't believe no one, even in a house was not hit. Remember the two NYC cops that shot at a guy with a gun near Times Square? There were 12 or 12 bystanders hit by bullets, all from the cops weapons. For that reason somebody or somebody's pet had to get hit, I think. Did the city pay anyone off to keep it quite and to keep away from the press?
    - My big question is who is going to pay the boat owner for his newly airconditioned job? Or the SUV owner whose stolen car was similarly made to resemble swiss cheese? I know the cops/feds/etc. have to be sure they get the suspects but what is their responsibility to reimburse the property owner? Same question for homeowners that took rounds in their buildings, cars, etc. during the firefight? Will LE simply claim the rounds had to be from the BG, not them and refuse any financial responsibility? I have watched a lot of reports since last week but heard nothing about this.
    Dave "The said Constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by dgifted View Post
    My big question is who is going to pay the boat owner for his newly airconditioned job? Or the SUV owner whose stolen car was similarly made to resemble swiss cheese? I know the cops/feds/etc. have to be sure they get the suspects but what is their responsibility to reimburse the property owner? Same question for homeowners that took rounds in their buildings, cars, etc. during the firefight? Will LE simply claim the rounds had to be from the BG, not them and refuse any financial responsibility? I have watched a lot of reports since last week but heard nothing about this.
    I heard there was an online drive to collect donations to buy the guy a new boat and they had collected several thousand so far. It was estimated that it would cost $30,000 to replace it. The rest I haven't heard anything about. But I'm guessing the city of Boston is not going to be much help.

Quote Originally Posted by Peggy Reist View Post
    I'm guessing the city of Boston is not going to be much help.
    Sorry to "chop" your reply but as a former resident of the Boston area, they don't give a flying crap about his boat, the car or the (and they must be MANY) holes in people's houses!

They didn't care about anyone's Constitutional Rights so why would you think they would care about ones property?

Quote Originally Posted by dgifted View Post
    However, with 200 rounds flying, I can't believe no one, even in a house was not hit. Remember the two NYC cops that shot at a guy with a gun near Times Square? There were 12 or 12 bystanders hit by bullets, all from the cops weapons. For that reason somebody or somebody's pet had to get hit, I think.
    There's a big difference between Times Square and a suburban neighborhood. And between NYPD beat cobs and SWAT.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast