1911 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1911

Feeds Great

Quote Originally Posted by NotTwoShure View Post
    Not an issue with my Ultra, feeds great all JHP that I have bought or loaded.
    You've never had any issues with a feed or extract with your Ultra? Are you running all stock or have you changed recoil spring or magazines? What magazines do you use? I have an Ultra that I've run all sorts of HP, FMJ of all brands, but it seems to have issues with extraction. I am using the Kimber Tac Mags. The other day I had 3 mags in a row run fine with HP, the first two mags with FMJ had extraction issues. I've probably only run about 500 rounds through it since I've owned it.

Quote Originally Posted by SmithKoWitz View Post
    Yep, those are the same Hogue grips; they're awesome. Here they are on my RIA Tactical.
    Attachment 9492

As for Papa Grumpy picking a Kimber full size sounds good to me. I've heard the Ultra size (3" barrel) Kimber's sometimes have feed issues. I had a RaptorII Pro (4" barrel) and never had an issue with it. I like Kimber, Smith &Wesson, Springfield Armory . . and Rock Island.
    Yours and mine are the same while Ringo's are I think an older model. And yes, I plan on them for my RIA also.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

I like the SS because its easy to clean.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123