I'm unarmed now.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm unarmed now.

I'm unarmed now.

Well, since I've been out of work for so long, I've had to bring both my 9mm and my .45 to the pawn shop. It really feels strange to be going out armed with only a knife.

3. Sorry to hear that, and pawn shops are really terrible places to sell guns you'll get less than half what they're probably worth to sell to an individual... uhm, if you're on a budget hi-points really aren't too terrible for the 150ish or so they cost new. Or get a NEF pardner 12ga pump at walmart for about 120+tax...

I appreciate the suggestions but I'm hoping to get the pistols back when I find a job. And it's tough to concealed carry a 12ga.

5. Wow, I'm sorry to hear that and how long will the pawn shop hold your weapons?

I'm unarmed now.

Usually 90 days.

That stinks man, I hope you can get them back when things are better. I had a Beretta 9mm that I loved but had to sell it to a pawn shop and got hosed in the process. Never again.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentSmith5150 View Post
    That stinks man, I hope you can get them back when things are better. I had a Beretta 9mm that I loved but had to sell it to a pawn shop and got hosed in the process. Never again.
    I never sell at pawn shops. I understand they have to make money but they're just greedy. They never want to give more than about 40-50% of fair market value. They just play on people's desperation.

I'd do everything possible to get them back. It'll be tough to replace them, especially now with a buying frenzy going on...the gun stores here are 'packed' all the time, so not many "deals" to be had these days.

I agree with some of the others that pawn shops are not the preferred option, but where else are you going to get quick cash...and...be able to get your guns back. You'll get more from a private sale, but that's also a final sale.

Hope things improve for you soon. Keep your head up!

Quote Originally Posted by Lakeland Man View Post
    Well, since I've been out of work for so long, I've had to bring both my 9mm and my .45 to the pawn shop. It really feels strange to be going out armed with only a knife.
    Lakeland Man send me an email with your background. I may be able to help.

11. Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentSmith5150 View Post
    I never sell at pawn shops. I understand they have to make money but they're just greedy. They never want to give more than about 40-50% of fair market value. They just play on people's desperation.
    That's because they know most of the stuff is stolen and the person bringing it in is happy to get anything cause its more than what they've got in it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast