Terrorists WIN! Man Arrested For Wearing Camo.... - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Terrorists WIN! Man Arrested For Wearing Camo....

Oh my God...based on some of the pictures a thirty round magazine may not be enough for defense against one 19 year old madman. We need a squad full of 30 round magazines. What is that about...why are they walking in such tight formation...must be learning some new kind of combat technique.

Full camo in a city environment always makes me smile. If they are not Military, I find it funny personally. If you want to blend into the environment, jeans, a plain shirt, ballcap with no logos on it and non-tactical glasses would be better camo.

Since I keep my hunting gear sealed up to keep from being coated in exhaust and 'city' smells, I can never understand wearing your hunting clothes as everyday attire. But then, that is just me.

As for this report, if they did actually detain him for his outfit, then they were seriously mistaken and should be held accountable. But as with all reporting, there is the story they told and the story that actually happened. Not always the same.

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    I hope he has a good lawyer.

And as you said, a person in camo isn't even looked at twice by most. Unless it is to determine if they are Army, Air Force, Marine, or Navy so they can be thanked.
    no need now since the branches started thinking they were individually special and making their own terrible patterns. however, this new pattern war was won by the marines, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    Now when I think camo I think hunting camo. So around here in upstate SC a person in full camo isn't looked at twice cause we all just assume he's another redneck who subscribed to that "we need to start wearing camo out in public" trend.
    really grinds my gears, unless going to/from actual hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
    no need now since the branches started thinking they were individually special and making their own terrible patterns. however, this new pattern war was won by the marines, hands down.

really grinds my gears, unless going to/from actual hunting.
    The truly terrible camo pattern goes to the Navy. Blue camo for land use? What were they thinking? And if you are in the water in them, you likely need to be seen to be rescued. Back to the old style clothes so you could tell the Seamen, Petty Officers, and Officers apart.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    The truly terrible camo pattern goes to the Navy. Blue camo for land use? What were they thinking? And if you are in the water in them, you likely need to be seen to be rescued. Back to the old style clothes so you could tell the Seamen, Petty Officers, and Officers apart.
    i hate my AF tiger stripe.

I find anyone wearing the burka suspicious. I wonder if anyone wearing one would be harrassed? I think not...
    Due to the increased cost of Ammunition I will be forced to discontinue warning shots as of now! USAF Chief Master Sergeant, Retired, 1979-2005

Quote Originally Posted by Koolbota View Post
    More city douche bags-

Thanks for the cool pictures, it's nice to see our police out risking their lives to find a terrorist as people like you just sit in the comfort of your home and talk trash.

9. When I read about this story on FB, I pointed out that I think camo is a requirement in the next county over from me..

Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    Thanks for the cool pictures, it's nice to see our police out risking their lives to find a terrorist as people like you just sit in the comfort of your home and talk trash.

They are not on my side.

I am not comfortable in my home.

You are not on my side either.

Anxiously awaiting the ball to drop.

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    What does him not being named have to do with him having been harassed and "taken into custody" for no reason that any report I've found has articulated?
    Just ammunition for a lawyer to sue with. Damages would be far easier to claim if he had been named.
    Whatever, I did find another piece on it with a bit more info and quotes from cops.
    Thanks, but that still mentions the camo only as a description rather than a specific reason, though the repeated mention of it still seems strange. It actually cites his behavior as the reason for suspicion. I also wonder if maybe it's the media who keeps bringing up the camouflage instead of the police. That wouldn't surprise me either.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast