ammo, ammo, and more ammo!! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ammo, ammo, and more ammo!!

FNWylde Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    Watch out, I pointed this out and a lot of people don't like to accept it. Ammo doesn't just dry up and create a shortage. Ammo gets bought by people who are scared and stockpiled in their closets until they have thousands of rounds and no more is left on the store shelf.

Agree with that, of the 22 people I work with only one was an AR shooter. Now there are several and all want ammo. I shoot my pistols mostly and had a good stash before supply dried up and can easily trade for some .223, or just wait for what I need to come back into stock at a reasonable price.

Blog Entries
    I couldn't - as in past tense- emphasize enough- prior to the gun bill vote - that a great way to find ammo is to go on Armslist.com and make a trade. A major percentage of the transactions done on there is a trade. When firearms, firearms parts and ammo were in major demand- yet the value of the dollar- remained relatively unchanged- causing us to dish out more dollars for said item. Rather than use money- why not buy firearms items WITH firearms items- aka trade. Both traders can either trade each other for pre panic prices, or current pricing- either way. I traded a 22 AR pistol, from sig- that i purchased for $400 (includes $80 i spent on sig sights), for 1900 rds of 9mm Winchester FMJs aka 21 cents per rd.- from a NRA instructor. But now that the gun bill has been denied- with the increased supply of firearms- I do not know how economically practical trading firearms for ammo would be.

Blog Entries
    You can get all the shot gun shells you want here in Raleigh, also hunting rifle ammo is quite plentiful and also pricey, dang even some calibers I have never heard of before but very little pistol ammo in 9mm, .40S&W and .45's and virtually no .223or 5.56. It does come in but in very small amounts and if you are not one of the first 20 waiting in line you will leave empty handed. I too have seen some of the prices that these bulk ammo sites are asking. Last weekend CTD had 1000 rnds of 9mm for $795.00....what a deal. I have accumulated plenty of ammo over the past year at the advise of many posters on this site and as it turns out they 100% correct. No, I haven't shot very much at all and probably won't until I can get ammo to replace what I shoot. I'll be damned if I am going to pay .79 a round for 9mm. Hopefully it will correct itself soon.

Yesterday my son tells me the shelves at WalMart are stocked. He can't buy handgun ammo because he isn't 21. I go in today, late morning and.............................shelves are not so stocked but, there are boxes of his and mine on the shelf, and there is even a choice between two or three!!!

Yay.

I buy a box of 100 Winchester 40 SW 165gr for me @ $35.00 and two boxes of 50 Federal 9mm Luger for him @ $13.97/box.

They had 22LR but only the small boxes.

It's not like pre Dec '12, but I feel encouraged today.
    ...SCOTUS says we're right...You don't like it. I'm sorry you don't like it. I guess that's a problem for you. Some people don't like gays. Some don't like alcohol. Some don't like meat. ~michaelzwilliamson

Been hit and miss here in SC

Quote Originally Posted by beachbum17 View Post
    Not a shortage more of a hordage. People are hoarding and will buy any round that hits shelves. If anything more ammo is being made then pervious years, just more people buying it and larger quantities

Dot get me wrong I had plenty on hand in anticipation for something like this, but its annoying to not be able to shoot as often as I usually go
    The clerk at Wally World tells me every morning there are people waiting to see if ammo arrived during evening shipments. It's usually gone within an hour.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Picked up a case (1000) of 7.62x39 last week at my local gun shop. Worked out to 0.35 a round. I was happy with that!

Guess what I got today.
    My brother tells me he's sending me a prize and to watch for UPS, so I do.
    Truck delivered a small box. I open it to find two 555 boxes Winchester 22LR.
    He tells me he got them via a lucky trip to WalMart.

I am all happy and excited. I can take the S&W AR out (next day it doesn't rain or snow) and have fun shooting it again--and not worry about using the ammo. It has been many months since I could do that.
    I have enough 40 SW on hand now that I am comfortable about shooting it for fun too.

[I would do that if I really owned any firearms that is]
    ...SCOTUS says we're right...You don't like it. I'm sorry you don't like it. I guess that's a problem for you. Some people don't like gays. Some don't like alcohol. Some don't like meat. ~michaelzwilliamson

10. The only ammo to be easily had in west Texas will be at the gun stores that are charging 2-3 times the ordinary price. Wal-mart can't keep anything in stock. I haven't seen 9mm ammo in months, except at the aforementioned gun store where it's $36/50 rds for the cheap stuff. When the Wal-mart stores get any ammo they sell out within the hour.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123