ammo, ammo, and more ammo!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ammo, ammo, and more ammo!!

1. Talking ammo, ammo, and more ammo!!

I've been reading on basically every site that I go to there is an ammo shortage still.

I went to the local gun store today (first time in a while) and was simply amazed at the amount of ammo in stock. As well as the 75 AR-15's on the shelf.

Is everyone still having an issue in various states finding ammo? I see that cheaper than dirt, buds and a few others all show "out of stock" on pretty much everything.

At least here in Hampton Roads there is anything but a shortage. Hopefully everyone is able to find the same amount of ammo we are here.

price examples:

$25 Hydra-shok
    $31 Powerball all 9mm
    $29 Gold Dot

$32 Hydra-shok .45acp
    $37 Powerball

$230 500 rounds .223

I went to walmart today in West Boylston MA and they had about 20 boxes of misc shotgun rounds. Absolutely nothing else.

Not a shortage more of a hordage. People are hoarding and will buy any round that hits shelves. If anything more ammo is being made then pervious years, just more people buying it and larger quantities

Dot get me wrong I had plenty on hand in anticipation for something like this, but its annoying to not be able to shoot as often as I usually go

No more imported ammo.
    http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/DCPD-20...-201300143.pdf

Enjoy ladies.

Quote:
    . Through Executive Order 13637, the President has delegated his AECA authority to the Secretary of State with respect to the export and temporary import of defense articles and defense services. The International Traffic in Arms Regulations, 22 CFR part 120 et seq., implement the Secretary of State’s delegated authority and list the defense articles and defense services regulated for export and temporary import by the Secretary. Through Executive Order 13637, the President has delegated to the Attorney General the authority under the AECA to control the permanent import of defense articles and defense services. In exercising that authority, the Attorney General ‘‘shall be guided by the views of the Secretary of State on matters affecting world peace, and the external security and foreign policy of the United States.’’ The executive order also requires that the Attorney General obtain the concurrence of the Secretary of State and the Secretary of Defense and provide notice to the Secretary of Commerce for designations, including changes in designations, of defense articles and defense services subject to permanent import controls.

Thing have been loosening up around here ammo wise for the last few months.

7. Here in IL, there is no ammo. I live in the western suburbs of dupage county and every walmart, gander, bass pro, etc is cleaned out of fmj ammo. I haven't been to the range in awhile because I am afraid I may not get to replenish my supply. Last time I picked up 45acp, four months ago, same for 9mm and 40sw. Something more than a shortage is going on....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SamAxe View Post
    I see that cheaper than dirt, buds and a few others all show "out of stock" on pretty much everything.
    Cheaper than dirt can eat their ammo- they had their enormous stock of ammo and charged 3-5x the amount. And as for all the ARs that popped up everywhere the day the gun bill did not pass- makes me wonder if any of those companies purposely withheld putting all their ARs on the market at once- choosing instead to trickle it slowly, and charge 2x the pre panic price? Not complaining about their strategy. Just wondering how many people wondered the same. And is there a possibility that- AR manufacturers were pressured by the govt to withhold a certain amount of supply from the retailers- a supply that they were able to release in full- to retailers when bill did not pass?

Quote Originally Posted by SamAxe View Post
    $25 Hydra-shok
    $31 Powerball all 9mm
    $29 Gold Dot

$32 Hydra-shok .45acp
    $37 Powerball

$230 500 rounds .223
    besides the 223- sounds like the majority of the ammo you saw were personal defense rounds- hps, & not what most people are seeking- target/plinking fmj rds. For the most part i've always seen the hps available. Due to the price points of a box of ammo- vs. that of- per say- a handgun or rifle- its going to take alot longer for the ammo shortage to end.

When Obama got elected I began buying Ammo have more than adequate except the 3,000 rounds and black rifles that fell overboard, 10 minutes of research would have told you this Obama guy was a loser.

my local gun shop/pawn store has plenty of hp and fmj but is limiting the fmj for use at their range only so i walked out with some 9mm and 40.can anybody tell me if 26 dollars was too much for hornaday critical duty 25 rounds? also got 40 cal hornday zombie killers for 28 dollars.they also had remington.since that is the only range i shoot at i wont complain too bad that the fmj is for use on their range(wish wasnt so).thats running 22 dollar for 50 rounds.

ammo, ammo, and more ammo!!

I was (and still am) behind the eight ball as far as ammo goes.
    I have been out of work so I had no money to spend.
    Now I can't find any 9mm to save my life! I have a mix of hp's and fmj's to the grand total of 134 rounds!
    At one of my LGS, I actually bought 50 lose rounds that he had in a ziplock Baggie!
    It was a majority of fmj's with a few HP's mixed in.
    I paid 21.23 dollars for it because its the ONLY 9mm I have seen in a while!
    .40 cal on the other hand has been available at every location and I buy a box of 50 every time I can scrounge up the money.
    I now have about 483 rounds in .40. Mostly fmj's with a bunch of SD rounds.
    I haven shot anything since last summer and I am aching to pull the trigger but I am afraid I won't be able to afford to replace it!
    This ammo shortage sucks, big time!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast