As I said
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: As I said

As I said

No more imported ammo.
    http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/DCPD-20...-201300143.pdf

Enjoy ladies.

Quote:
    . Through Executive Order 13637, the President has delegated his AECA authority to the Secretary of State with respect to the export and temporary import of defense articles and defense services. The International Traffic in Arms Regulations, 22 CFR part 120 et seq., implement the Secretary of State’s delegated authority and list the defense articles and defense services regulated for export and temporary import by the Secretary. Through Executive Order 13637, the President has delegated to the Attorney General the authority under the AECA to control the permanent import of defense articles and defense services. In exercising that authority, the Attorney General ‘‘shall be guided by the views of the Secretary of State on matters affecting world peace, and the external security and foreign policy of the United States.’’ The executive order also requires that the Attorney General obtain the concurrence of the Secretary of State and the Secretary of Defense and provide notice to the Secretary of Commerce for designations, including changes in designations, of defense articles and defense services subject to permanent import controls.

House Oversight subcommittees to Investigates DHS ammo purchases of 2 Billion Rounds
    http://www.examiner.com/article/hous...ammo-purchases

House Oversight subcommittees to look at DHS ammo purchases
    Gun control
    April 23, 2013
    By: Dave Workman

After months of shrinking ammunition supplies at gun shops, gun shows and even for many police and sheriff’s departments, two subcommittees of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform will hold a joint hearing this Thursday to probe huge ammunition purchases by the Department of Homeland Security.

As this column reported over the weekend, the hearing will involve the Subcommittees on National Security (chaired by Utah Rep. Jason Chaffetz) and Economic Growth, Job Creation, and Regulatory Affairs (chaired by Ohio Rep. Jim Jordan).

Northwest retail outlets have been hurting for ammunition in certain calibers, including 9mm, .40 S&W, .45 ACP and .223 Remington. Even .22-caliber rimfire ammunition is in short supply, and prices are up on remaining ammunition. Many in the firearms community have posited that the Obama administration is trying to clamp down on gun owners by controlling the availability of ammunition, and this is being accomplished by buying the ammunition with taxpayer dollars.

Less discussion has occurred about ammunition hoarding by some people who are buying up available stocks out of fear of future supply problems, resulting in a self-fulfilling prophecy.

“Joint Hearing: Oversight of the Federal Government’s Procurement of Ammunition”
    Subcommittee on National Security, Chairman Jason Chaffetz (R-UT), and Subcommittee on Economic Growth, Job Creation, and Regulatory Affairs, Chairman Jim Jordan (R-OH)
    10:00 a.m. in 2154 Rayburn House Office Building

The hearing will examine the procurement of ammunition by the Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration Office of Inspector General.

Alarms have been sounding since earlier this year when a 1.6 billion-round ammunition procurement was reported by several news agencies. Forbes magazine in March raised questions about this huge ammo purchase, noting, “As reported elsewhere, some of this purchase order is for hollow-point rounds, forbidden by international law for use in war, along with a frightening amount specialized for snipers. Also reported elsewhere, at the height of the Iraq War the Army was expending less than 6 million rounds a month. Therefore 1.6 billion rounds would be enough to sustain a hot war for 20+ years.”

This story has been flying under the radar in most corners of the mainstream press, although CBS affiliates and the Washington Times have run stories about law enforcement ammunition shortages. Back on Feb. 15, the Associated Press reported specifically about the DHS ammunition purchase, and the Denver Post ran the story. However, on-line news has been discussing the issue for some time. It’s been reported at Natural News, The Leaf Chronicle, CNS News and other places.

While gun prohibitionists are fond of asking why anyone would need, say, a modern sporting rifle and magazines that hold more than ten rounds, or a semi-auto pistol that holds 15 or more cartridges, they have not questioned why DHS would need 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition.

“Spending money this way is beyond absurd well into perverse,” Forbes writer Ralph Benko observed. “According to the AP story a DHS spokesperson justifies this acquisition to “help the government get a low price for a big purchase.” Peggy Dixon, spokeswoman for the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center: “The training center and others like it run by the Homeland Security Department use as many as 15 million rounds every year, mostly on shooting ranges and in training exercises.

“At 15 million rounds (which, in itself, is pretty extraordinary and sounds more like fun target-shooting-at-taxpayer-expense than a sensible training exercise) … that’s a stockpile that would last DHS over a century,” Forbes added. “To claim that it’s to ‘get a low price’ for a ridiculously wasteful amount is an argument that could only fool a career civil servant.”

The ammunition purchase has raised enough eyebrows to make it a self-sustaining issue, but many in the firearms community are also wondering about other DHS purchases, including armored personnel carriers and portable bullet-resistant checkpoint structures.

An inquiry to the House Oversight Committee about the nature and depth of the Thursday hearing did not receive a response. A check with the committee’s website did not reveal any witness list

Control the ammo supply and the issue of controlling guns becomes moot.

As I said

I'm sure glad they don't shoot 7.62x54R!
    Guns.??? What Guns???

6. I couldn't understand a single word on those executive orders! But I've laid in a good supply of Bullets, Brass, powder and pimers...I will be taking out Zombies for a very long time! ;-)

Suspending all import ammo and guns.

7.62? there will be no more.

Quote Originally Posted by Koolbota View Post
    Suspending all import ammo and guns.

7.62? there will be no more.
    Not necessarily.

Why are you here?
    Aren't there some liberal forums you can post to?
    ...SCOTUS says we're right...You don't like it. I'm sorry you don't like it. I guess that's a problem for you. Some people don't like gays. Some don't like alcohol. Some don't like meat. ~michaelzwilliamson

Quote Originally Posted by Gallstones View Post
    Not necessarily.

Why are you here?
    Aren't there some liberal forums you can post to?

Most of you here, like yourself, are delusional.

Someone needs to be honest here.

I am no Leftie, by no means.

Life has changed, you are not yet aware of this fact.

I'm here to point to the obvious, that which is so obvious that you are blind to it.

Can anyone point to text in the EO related to the import of small arms ammunition for civilian usage? I can't find it.

Note to self: call stockbroker, increase position in Alcoa.
    Never argue with a red-haired witch. It wastes your breath and only delays the inevitable. --the collected sayings of Wiz Zumwalt

I call BS. Cousin just received case of IMI .223 imported.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast