Minnesota's Answer to Teacher Protection - Bulletproof Whiteboards.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Minnesota's Answer to Teacher Protection - Bulletproof Whiteboards....

1. I may see the reinforced door helping a few seconds on entry, but to have something distributed to the teachers not much larger than a big lunch tray? A total waste of taxpayer money, and a false sense of security for anyone holding one.

Armed guards? Where are they? Ahhh. I forgot. Our CIC doesn't think that is a good idea.

Maybe the teachers should instruct the students to throw their books, pencils, erasers, and notebooks at the shooter? Oh, wait...that would be an act of violence, prohibited by the school system.

If they installed an entire armored whiteboard to replace the existing whiteboard or chalkboard at the front of the class, at least then you'd have a somewhat fortified layer of protection along one wall when the drill comes in order for the sheep to bleat in a locked classroom. However, this is a scaled down model of a police officer's riot shield. Not to mention, the shooter can get through the locked door quite easily.

I could see the drill now...

Teacher... Now students I'm going to grab the bullet proof whiteboard. You all assemble behind me
    Johnny.... but Teacher, we can't all fit behind you... what should the rest of us do
    Teacher.... well Johnny, you will have to die.

Not only is it acceptance that they know another shooting is likely, its complete ignorance on how to stop it or at least lessen the damage. Let those teachers who can carry, carry. Let armed guards in the school. You fight a bad guy with a gun, by making sure there is a good guy with a gun. If you wish to impose some sort of training regimen for those that carry, so be it, but let them carry to protect themselves and the students.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Who do they think they're kidding!
    ...SCOTUS says we're right...You don't like it. I'm sorry you don't like it. I guess that's a problem for you. Some people don't like gays. Some don't like alcohol. Some don't like meat. ~michaelzwilliamson

ezkl2230 Guest
    THIS is the model the school district is actually buying for the teachers.

Minnesota's Answer to Teacher Protection - Bulletproof Whiteboards....-bulletproof-whiteboard.jpg

I merely included the photo of the peel and stick door white board to show that they also manufacture another product that might have the capability of keeping an attacker with a small caliber firearm out for a few seconds. The photo here demonstrates why I said that it MIGHT protect the teacher, but unless the teacher is willing and able to place him/herself between an attacker and the students, it would only provide protection for the teacher and leave the students completely vulnerable.

To ever think that your children would one day have to wear a bulletproof vest while to school is no longer an asinine thing to think about. And that the possibility of that happening could be right around the corner, sooner than we think.Michael Caballero’s new bulletproof children’s clothing line and school uniforms evoke thoughts of this not-too-distant future where parents will dress their kids in knife-resistant shirts and secure books in backpack shields.Caballero’s company has made these uniforms out of the same materials and technologies that are used to manufacture bulletproof vests. It’s not a full body suit, but it does protect a vital section of the human body.The idea for this line came to Caballero after several of the recent school shootings, and is aimed specifically at the American market. His confidence in the clothing’s effectiveness is astounding; in fact, he’s made a tradition of firing bullets at new factory employees wearing his designs.I hope that those employees that volunteer for Caballero’s target practice gets raises on the spot.

Should Bulletproof Book Bags and School Uniforms Be Accepted? This Company Hopes So. | TheUrbanTwist.com
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gejoslin View Post
    To ever think that your children would one day have to wear a bulletproof vest while to school is no longer an asinine thing to think about. And that the possibility of that happening could be right around the corner, sooner than we think.Michael Caballero’s new bulletproof children’s clothing line and school uniforms evoke thoughts of this not-too-distant future where parents will dress their kids in knife-resistant shirts and secure books in backpack shields.Caballero’s company has made these uniforms out of the same materials and technologies that are used to manufacture bulletproof vests. It’s not a full body suit, but it does protect a vital section of the human body.The idea for this line came to Caballero after several of the recent school shootings, and is aimed specifically at the American market. His confidence in the clothing’s effectiveness is astounding; in fact, he’s made a tradition of firing bullets at new factory employees wearing his designs.I hope that those employees that volunteer for Caballero’s target practice gets raises on the spot.

Should Bulletproof Book Bags and School Uniforms Be Accepted? This Company Hopes So. | TheUrbanTwist.com
    Yeah, this guy has been manufacturing bulletproof clothing for the rich and famous for a number of years now. He's from Colombia. The suit Obama wore for his last inauguration was made by this guy. He shoots every new employee as a test of their loyalty, and then again each year on the anniversary of their hire.

Minnesota's Answer to Teacher Protection - Bulletproof Whiteboards....

What happens when the next guy shoots their legs?
    Guns.??? What Guns???

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    Yes. I wonder what else they're buying.

Really GOOD INSURANCE?
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

Talking Not pro active enough.

Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    Rocori School District has purchased 200 of these 18"x20" shields at a cost of $300/ea. Made from 1/4" bulletproof material, they are fully functional white boards.

An interesting solution.

So at least the teachers might be safe in a mass shooting event.

Now, what about their students?

Bulletproof whiteboards installed in Minnesota school district | Fox News

The company also offers bulletproof clipboards ($109) and a bulletproof stick on door shield with window shield ($1,400) that is supposed to be capable of absorbing many magazines worth of rounds.

Attachment 9494

Hardwire LLC
    I think you will find that the intention of the product is to line the walls that are adjacent to hall ways and other rooms to lessen the penetration factor of rounds fired. If an active shooter can't get into a room then he may choose to shoot through the walls in hopes of doing random damage on his way to the next target down the hall.
    It isn't enough that we as a society are not more pro-active in protecting our youth, but teaching them through our own actions that is better to hide from our oppressors that to stand and fight them on the terms that they have chosen.
    I find to be UN-AMERICAN.
    Last edited by dogshawred; 04-26-2013 at 11:09 AM. Reason: wording
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallstones View Post

Who do they think they're kidding!
    Textbook armor is the way to go!

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/gener...ody-armor.html

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast