Minnesota's Answer to Teacher Protection - Bulletproof Whiteboards.... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Minnesota's Answer to Teacher Protection - Bulletproof Whiteboards....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dogshawred View Post
    Really GOOD INSURANCE?
    I was actually going to say that they were buying the jury.

ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by r1derbike View Post
    I may see the reinforced door helping a few seconds on entry, but to have something distributed to the teachers not much larger than a big lunch tray? A total waste of taxpayer money, and a false sense of security for anyone holding one.

Armed guards? Where are they? Ahhh. I forgot. Our CIC doesn't think that is a good idea.

Maybe the teachers should instruct the students to throw their books, pencils, erasers, and notebooks at the shooter? Oh, wait...that would be an act of violence, prohibited by the school system.
    Actually, throwing things at a shooter is completely in line with the guidance issued by the DHS last year for active shooter scenarios. As a last resort, they advise their officers to pick up things and throw them at the shooter in an effort to keep from being shot.

Personally, I think that's just going to really torque them off.

4. Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    Actually, throwing things at a shooter is completely in line with the guidance issued by the DHS last year for active shooter scenarios. As a last resort, they advise their officers to pick up things and throw them at the shooter in an effort to keep from being shot.

Personally, I think that's just going to really torque them off.
    Hmmm. Maybe the teachers would let each student have a half-dozen or so fair sized rocks at their desk, for just such purpose? I like the armed guard idea better, with rocks as backup.

ezkl2230 Guest
    For those who forgot about the DHS active shooter training, this is an excerpt from their educational poster. Take note of the advice in point 3:

Minnesota's Answer to Teacher Protection - Bulletproof Whiteboards....-dhs-active-shooter-poster.jpg

This training, BTW, was sent to ARMED AGENCIES UNDER THE DHS!!! A bunch of other partner agencies received it as well. Their advice? 1 - Run away. 2 - Cower in fear. 3 - DON'T SHOOT - THROW THINGS AT THEM INSTEAD! 4 - Call 911 and wait for local law enforcement to bail you out.

People with guns protect the president, members of Congress, celebrities, and banks. I firmly believe that children should be at least as well-protected as my money in the bank is.

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk HD
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

So if they hold this thing up in front of their upper torso why doesn't the bad guy shoot em' the foot, and if they crouch down behind it why doesn't the bad guy just walk around it! More useless crap trying to make the victims feel like someone cares! There really is no interest in protecting lives of children or anybody else. I am beginning to wonder if these folks trying to put this garbage forward are really that stupid. I am beginning to think they are...in which case I am really living in a cartoon....aren't I....hello....hellooooo...is anyone out there?

8. What about regular training with it, like a fire drill?

9. Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    Lets pretend I'm a school shooter and I'm not even that smart. Guess where I'm still gonna be smart enough to aim?

Anyone here ever been shot in the legs while holding something and remember if you managed to hang on to it or not?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123