Minnesota's Answer to Teacher Protection - Bulletproof Whiteboards....
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Minnesota's Answer to Teacher Protection - Bulletproof Whiteboards....

ezkl2230 Guest

Minnesota's Answer to Teacher Protection - Bulletproof Whiteboards....

Rocori School District has purchased 200 of these 18"x20" shields at a cost of $300/ea. Made from 1/4" bulletproof material, they are fully functional white boards.

An interesting solution.

So at least the teachers might be safe in a mass shooting event.

Now, what about their students?

Bulletproof whiteboards installed in Minnesota school district | Fox News

The company also offers bulletproof clipboards ($109) and a bulletproof stick on door shield with window shield ($1,400) that is supposed to be capable of absorbing many magazines worth of rounds.

Minnesota's Answer to Teacher Protection - Bulletproof Whiteboards....-peel-n-stick-door.png

Hardwire LLC

3. The white board may be used for instruction? The teacher may write on it as an instruction board?

Am I wrong to assume that these boards will only be issued to teachers?

They are so small, a determined, crazed, gun free zone mass murderer will just shoot at exposed areas!

Where are the armed guards?

Throw-out the baby and keep the bath water? This seems an incredibly ignorant and selfish (protect teachers, not students) non-solution. I'm appalled.

If someone may explain how these boards are going save students' lives, I'll retract my skepticism. I'm in a state of shock and disbelief! This shows that school district cares more about the lives of their teachers, than their students.

It's only for show that they did something because they "Care for the Children"!!!!!!!!!!

5. Just guaranteeing that the next attack will be with one of those so called assault weapons... I don't think their 1/4" thick bulletproof shield is going to do anything against a rifle... Also, I'm guessing they will not be reinforcing the walls? If the first few rounds don't go through the door what happens when they start shooting through the drywall next to it?

Oh I know, lets just issue every student a full suit of Lvl 5 body armor when they come to class, but definitely, definitely don't let there be anyone armed nearby to deal with a threat.

FNWylde Guest
    The whiteboard solution might be the stoopidest thing to make the non-thinkers feel good that I have seen yet.

Blog Entries
    I'd like to see any man get that off the wall and protect his students in an AMBUSH. Especially after the union janitor figures, "aaahhhh screw it, i'm in a union" and bolts it directly to the wall.

From what I can see the door shield goes on the inside. How is that going to keep someone from blowing the lock off to open the door, assuming the teacher keeps their head enough to even remember to lock the door.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HoJo View Post
    From what I can see the door shield goes on the inside. How is that going to keep someone from blowing the lock off to open the door, assuming the teacher keeps their head enough to even remember to lock the door.
    Don't forget the window hole! That velcro or button or whatever is pretty much an aesthetic choice considering the energy a bullet carries.

Buying these Whiteboards is an acceptance that there will be another shooting--isn't it?
    ...SCOTUS says we're right...You don't like it. I'm sorry you don't like it. I guess that's a problem for you. Some people don't like gays. Some don't like alcohol. Some don't like meat. ~michaelzwilliamson

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallstones View Post
    Buying these Whiteboards is an acceptance that there will be another shooting--isn't it?
    Yes. I wonder what else they're buying.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast