A Very Good "Must Read" from a Leftist Gunowner - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A Very Good "Must Read" from a Leftist Gunowner

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by r1derbike View Post
    Blues, I'm glad you posted your reply to the article I linked. Killing the messenger was a humorous barb at you turning the link I posted into a tome of anti-abortion, anti-left spewing.
    Hmm...."humorous barb at me" for saying what I thought about the piece, when I took zero barbs at you? I found no humor in it at all, nor did I take it as a barb, I simply asked you how it applied to anything I said.

Otherwise, guess what? I am anti-abortion and I am anti-left. Apparently you have no idea what that leftist hack was trying to accomplish. He was trying to teach his ideological contemporaries how to be more stealthy in their pushing leftist ideals, including gun control. What you call "spewing," I call exposing his duplicity for what it is. He's no ally to gun owners. He wants progressives in power in every branch and every level of government. He stated his purpose. You obviously missed it, as your only replies to my recognition of it has been to get all defensive and start taking barbs at me. For what? Because I'm 100% honest about what I stand for, while that leftist hack is using stealth, duplicitous rationales to defeat everything I stand for? "Spewing" indeed.

Your parsing and tit-for-tatting of words (you said this, I'm saying that)
    Good grief. That's called responding to what you said. It's called "discussion," which one might expect on a "discussion" forum! Unwad your panties, man. There is not one word that I've said about that piece that isn't a 100% valid way to view it. You have no valid reason to take my criticisms of that author so personally.

....rebuttals do nothing to advance what the OP was about...
    I have seen no evidence at all that you have a freakin' clue what the link in your OP was all about. Do you think that his take on the "guidelines" that vary so widely from state-to-state that there is no connection between it and the original, true meaning of the 2nd Amendment makes him an "ally" in helping to restore, preserve and/or protect the 2A for all citizens? Is it his attempt to teach other leftists how best to get around the constitutionally-adherent arguments that principled, logical gun owners put forth that makes you view him as an ally? BTW, those are questions, not a "rebuttal" of anything you've said. It's only a heartfelt repudiation and rebuke of the hack's leftist ideology.

....so at this point, I'm done with our discussion about it. Carry on.
    So, if you expect everyone to agree with your take on a given article or opinion-piece, why even post it on a discussion forum? I was indignant and critical of what the author said, not what you said, so I have no idea why you would bail on a thread that you started ostensibly to have people discuss. Up to you, but I will still answer as I understand that a *discussion* is a give-and-take proposition.

I don't remember when I've posted something to show common ground between gun owners, turn into such an anti-left ballgame; I passed the ball, it was caught, and run out of the stadium with the wrong message intended attached to it.
    1) As I have tried to say from the very beginning, I found no common ground with that leftist hack, and believe sincerely that he was not trying to find common ground with people who believe as I do about many subjects, including, but not limited to, abortion and adherence to an originalist view of the Constitution.

2) Nothing I said was intended to be part of a game, anti-left or otherwise.

3) You fumbled the ball by not even recognizing what the goal of the author is, which is to teach leftists how to be better and more successful(!!) leftists, not to convince right-thinking people how much commonality we share between us.

4) You didn't "pass a ball," you posted a link on a discussion forum where it was duly discussed.

5) I didn't "catch" a ball, I replied to your topic, stayed completely on-topic in direct reply to what I found at the link you opened the discussion with. Pretty much standard, expected decorum on most internet forums.

6) If starting threads is a game to you, where you decide who the winner is before anyone takes the field, and the opposing team must suffer your barbs simply because they actually play to win, you're doing this wrong.

7) Are you new?

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

So how does if feel Blues, to be on the receiving end of the **** flinging?

It Is Appointed Onto Man Once To Die, And After That To Face Judgement

This from a man that cares so much for the safety of "the children". Well at least the ones lucky enough to escape the abortion executioner.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

I'm a liberal left wing gun addict democrat who proudly voted for Obama a second time. Also pro abortion - we're already overpopulated enough and if some of these nutso shooters had been aborted there'd be more folks alive today. You don't have to be a right wing conservative to honor the second amendment to the Constitution. Seems like the second amendment would be a lot safer if it had support from across the political spectrum and the right wing folks didn't claim it as their own and reject support from people with differing political view points.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverkilt View Post
    I'm a liberal left wing gun addict democrat who proudly voted for Obama a second time. Also pro abortion - we're already overpopulated enough and if some of these nutso shooters had been aborted there'd be more folks alive today. You don't have to be a right wing conservative to honor the second amendment to the Constitution. Seems like the second amendment would be a lot safer if it had support from across the political spectrum and the right wing folks didn't claim it as their own and reject support from people with differing political view points.

I'm a firm believer in retroactive abortions.

You are the enemy.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Otherwise, guess what? I am anti-abortion and I am anti-left. Apparently you have no idea what that leftist hack was trying to accomplish. He was trying to teach his ideological contemporaries how to be more stealthy in their pushing leftist ideals, including gun control.... He's no ally to gun owners. He wants progressives in power in every branch and every level of government. He stated his purpose. ...I'm 100% honest about what I stand for, while that leftist hack is using stealth, duplicitous rationales to defeat everything I stand for....
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverkilt View Post
    I rest my case.

Thanks for condensing that leftist hack's loquacious prattle down to a concise synopsis of what he was saying, Riverkilt.

Just another proud liberal baby-killer-supporter with no shame. Our resident eugenicist. I guess because he claims to be a "gun addict" we should make him as welcome as any sane person who joins this site, eh? Not me.

Still a "must read" r1derbike, or has our resident Nazi helped you understand that what I was saying is true?

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

You guys are NOT friendly.....was not America founded on the FREEDOM to espouse different points of view? Jeez Louise....if you think anyone who doesn't believe exactly as you do is your enemy you're gonna be very lonely. Its them dictatorships we've fought over the years that want everyone to believe the same. You far right wingers are as scary to me as I seem to be to you. My political viewpoints are hard won and moved from John Birch in my youth to liberal today.

10. Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    I rest my case.

Thanks for condensing that leftist hack's loquacious prattle down to a concise synopsis of what he was saying, Riverkilt.

Just another proud liberal baby-killer-supporter with no shame. Our resident eugenicist. I guess because he claims to be a "gun addict" we should make him as welcome as any sane person who joins this site, eh? Not me.

Still a "must read" r1derbike, or has our resident Nazi helped you understand that what I was saying is true?

Blues
    Prattle on, if you must Blues. I'm finished with the thread because of knee-jerk reaction, bellicose bravado, and grandstanding, capiche?

That was worth reading.
    Knarren und Zigarren!!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast