A Very Good "Must Read" from a Leftist Gunowner - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A Very Good "Must Read" from a Leftist Gunowner

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverkilt View Post
    I'm a liberal left wing gun addict democrat who proudly voted for Obama a second time. Also pro abortion - we're already overpopulated enough and if some of these nutso shooters had been aborted there'd be more folks alive today. You don't have to be a right wing conservative to honor the second amendment to the Constitution. Seems like the second amendment would be a lot safer if it had support from across the political spectrum and the right wing folks didn't claim it as their own and reject support from people with differing political view points.
    Pro abortion huh? And yet there you are calling returning soldiers "baby killers". I blame you for that battery charge I got in 2008. Don't regret it. **** talk a soldier who nearly died AND lost friends fighting for your freedom, you ARE the enemy. Koolbota posted the link to your buddies. Feel free to leave and chat with the other hypocrites at that forum.

I'm a liberal left wing gun addict democrat who proudly voted for Obama a second time. Also pro abortion - we're already overpopulated enough and if some of these nutso shooters had been aborted there'd be more folks alive today. You don't have to be a right wing conservative to honor the second amendment to the Constitution. Seems like the second amendment would be a lot safer if it had support from across the political spectrum and the right wing folks didn't claim it as their own and reject support from people with differing political view points.
    So are you for reducing the population or against it. You contradict yourself in the same sentence. Also pro abortion - we're already overpopulated enough and if some of these nutso shooters had been aborted there'd be more folks alive today.

So your answer to what you conceive as the world's overpopulation is to kill any human being before it is born, but then again if you had then those "nutsos" wouldn't have been alive to kill those other people, but then you change face again and said then there'd be more folk alive????? WTF??

Do you have the ability to have a cognitive thought that makes any sense whatsoever? You're probably in Filthadephia right now supporting Dr. Gosnell aren't you?

The 2nd Amendment should have support from across the political spectrum. It's a right guaranteed by our Creator who gave us life. But since most democrats have such a strong disregard for life as is demonstrated by their immoral cheering for the killing of babies in utero, they don't seem to understand the concept of a right given to us by a Creator. Why is it that we live in a society where it seems to be socially acceptable, nay encouraged to kill human babies in the womb, but this same society has made it a crime to do the same to cows? This is how veal used to be harvested, but the FDA made it illegal. Therefore, we can abort our humans, just not our cows... it's too inhumane.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

You guys are NOT friendly.....was not America founded on the FREEDOM to espouse different points of view? Jeez Louise....if you think anyone who doesn't believe exactly as you do is your enemy you're gonna be very lonely. Its them dictatorships we've fought over the years that want everyone to believe the same. You far right wingers are as scary to me as I seem to be to you. My political viewpoints are hard won and moved from John Birch in my youth to liberal today.
    The difference is we believe that ALL life has rights. When that baby's heartbeat is stopped, it's because someone killed it voluntarily; in other words, it was murdered. At what point do we ask the baby whether it wants to live or die?

The over 55 million abortions that have occurred have been for convenience's sake. I challenge you to come up with numbers that express how many of these abortions were to protect the mother's life.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by buckey01 View Post
    We can thank the liberal gun owners for a second Obama term. .
    We have a lot of gun owners to thank for a second Obama term. Many stayed home.
    Like it or not if you have a hidden want to own a gun, that decision hidden in the deep recesses of your id, ego and alter ego has become political. It always was political.
    Many gun owners didn't realize it until 2013 and many don't yet realize it because they walk around life with ear buds in listening to their personally designed play list.
    Go to a Gun rights meeting and what do you find.
    20 to 30 year olds maybe 2
    30 to 40 year olds none
    40 to 50 year olds 20% of the crowd
    50 and above all the rest and most of those are over 60.

We are doomed and the progressives know it. They knew that if Obama was re-elected they would have to go ALL IN! They didn't waste any time and they aren't done yet.

ps. If you live in a Blue State, you have a large megatropoilis in your state that ACORN using Federal Grant money, is it present, under different names now. And your state considers showing a ID at the polls as discrimination. (unregistered and illegals have a right to vote damn it)
    Tolerance of the intolerant leads to the destruction of tolerance. “You are also reminded that any inappropriate remarks or jokes concerning security may result in your arrest,” in the land of the free.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by r1derbike View Post
    Prattle on, if you must Blues. I'm finished with the thread because of knee-jerk reaction, bellicose bravado, and grandstanding, capiche?
    No, I don't capiche at all. The guy you posted a link to claimed his personal devastation over his state's new restrictions on abortion. He did that as a way to establish his "far left" (his words, not mine) bonafides to the audience he was trying to reach. HE brought up the abortion issue, not me. Yet here you are implying that my other-than-surface deep analysis of his piece is a knee-jerk reaction, that my pro-life stance is "bellicose bravado and grandstanding." Then comes along another genocidal maniac who claims to be pro-2nd Amendment, but states unequivocally that abortion should be used for population control, and here you are again bustin' my chops for exposing his deviant and evil agenda. So no, I don't capiche at all. I have stuck to the topic(s) laid out within the article you linked to like glue. I have made not one single personal criticism of you, only of the piece you said was a "A Very Good 'Must Read'" article. I did exactly what you asked, I read it and I discussed it. You have bailed and gone out of your way to insult me because I didn't allow you to limit my opinion of the piece to one narrow subject that the author did not likewise limit his opinions to!

Get this: The party of the left is anti-gun, anti-2nd Amendment, anti-freedom, and anti-life. That is the truth whether you wish to name the truth or run from it as you are doing now. If there is a minuscule minority among that party of people like your "must read" author and our resident eugenicist Riverkilt who loudly and proudly proclaim that they support gun rights, but also support leftist ideals and candidates, a complete and total oxymoron by the way, that minority doesn't change the truth about the party they support.

So either run away whining because I've forced you to face the truth, or come back and discuss your "must read" link with a modicum of intellectual honesty. Doesn't matter to me, but understand, running from the truth is the only knee-jerk reaction I've seen in this thread. It is indeed a bellicose reality that people so fear truth that they refuse to expose themselves to it. Capiche?

Blues

ETA:

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    And by the way, thanks for the advice on posting my reply on his site. Immediately after hitting "Post Reply" here, I did exactly what you suggested (without needing any advice from anyone), and as you can see, the post is still "Awaiting moderation" some five or six hours after I posted it.....

Any bets on whether that post will pass moderation?
    Here's a surprise - It's still "awaiting moderation" after two full days. Apparently your "must read" author can't face honest discussion of his views anymore than you can r1derbike.
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

You guys are NOT friendly.....was not America founded on the FREEDOM to espouse different points of view? Jeez Louise....if you think anyone who doesn't believe exactly as you do is your enemy you're gonna be very lonely. Its them dictatorships we've fought over the years that want everyone to believe the same. You far right wingers are as scary to me as I seem to be to you. My political viewpoints are hard won and moved from John Birch in my youth to liberal today.
    The John Birchers weren't "radical" enough for you huh. Its really "radical" to want liberty huh? Those crazy John Birch Society nuts trying to expose a one world, technocratic government...... I suppose you found something more that you like with the Weathermen? Do you know how the Weathermen talked about rounding up consertive, libertarians, Rightwing type people to put them in re-ecucation camps? They ran into logistical problems however when they decided that 10s of millions of people would not go along with it and would have to be ummmm neutralized. Look, Thomas Jefferson was a liberal. The term has changed meaning to now encompas everything "collectivest". I am sick of people associating pro abortion with being liberal. You people are not liberal.... Your ideas are based on Malthusian ideology. And you think we are overpopulated? What about the elite creating artifical scarcity? You people who think you are liberal but are actually Collectivest, authoritarian Malthus followers and do not even know it are completely short sighted and ignorant.

8. Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    No, I don't capiche at all. The guy you posted a link to claimed his personal devastation over his state's new restrictions on abortion. He did that as a way to establish his "far left" (his words, not mine) bonafides to the audience he was trying to reach. HE brought up the abortion issue, not me. Yet here you are implying that my other-than-surface deep analysis of his piece is a knee-jerk reaction, that my pro-life stance is "bellicose bravado and grandstanding." Then comes along another genocidal maniac who claims to be pro-2nd Amendment, but states unequivocally that abortion should be used for population control, and here you are again bustin' my chops for exposing his deviant and evil agenda. So no, I don't capiche at all. I have stuck to the topic(s) laid out within the article you linked to like glue. I have made not one single personal criticism of you, only of the piece you said was a "A Very Good 'Must Read'" article. I did exactly what you asked, I read it and I discussed it. You have bailed and gone out of your way to insult me because I didn't allow you to limit my opinion of the piece to one narrow subject that the author did not likewise limit his opinions to!

Get this: The party of the left is anti-gun, anti-2nd Amendment, anti-freedom, and anti-life. That is the truth whether you wish to name the truth or run from it as you are doing now. If there is a minuscule minority among that party of people like your "must read" author and our resident eugenicist Riverkilt who loudly and proudly proclaim that they support gun rights, but also support leftist ideals and candidates, a complete and total oxymoron by the way, that minority doesn't change the truth about the party they support.

So either run away whining because I've forced you to face the truth, or come back and discuss your "must read" link with a modicum of intellectual honesty. Doesn't matter to me, but understand, running from the truth is the only knee-jerk reaction I've seen in this thread. It is indeed a bellicose reality that people so fear truth that they refuse to expose themselves to it. Capiche?

Blues

ETA:

Here's a surprise - It's still "awaiting moderation" after two full days. Apparently your "must read" author can't face honest discussion of his views anymore than you can r1derbike.
    Sorry you feel so slapped-around Blues. You might as well be talking to a brick wall. I've already given my stand on abortion earlier in the thread, in case you missed it. Continue preaching to the choir.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by r1derbike View Post
    Sorry you feel so slapped-around Blues. You might as well be talking to a brick wall. I've already given my stand on abortion earlier in the thread, in case you missed it. Continue preaching to the choir.
    Yes, you did say you "abhor" abortion, just a sentence or two before you called my stated abhorrence of it a "tirade."

In that same post you said, "You are correct that the article was linked to show that at least one leftist shares gun views that we on the right do...."

I addressed that quote, and subsequent statements of a similar thought, at least as much as I've addressed the author's broaching of the subject of abortion, umm....in case you missed that. In fact, I addressed that from the very first mention of his supposed pro-2A "support" by pointing out his view that 50 different states having 50 different sets of laws that he referred to as nothing more than "reasonable guidelines" is anything but a view that "we on the right" share with anybody, leftist or otherwise. The 2A applies to us all, no matter which state we reside in, no matter which party we choose to affiliate ourselves with, and no matter how wrong that hack was in calling laws that not only can, but have allowed individual jurisdictions to make felons out of gun owners over just innocuous "reasonable guidelines" was.

I correctly identified his intended audience not to be "we on the right," but rather, his leftist contemporaries who he was attempting to teach how to be better leftists. He didn't try to convince them to drop their insipid, wrong-headed opposition to the 2A, he only tried to point out the fallacies of the arguments they consistently get caught disingenuously promulgating.

You bragging that I'm "talking to a brick wall" just confirms what I said, you don't like the truth, you can't handle the truth, so you put your hands over your ears and scream "LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA" like some Saturday Night Live skit until someone stops speaking the truth right out in the open. The nerve of me to speak the truth after you've already said you're done, huh? You keep saying you're done, but then come back just to say you're done again! That's why I asked, "Are you new?" Because you obviously have no clue how to discuss a topic that you yourself posted up to be discussed on a discussion forum.

You said at one point that "rebuttals do nothing to advance what the OP was about..."

Here is all I or anyone else had to go on as far as "what the OP was all about:"

A Very Good "Must Read" from a Leftist Gunowner

Dear Gun Control Democrats: 6 Ways to Make a Better Argument | Kontradictions

That's it. No commentary at all from you, so the only thing "the OP was all about" was here, read this then discuss if you'd like to. So I discussed, you got your panties in a bunch, and here we are where it's now your turn to say for the third or fourth time that you are done, you refuse to discuss any of the valid criticisms I have raised about the piece, or provide counter-point if you think my criticisms are invalid.

If your "must read" author is a gun supporter, then this guy is a big-time golf-supporter:

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    If your "must read" author is a gun supporter, then this guy is a big-time golf-supporter:

Blues
    Now that is funny. I don't care who you are. That is funny.
    Tolerance of the intolerant leads to the destruction of tolerance. “You are also reminded that any inappropriate remarks or jokes concerning security may result in your arrest,” in the land of the free.

11. Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Yes, you did say you "abhor" abortion, just a sentence or two before you called my stated abhorrence of it a "tirade."

In that same post you said, "You are correct that the article was linked to show that at least one leftist shares gun views that we on the right do...."

I addressed that quote, and subsequent statements of a similar thought, at least as much as I've addressed the author's broaching of the subject of abortion, umm....in case you missed that. In fact, I addressed that from the very first mention of his supposed pro-2A "support" by pointing out his view that 50 different states having 50 different sets of laws that he referred to as nothing more than "reasonable guidelines" is anything but a view that "we on the right" share with anybody, leftist or otherwise. The 2A applies to us all, no matter which state we reside in, no matter which party we choose to affiliate ourselves with, and no matter how wrong that hack was in calling laws that not only can, but have allowed individual jurisdictions to make felons out of gun owners over just innocuous "reasonable guidelines" was.

I correctly identified his intended audience not to be "we on the right," but rather, his leftist contemporaries who he was attempting to teach how to be better leftists. He didn't try to convince them to drop their insipid, wrong-headed opposition to the 2A, he only tried to point out the fallacies of the arguments they consistently get caught disingenuously promulgating.

You bragging that I'm "talking to a brick wall" just confirms what I said, you don't like the truth, you can't handle the truth, so you put your hands over your ears and scream "LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA" like some Saturday Night Live skit until someone stops speaking the truth right out in the open. The nerve of me to speak the truth after you've already said you're done, huh? You keep saying you're done, but then come back just to say you're done again! That's why I asked, "Are you new?" Because you obviously have no clue how to discuss a topic that you yourself posted up to be discussed on a discussion forum.

You said at one point that "rebuttals do nothing to advance what the OP was about..."

Here is all I or anyone else had to go on as far as "what the OP was all about:"

A Very Good "Must Read" from a Leftist Gunowner

Dear Gun Control Democrats: 6 Ways to Make a Better Argument | Kontradictions

That's it. No commentary at all from you, so the only thing "the OP was all about" was here, read this then discuss if you'd like to. So I discussed, you got your panties in a bunch, and here we are where it's now your turn to say for the third or fourth time that you are done, you refuse to discuss any of the valid criticisms I have raised about the piece, or provide counter-point if you think my criticisms are invalid.

Blues
    Heh-heh. Blues, you may certainly turn a mole hill into a mountain, at the least humorous provocation. There is no discussion from me. The link was given to show a leftist gun owner's thoughts about guns. You and others have turned it into an anti-abortion, leftist slamfest. Your prerogative. Rant, rave, act like an elementary school student with some of your replies, do whatever you want. I have no interest discussing it, whether you find that personally acceptable or not. Drink a cool one. Chill out. Find another fish to reel-in.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast