finally did it...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: finally did it...

1. finally did it...

I finally broke down and bought a 1911. Something i've wanted since i was knee high to a grasshopper. A rock island armory tactical with rubberized black grips. Now to get used to the whole "cocked and locked" thing. :p

3. You will really enjoy the new 1911 I have loved shooting them for years. Last year I traded off my Kimbers for two new 1911 Colts.

4. finally did it...

Oh, im definitely enjoying it. Experimenting with a "sticky holster" after the fobus i purchased took off some of the parkerized finish >:(

Congrats, love my 1911s. Nothing says American like the big bore .45 1911.
    Jason Le˛dhas

Blog Entries
    Congrats on the new purchase....I too love the 1911's, have a S&W and a Kimber both (.45) The Smith is very accurate the Kimber is almost dead nutts, even with my old eyes eyes. Purchasing a Colt is one of a few on my agenda for purchases next year, just got to figure out a way to sneak it out of the wife's grocery money. Keep us posted on how yours performs. Enjoy and happy shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Amsden View Post
    Congrats on the new purchase....I too love the 1911's, have a S&W and a Kimber both (.45) The Smith is very accurate the Kimber is almost dead nutts, even with my old eyes eyes. Purchasing a Colt is one of a few on my agenda for purchases next year, just got to figure out a way to sneak it out of the wife's grocery money. Keep us posted on how yours performs. Enjoy and happy shooting.
    I have Colts and 2 out of 3 will never be shot by me. But I have others to shoot including a RIA. The OP should see his gun serve him well.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

A 1911 was the first .45 that I bought long ago. Still have it, still love it. However I also have a S & W 4506 and a Glock 21 SF. Love them too!

Such a sexy design, a great trigger pull, and a great caliber. Post some pics of your target when you're able to take it to the range.

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk HD
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

10. finally did it...

Went out shooting today. Blew up some gallons of water and experimented with tannerite a little. Performs like a DREAM. The wife even shot it aaaand shot it...aaaand shot it some more. No malfunctions shooting 230gr aguila ammo. I never thought to take a picture of the targets because..well.. There wasnt much "target" left. I would LOVE some more range time with it soon but ammo is few and far between
    Attached Images Attached Images finally did it...-guns.jpg finally did it...-image.jpg 

Quote Originally Posted by tranktn View Post
    Went out shooting today. Blew up some gallons of water and experimented with tannerite a little. Performs like a DREAM. The wife even shot it aaaand shot it...aaaand shot it some more. No malfunctions shooting 230gr aguila ammo. I never thought to take a picture of the targets because..well.. There wasnt much "target" left. I would LOVE some more range time with it soon but ammo is few and far between
    How'd you set off tannerite with a .45?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast