Disappointed in Cabelas - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Disappointed in Cabelas

Most people would be too stupid to notice. Go return it

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=dogshawred;432194]
    Quote Originally Posted by rifleshooter474 View Post
    Like every item of clothing the large chains sell, your shirt was designed and Mfg. far far away from the USA. The people making it just looked at a picture of our American flag and guessed at the number of stripes and stars needed. Oh well how many Americans know the correct number or even care?[/QUOTE]

That much is such a mouth full I am surprised you didn't choke on it.
    There in lies some of the problems with our great country.
    But I suggest that what we teach our young must start at home and must start with the basics and knowing about our flag and its history is the beginning of all basics for a patriot.
    True. But he's right. I don't know if it was intentional or not but it sounds like you are shooting the messenger.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

4. I already put it on their Facebook wall and will write and/or call corporate this well. I live in NY and was in PA for the cigar festival, so won't be brining out back to the store. Hopefully once i complain they will just refund my money

5. The First Rule of Flag Etiquette (for me anyway) is that our flag should not be clothing or decoration. I will not buy any clothing decorated with representations of The American Flag. After 9/11 there was a sudden upsurge in the display of things red, white and blue, as if that in itself indicated patriotism. I have noticed at the same time a great deal of (probably unintentional) disrespect to the symbol of our country. Since Patriotism begins with proper respect for our symbols,

Don't buy or wear clothing decorated with American Flags.
    Display Flags at home in the proper manner. (lowered at night or properly lit, and in good condition)
    Display flags on your car properly. (The proper way to fly a flag is from a sturdy rod attached to the right front corner of the car. The plastic rods that clamp in the window eventually break and the flag ends up in the gutter. No widow decals. Bumper stickers are OK.

These are not my rules, there are more. try Googling "Proper display of the flag". Patriotism is in your heart, not on your clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamguy9 View Post
    The First Rule of Flag Etiquette (for me anyway) is that our flag should not be clothing or decoration. I will not buy any clothing decorated with representations of The American Flag. After 9/11 there was a sudden upsurge in the display of things red, white and blue, as if that in itself indicated patriotism. I have noticed at the same time a great deal of (probably unintentional) disrespect to the symbol of our country. Since Patriotism begins with proper respect for our symbols,

Display Flags at home in the proper manner. (lowered at night or properly lit, and in good condition)
    Display flags on your car properly. (The proper way to fly a flag is from a sturdy rod attached to the right front corner of the car. The plastic rods that clamp in the window eventually break and the flag ends up in the gutter. No widow decals. Bumper stickers are OK.

These are not my rules, there are more. try Googling "Proper display of the flag". Patriotism is in your heart, not on your clothes.

The aesthetics of the design please me, so I will wear it and utilyze it in non-banner manner.

Patriotism isn't contained in a swatch of fabric, or a sticky backed paper either. It can't be injured if the swatch or paper are ruined or soiled.
    ...SCOTUS says we're right...You don't like it. I'm sorry you don't like it. I guess that's a problem for you. Some people don't like gays. Some don't like alcohol. Some don't like meat. ~michaelzwilliamson

Patriotism is in your heart, not on your clothes.
    If patriotism is truly in the heart, it shouldn't matter if it's a flag, properly flown flag, shirt, hat, patch, badge, pin, decal, sticker, or whatever.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

The First Rule of Flag Etiquette (for me anyway) is that our flag should not be clothing or decoration. I will not buy any clothing decorated with representations of The American Flag. After 9/11 there was a sudden upsurge in the display of things red, white and blue, as if that in itself indicated patriotism. I have noticed at the same time a great deal of (probably unintentional) disrespect to the symbol of our country. Since Patriotism begins with proper respect for our symbols,

I like the thought, but the Flag has now been made part of the Standard issue Army Fatigue hasn't it? Hope those have the right number of Stars and Stripes.

Also, Always thought Flags should be made of a Non flammable material so jack asses in other places could not desecrate it. Sure we burn the flags to put them to their final rest and this would insure they were properly incinerated.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by www315 View Post
    Im thoroughly disappointed with Cabelas. I was in their Hamburg, PA store for the first time and bought a Cabelas shirt with the American flag on it and the Declaration of Independence. Upon putting on the shirt I realized there were 14 stripes and 54 stars. Guess that was a waste of money.
    Technically you are not supposed to wear the American flag as clothing. Perhaps this is their way of following flag etiquette/
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

Wow. Just plain wow.

Here's the shirt. I can't believe that Cabela's management would let this go on the market.
    Cabela's: Cabela's Americana Series Short-Sleeve Tee Shirt
    Strong letter to them on the way.
    Never argue with a red-haired witch. It wastes your breath and only delays the inevitable. --the collected sayings of Wiz Zumwalt

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer1113 View Post

I like the thought, but the Flag has now been made part of the Standard issue Army Fatigue hasn't it? Hope those have the right number of Stars and Stripes.

Also, Always thought Flags should be made of a Non flammable material so jack asses in other places could not desecrate it. Sure we burn the flags to put them to their final rest and this would insure they were properly incinerated.
    Yes it has, it looks ridiculous lol. They intentionally made it backwards so looks like its blowing in the wind as they "run forward" (worn on the right sleeve.) I always give em crap for it. Especially since the only place they ever run is to the chow hall. Lol.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast