Poor NJ citizens - Page 10
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Poor NJ citizens

I wouldn't live there, but I enjoy visiting family there. I enjoy the Jersey Shore but my brand new home, is one third the cost of my in-laws home and his is at least 25 years old, but hes two blocks from the beach
    (I'm 60 miles from the Texas Gulf and that suits me fine)
    Sent from my SGH-M919 using USA Carry mobile app

Well sorry to burst some bubbles but Dum Dum ammo is most certainly legal in the state of new jersey. That is if we are speaking about the real Dum Dum ammo.
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by sgtbill View Post
    Well sorry to burst some bubbles but Dum Dum ammo is most certainly legal in the state of new jersey. That is if we are speaking about the real Dum Dum ammo.
    Bill
    here's the scoop, HOLLOW POINT AMMUNITION CANNOT BE CARRIED IN ANY GUN IN NJ EXCEPT IN YOUR HOME OR ON A RANGE.
    anything else is BS.

Well I hate to burst your bubble but the only ammo that is not permissible in N.J. is SOFT POINT, HOLLOW POINT, ARMOUR. PENATRATING OR ANY TYPE OF EXPANDING AMMO. The last time I checked DUM DUM ammo was made at the DUM DUM ARSENAL IN INDIA FOR THE BRITISH ARMY to BE SHOT IN THEIR .303 BOLT ACTION RIFLES and THEIR BELT FED MACHINE GUN"S.

A word of note would be that they were SOLID PROJECTILE ammunition.
    Bill

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Well I hate to burst your bubble but the only ammo that is not permissible in N.J. is SOFT POINT, HOLLOW POINT, ARMOUR. PENATRATING OR ANY TYPE OF EXPANDING AMMO. The last time I checked DUM DUM ammo was made at the DUM DUM ARSENAL IN INDIA FOR THE BRITISH ARMY to BE SHOT IN THEIR .303 BOLT ACTION RIFLES and THEIR BELT FED MACHINE GUN"S.

A word of note would be that they were SOLID PROJECTILE ammunition.
    Bill
    Hi Bill....The only reason "dum-dum" ammo was brought up was because it was specifically mentioned as being prohibited outside of one's home in the code section covering what kinds of ammo are permitted. You may know something about that type of ammo that the legislators who wrote the code don't know, but it's in there nonetheless. Sounds to me that dum-dum ammo is indeed prohibited except as-noted in the section that PMB1013 cited below:

Quote Originally Posted by PMB1013 View Post
    As to the info about HP Ammo in NJ it is not illegal to own it.

Subsection F.
    f. Dum-dum or body armor penetrating bullets. (1) Any person, other than a law enforcement officer or persons engaged in activities pursuant to subsection f. of N.J.S.2C:39-6, who knowingly has in his possession any hollow nose or dum-dum bullet, or (2) any person, other than a collector of firearms or ammunition as curios or relics as defined in Title 18, United States Code, section 921 (a) (13) and has in his possession a valid Collector of Curios and Relics License issued by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, who knowingly has in his possession any body armor breaching or penetrating ammunition, which means: (a) ammunition primarily designed for use in a handgun, and (b) which is comprised of a bullet whose core or jacket, if the jacket is thicker than.025 of an inch, is made of tungsten carbide, or hard bronze, or other material which is harder than a rating of 72 or greater on the Rockwell B. Hardness Scale, and (c) is therefore capable of breaching or penetrating body armor, is guilty of a crime of the fourth degree. For purposes of this section, a collector may possess not more than three examples of each distinctive variation of the ammunition described above. A distinctive variation includes a different head stamp, composition, design, or color.

Exceptions

(2) a. Nothing in subsection f. (1) shall be construed to prevent a person from keeping such ammunition at his dwelling, premises or other land owned or possessed by him, or from carrying such ammunition from the place of purchase to said dwelling or land, nor shall subsection f. (1) be construed to prevent any licensed retail or wholesale firearms dealer from possessing such ammunition at its licensed premises, provided that the seller of any such ammunition shall maintain a record of the name, age and place of residence of any purchaser who is not a licensed dealer, together with the date of sale and quantity of ammunition sold.
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Well The last time I checked DUM DUM ammo was made at the DUM DUM ARSENAL IN INDIA FOR THE BRITISH ARMY to BE SHOT IN THEIR .303 BOLT ACTION RIFLES and THEIR BELT FED MACHINE GUN"S.
    It was also a colloquial term used for any AP ammo. I forget the movie (might have been one of the Lethal Weapon or Beverly Hills Cop movies), but in the '80s the term was used and the liberals latched on to it and also referred to "dum-dum" rounds as "cop-killers". So while it was initially rounds from that armory, then became slang for all expanding (HP) bullets, the Libs twisted it to meet their agenda because it sounds like they know what they are talking about. Sound familiar? Buy any "Assault Weapons" with high capacity "Clips" lately?
    Chief

Will it is apparent that the idiot's in N.J. have taken it upon themselves to change the meaning of Dumb Dumb again to fit their agenda. In September of 1979 I went through a 2-C class given by the Attorney General for the state of N.J. and the instructors were N.J. State Troopers. This was at the time the Law's for the state of N.J. were changed from the 2-A Law's to the new 2-C Law's. I had a discussion with the Sgt. from the State Police about it and he stated with a cocky that If I was so smart then take it to the Attorney General as he was the one who mandated the new laws. Unknown to the Sgt. from the State Police at that time I was in plain clothes and I was also a Sgt. of Police, and a member of the N.J. Police Training Commission Firearms Advisory Board that met several time's per year to update all weapons training for all law enforcement in the state of N.J. I did in fact contact the Attorney General and informed him of the problem he had an adendum put out for the state about the Dum Dum. That was in 1979 I have long since retired and they must have changed again to include the Thickness of the projectile Etc. So this would make the third change that I now know of. Sorry if I ruffled any feathers on the board.
    Bill

That was in 1979 I have long since retired and they must have changed again to include the Thickness of the projectile Etc. So this would make the third change that I now know of. Sorry if I ruffled any feathers on the board.
    Bill
    Bill, no ruffled feathers here. I only knew the term as used in the movies, and learned a lot from your post. Funny though, no matter which version you choose to interpret it still infringes on rights... go figure...
    Chief

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910