Disney World Concealed Carry - Page 11
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 188

Thread: Disney World Concealed Carry

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Lakeland Man View Post
    I was a manager at Walt Disney World for 4 years until I got downsized last November.
    Really sorry to hear about that. I hope you've landed on your feet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakeland Man View Post
    Gay Days are one of the days with the fewest problems all year. We have manyh more problems on Grad Nights and the worst is on Night of Joy (which is a Christian celebration held each year). The stories I could tell would make you look at Disney in a new light.
    Very interested about those stories. Feel free to share a couple

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakeland Man View Post
    Weapons of any kind are prohibited on Disney property. This includes the parks, the hotels and resorts, and on all the Disney owned areas. If you carry into the park and are discovered, you will receive a visit from OCSO, you will be escorted from the park, and if you raise a fuss, you will be barred from all Disney property for at least 1 year. No charges will be filed against you unless you refuse to leave. That is because state law does not recognize gun buster signage. If you refuse to leave, you will be trespassed.
    Yeah, yeah, yeah. But "concealed means concealed". So, if they don't "discover" you are carrying, no harm, no foul. And if they do, oh well. To me, it's perfectly worth the risk. (Obviously, since I carried both a Glock 26 in a pocket holster in my shorts and a folding knife every day for a week or so while we were there last October.)

    But the question I wanted to raise most recently is: what do those in favor of carrying at Disney think of the new "thermal body scans" at the entrance to the newly revamped Star Tours ride? It looks to me like it's more of a "toy" for kids than a real security feature, but, it does make me wonder about what else Disney has there that they may not be showing you, like thermal cameras where the monitors are in some security office, not facing you as you enter a line. Thoughts?

  2.   
  3. #102
    When i get home tonight, i'll post a few Disney stories in the "off topic" threads.

    You can count on being on camera pretty much anywhere at Disney. Especially in the dark areas. They use low light cameras there.

  4. #103
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Southwest Ohio
    Posts
    3,348
    Quote Originally Posted by David R Clouser View Post
    Regardless of what you believe of me, I think for myself and have been around long enough not to "fall prey" to propaganda in politics, let alone that which affects my personal security.
    If you think it will make things better then you haven't fallen prey to the propaganda that I thought you had and I owe you an apology. The media in Ohio right now has everyone believing that gun owners are going to flock to all the bars, get drunk and have shootouts. Most of us are used to seeing such ridiculous tripe from the media, but even some gun owners in Ohio have been falling for this sensationalist manure, and I mistakenly interpreted your post as an indication that you were in that group. However, your reply indicates that you aren't anticipating the crisis that the media is predicting, but rather hoping for a deterrent effect that a change in the law might bring. Please accept my apology.

    Now back to the thread topic.....
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

  5. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    If you think it will make things better then you haven't fallen prey to the propaganda that I thought you had and I owe you an apology. The media in Ohio right now has everyone believing that gun owners are going to flock to all the bars, get drunk and have shootouts. Most of us are used to seeing such ridiculous tripe from the media, but even some gun owners in Ohio have been falling for this sensationalist manure, and I mistakenly interpreted your post as an indication that you were in that group. However, your reply indicates that you aren't anticipating the crisis that the media is predicting, but rather hoping for a deterrent effect that a change in the law might bring. Please accept my apology.

    Now back to the thread topic.....

    No need to apologize, Rhino. The media and politicians in our area didn't say much, if anything, about this because although I'm in a heavily Democrat party region, most people here are moderate in their thinking and exercise their 2nd amendment rights to carry a firearm. I'm looking forward to a sudden drop in bar assaults, beatings and shootings with the passage of this new amendment to the CCW law.

  6. #105
    It is illegal to carry in Disney! You will be asked to leave and if you give any resistance they will lock you up and you will lose your right to carry. Only persons allowed to carry on DISNEY PROPERTY ARE LAW ENFORCEMENT ON DUTY! I do however know that they do allow off duty law enforcement to carry with no hassle. It is private property and a private park. FL has strong laws on carrying in certian places but they are very laxed, Disney is not one of those places. I live here and carry everyday, I do not even push the limits with Disney and I use to be a cop. Now I do however carry in Downtown Disney it is more open area to public so there I would say would be OK but it is carry at your own risk. Reason Disney does not post it is becasue they do not want to deter the tourism, some people are just dumb asses when they see a gun.

  7. #106
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Kalifornia & Idaho
    Posts
    1,052
    Quote Originally Posted by briancward View Post
    It is illegal to carry in Disney! You will be asked to leave and if you give any resistance they will lock you up and you will lose your right to carry. Only persons allowed to carry on DISNEY PROPERTY ARE LAW ENFORCEMENT ON DUTY! I do however know that they do allow off duty law enforcement to carry with no hassle. It is private property and a private park. FL has strong laws on carrying in certian places but they are very laxed, Disney is not one of those places. I live here and carry everyday, I do not even push the limits with Disney and I use to be a cop. Now I do however carry in Downtown Disney it is more open area to public so there I would say would be OK but it is carry at your own risk. Reason Disney does not post it is becasue they do not want to deter the tourism, some people are just dumb asses when they see a gun.
    It's not illegal. It is against their rules. There is a difference.
    Maybejim

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

    What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

  8. Quote Originally Posted by briancward View Post
    It is illegal to carry in Disney! You will be asked to leave and if you give any resistance they will lock you up and you will lose your right to carry. Only persons allowed to carry on DISNEY PROPERTY ARE LAW ENFORCEMENT ON DUTY! I do however know that they do allow off duty law enforcement to carry with no hassle. It is private property and a private park. FL has strong laws on carrying in certian places but they are very laxed, Disney is not one of those places. I live here and carry everyday, I do not even push the limits with Disney and I use to be a cop. Now I do however carry in Downtown Disney it is more open area to public so there I would say would be OK but it is carry at your own risk. Reason Disney does not post it is becasue they do not want to deter the tourism, some people are just dumb asses when they see a gun.
    Wow, if you used to be a cop, and that's your understanding of the law, it's no wonder why so many cops are so unaware of gun laws (case in point: the guy open carrying in PA a week or two ago being drawn down by cops who are as ignorant as your post implies you are).

    "Illegal" meaning "unlawful" and not desired are two different things.

    I've carried at Disney, and I'd do it again. Many of us have, odds are somebody is doing it right now. And Disney is safer because of it.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    The problem was that the participants the first couple of years were extremely rude, obnoxious and in some cases downright obscene, even in front of small children at the parks. A massive number of complaints were lodged with Disney, and comments such as the ones seen here were the inevitable backlash of such behavior. Had they simply gone and enjoyed the amenities of the parks like everyone else you likely would have seen very few comments about it. Unfortunately that was not the case. As happens far too often, it only took a few bad apples to ruin it for the whole bunch, and the reputation has followed the event ever since.
    I know of a number of 'gay' families, with children and they do blend in with everyone else without any issues. My son has classmates from such families and he is clueless so far. I don't care for the in-your-face exhibitionist behavior but I avoid those places.

    I often 'cringe' at stories about that church group picketing military funerals but I do not believe they represent all Christians either.

    It's not up to me to be the judge.

    Bill

  10. #109
    well since everyone who has replied to my post in ignorance here is your correct leagal answer. (12) No license issued pursuant to this section shall authorize any person to carry a concealed weapon or firearm into any place of nuisance as defined in s. 823.05
    Disney is defined as a place of nuisance according to 823.05 per orange county sheriffs office. Also yes there is a policy in place that is enforced by security to give tourist a chance to leave without hassle. Yes it is called concealed and if you do not get caught then no one knows.
    As i was aware there are ignorant people out there who only read part of the the law that applies to them. Just becasue they gave you the license and you passed all the backround that they do. The one backround that they do not look into is how ignorant you are. People like these individuals who sit on this forum and push the limits are the reasons that we lose certian rights as honest citizens. A person asked a question and I gave him the safe answer for him and his family. I would be a liar to say I have not pushed the limits as well but to sit here and say it is legal that does show how much of a simple ass you are. read the law inquire then write about it you may actually sound like you know sometihng if you actually could read but then again they do not check that part of your background either.

  11. #110
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wesley Chapel NC
    Posts
    270
    Quote Originally Posted by briancward View Post
    well since everyone who has replied to my post in ignorance here is your correct leagal answer. (12) No license issued pursuant to this section shall authorize any person to carry a concealed weapon or firearm into any place of nuisance as defined in s. 823.05
    Disney is defined as a place of nuisance according to 823.05 per orange county sheriffs office.
    Well here is 823.05:
    823.05 Places and groups engaged in criminal gang-related activity declared a nuisance; may be abated and enjoined.—
    (1) Whoever shall erect, establish, continue, or maintain, own or lease any building, booth, tent or place which tends to annoy the community or injure the health of the community, or become manifestly injurious to the morals or manners of the people as described in s. 823.01, or any house or place of prostitution, assignation, lewdness or place or building where games of chance are engaged in violation of law or any place where any law of the state is violated, shall be deemed guilty of maintaining a nuisance, and the building, erection, place, tent or booth and the furniture, fixtures, and contents are declared a nuisance. All such places or persons shall be abated or enjoined as provided in ss. 60.05 and 60.06.
    (2)(a) As used in this subsection, the terms “criminal gang,” “criminal gang member,” “criminal gang associate,” and “criminal gang-related activity” have the same meanings as provided in s. 874.03.
    (b) A criminal gang, criminal gang member, or criminal gang associate who engages in the commission of criminal gang-related activity is a public nuisance. Any and all such persons shall be abated or enjoined as provided in ss. 60.05 and 60.06.
    (c) The use of a location on two or more occasions by a criminal gang, criminal gang members, or criminal gang associates for the purpose of engaging in criminal gang-related activity is a public nuisance. Such use of a location as a public nuisance shall be abated or enjoined as provided in ss. 60.05 and 60.06.
    (d) Nothing in this subsection shall prevent a local governing body from adopting and enforcing laws consistent with this chapter relating to criminal gangs and gang violence. Where local laws duplicate or supplement this chapter, this chapter shall be construed as providing alternative remedies and not as preempting the field.
    (e) The state, through the Department of Legal Affairs or any state attorney, or any of the state’s agencies, instrumentalities, subdivisions, or municipalities having jurisdiction over conduct in violation of a provision of this chapter may institute civil proceedings under this subsection. In any action brought under this subsection, the circuit court shall proceed as soon as practicable to the hearing and determination. Pending final determination, the circuit court may at any time enter such injunctions, prohibitions, or restraining orders, or take such actions, including the acceptance of satisfactory performance bonds, as the court may deem proper.
    History.—s. 1, ch. 7367, 1917; RGS 5639; CGL 7832; s. 24, ch. 57-1; s. 66, ch. 74-383; s. 1, ch. 75-24; s. 41, ch. 75-298; s. 4, ch. 2008-238.
    ****************************8

    Which part of this statute applies to Disney? I know they were trying to get out of the employer parking lot law by saying they stored too many fireworks on their property.
    Disney is a business but there is no LAW that prohibits carrying. They must catch you and ask you to leave. You will only get in trouble by refusing.

    http://www.flsenate.gov/Laws/Statutes/2010/823.05

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast