Disney World Concealed Carry - Page 13
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 188

Thread: Disney World Concealed Carry

  1. #121
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Battle Creek Mi
    Posts
    1,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkules77 View Post
    No offense, but I have to disagree with your actions. If a companies policy is no weapons, I feel it is our duty to oblige by their rules. By disregarding and disrespecting their wishes, I feel it gives those of us who believe in 2A a bad name. I am not saying its the right policy, but if a business states no weapons, then you should abide.

    From the threads in the "businesses against firearms and 2A" it seems liked the popular reaction when you come across a business that is against firearms is to return to your car to unload and return to the store to speak to the manager. You can give the manager your take on the rule and maybe even give them some literature and tell them you will be shopping elsewhere as long as their anti-gun policy exists. If you feel so strongly about carrying at Disney, why not boycott? Why continue to support them?

    Other reasons I think carrying at Disney is a bad idea is the fact that no matter where you are, you are surrounded by people. There is no chance of discharging your weapon in a park without having other guests at risks. In 2010 there were 120 million visitors. From the moment you leave your hotel room you are eating breakfast with hundreds of people, you get on the bus with 50-60 people elbow to elbow, you enter the park with thousands of guests surrounding you, you get on rides with hundreds of guests around you, you eat dinner surrounded by a couple hundred guests...(I think you get the point).

    That being said, if you want to have it in your room for protection, I totally understand and agree. But I completely disagree with bringing it to the parks where they are not permitted. If for some reason you are caught, you will be banned forever and most likely make the news. This just gives the rest of us a bad look in the publics eye.
    Rule no 1 always be sure of your target.... So how may were mugged between the gate and their car, I have read three stories in the last year alone....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

  2.   
  3. #122
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Southwest Ohio
    Posts
    3,348
    Cleveland Elementary School in Stockton, California
    Westroads Mall in Omaha, Nebraska
    Columbine High School
    Luby's Cafeteria in Killeen, Texas
    McDonald's in San Ysidro, California
    The American Civic Association immigration center in Binghamton, New York
    Virginia Polytechnic University

    All of those places had crowds of innocent people in them just like you would have at Disney World. All of them were also places where the patrons were not allowed to carry concealed weapons at the time that someone decided to murder multiple victims there. I have no intention of calling anyone names or mudslinging. I don't necessarily consider anyone a 'sheeple' for respecting the wishes of an establishment that they patronize, nor do I consider anyone a glorious patriot for defying those wishes. But I asked myself a few questions. Looking at that list above that exhibited the same crowd concerns as Disney World, can I say that the situation would have been worse if an armed, law abiding citizen with a concealed carry license had been there and taken action against the perpetrator or perpetrators, and my answer is unequivocally no. Certainly there would be higher concerns for collateral damage than would be 'typical', but not to the point that it would be better to just let innocent people be killed, particularly yourself or your family members. Reports from situations as those are fairly unanimous that the innocents scatter and or hit the deck at the first shots anyway, so it's not like the crowd is just going to be milling around the perpetrator. That's not to say it would be an easy shot. I personally don't think any shot is an easy shot when potentially taking another persons' life, even a bad guy. But even with the increased risks associated with a large crowd in a place such as Disney World, those risks will never be higher than the risks posed by someone with ill intent who decides to make a theme park the object of his sick target practice someday. Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it won't happen, and I wouldn't want to be the person feeling helpless because I respected the well intentioned but il advised wishes of the owners. But that's just my personal take.

    Oh, and Disney has banned multiple people for violating their weapons ban. They never go public.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

  4. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    Rule no 1 always be sure of your target.... So how may were mugged between the gate and their car, I have read three stories in the last year alone....
    My answer to this: If you followed the rules of the park you would be ok because you would of picked up your weapon in security before you left the park. So if some suspect tried to mug you than you would be just fine. Disney will allow you to place your weapon in the safe in the park so there is NO reason to carry a weapon inside the parks.

  5. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by walknotinfear View Post
    Disney will allow you to place your weapon in the safe in the park so there is NO reason to carry a weapon inside the parks.
    I have to disagree. There is never a time when there is no reason to carry a gun (except for in the pool or shower). I dont believe in playing the odds by carrying when I think I need to, and not carrying when I dont think I need to. Ill carry all the time unless Disney gives me a cop to carry on my shoulder, but even that would be too much work.

  6. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    I have to disagree. There is never a time when there is no reason to carry a gun (except for in the pool or shower). I dont believe in playing the odds by carrying when I think I need to, and not carrying when I dont think I need to. Ill carry all the time unless Disney gives me a cop to carry on my shoulder, but even that would be too much work.
    So what you are saying is the rules / regulations do not apply to you? Are you saying you pick the rules that you want to follow? I understand 100 percent that you want to be ready for any suspect but there are rules / regulations / policies / ordinances / state statutes / etc. that were written and we do not get to choose which ones we want to follow.

    I do love the 2nd amendment and do not want to lose my gun rights but if Disney states no weapons than that's what that means.

  7. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
    Turkules77,

    You can do whatever you want; I'm not sheeple. I have a God given right to protect myself, recognized-- not granted-- by the 2A. It's bad enough we cowtow to the CCW laws (God does not require us to have a permit to defend ourselves).

    If you extend your logic, then you'll carry practically nowhere. That's how we lost Constitutional Carry in the first place. Watch out for the people around you, brother, because they don't truly care about your well being. You go right ahead trusting Disney is the safest place on earth, while I'm a realist, recognizing that human nature means a person with ill intent will try to hurt someone there someday, and despite good intentions, Disney's unarmed security "cast members" will fail to do something about it. I am a free man, and my family won't be that victim, even if it's the "first time it ever happened".

    If we extend your "too many people around you" logic, then people in NYC, Chicago, LA, DC, etc., will never be able to protect themselves. Turns out they've already used those arguments in those highly populated areas, stripped their rights, and yet those are the most dangerous places for sheeple victims. If I or my family are assaulted in a busy area, I'm not going to altruistically sacrifice ourselves because of the unknown chance that somebody in the background might get hurt, when there is a certainty somebody in front of me will get hurt.

    If you still feel that way, go ahead and convert your guns back into plows, and work the fields for those who refuse to do the same.

    Edited to add: I will take lifetime ban from Disney and negative publicity over being a disarmed victim any day of the week. So should you. Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6 as they say. Or another way to put it: you can get out of jail, but you can't get out of dead.
    I will not carry on to private property where carrying is not permitted. I respect others wishes, even if I don't believe in them. You can choose not to go there if you don't like it.

    By your logic, I wouldn't have to follow any rules or laws.

  8. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by walknotinfear View Post
    So what you are saying is the rules / regulations do not apply to you? Are you saying you pick the rules that you want to follow? I understand 100 percent that you want to be ready for any suspect but there are rules / regulations / policies / ordinances / state statutes / etc. that were written and we do not get to choose which ones we want to follow.

    I do love the 2nd amendment and do not want to lose my gun rights but if Disney states no weapons than that's what that means.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. I guess some people think they are above the law or get to act like they are better than everyone else.

  9. #128
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Kalifornia & Idaho
    Posts
    1,052
    Quote Originally Posted by walknotinfear View Post
    So what you are saying is the rules / regulations do not apply to you? Are you saying you pick the rules that you want to follow? I understand 100 percent that you want to be ready for any suspect but there are rules / regulations / policies / ordinances / state statutes / etc. that were written and we do not get to choose which ones we want to follow.

    I do love the 2nd amendment and do not want to lose my gun rights but if Disney states no weapons than that's what that means.
    In other words you trust Disney to protect you. Good luck! When I was there last year, I didn't see any signs saying I couldn't carry (I wasn't carrying because I was going on a cruise afterward and had no place to keep a gun). But what is the law in Florida? What requirements do the signs have to meet? So you're banned for life, so what? Do they run facial recognition on everyone entering the park? I think you are looking to borrow trouble.
    Maybejim

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

    What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Turkules77 View Post
    By your logic, I wouldn't have to follow any rules or laws.
    God's Laws, last I checked, made no exclusions for amusement parks in Florida.

    Man's laws are one man trying to control another, coincidentally so is an assailant from whom your firearms are intended to protect you.

    Laws or not, every decision you make is uniquely yours, unless you've never broken a rule in your life (and if you haven't, feel free to throw the first stone).

    Seeing as I did nothing unlawful, nor even posted by sign on said private property, I don't understand how you can come to this conclusion.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by walknotinfear View Post
    I understand 100 percent that you want to be ready for any suspect but there are rules / regulations / policies / ordinances / state statutes / etc. that were written and we do not get to choose which ones we want to follow.
    The "laws" are: concealed means concealed, if not concealed, leave or be charged with trespass.

    The civil aspects are loss of a good or service paid by private contract between "guest" and Disney. No criminal code governs that, and some of us don't mind risking it. If a return visit to Disney out values your life and family, that's your call.

    Quote Originally Posted by walknotinfear View Post
    I do love the 2nd amendment and do not want to lose my gun rights
    Rights are like a muscle, they whither and die when not exercised. Compromise is not exercise. Rights are also God-given, not Disney-given.

    Quote Originally Posted by walknotinfear View Post
    if Disney states no weapons than that's what that means.
    You would have to go out of your way to even learn their policies as they are not posted, and are buried in fine print minutia. Even so, there are likely other policies of Disney's that you do not like and would not choose to follow.

    Policies do not weigh more heavily than life.

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast