Disney World Concealed Carry - Page 15
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Disney World Concealed Carry

PDW, this is an email that was received directly from a Walt Disney Resorts spokesperson. Very clear on their policy...
    Dear &%#@,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World Resort.

It may interest you to know we have a strict policy regarding firearms.

Our policy is that no guns are permitted in our theme Parks or Resorts.

If a resort guest brings one on property, it must be locked up in the safe deposit boxes at the front desk, not in a room safe. If guests visiting our theme parks bring in firearms, it must either be left in their vehicle, or checked in with security when entering the park. Only on-duty law enforcement officers whose agency has jurisdiction at the Walt Disney World Resort may carry any weapon.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

Betsy Mayer, WDW Online Communications

3. I agree. If it's private property, you must have the owners permission.

Ok, I'm concerned. Going with my family to Disney in Orlando for 5 days next month. The state of Florida honors my permit (s.Carolina), but I know the Disney parks do not. I'll honor their request & not carry in the parks, but what about the resort on the premises we're staying @? I wanna make sure I can legally carry my gun in all places except the park. PLEASE HELP & ENLIGHTEN ME FLORIDA RESIDENTS & REGULAR DISNEY PATRONS!! Thanks!

same answer as the other thread, disney does not want guns in/on any part of their property. the only place they actually search/scan people is at their parks. that said you more than likely would never be found out in most areas as long as you are properly concealed. You need to be aware that if you are found out they will ask you to leave the property and you MUST comply or you will be arrested for armed trespass which can be a felony. so if you decide to take the chance and carry there if you are found out don't argue that you have any kind of right to carry there, you don't and disney will have you prosecuted, this is no joke.

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    same answer as the other thread, disney does not want guns in/on any part of their property. the only place they actually search/scan people is at their parks. that said you more than likely would never be found out in most areas as long as you are properly concealed. You need to be aware that if you are found out they will ask you to leave the property and you MUST comply or you will be arrested for armed trespass which can be a felony. so if you decide to take the chance and carry there if you are found out don't argue that you have any kind of right to carry there, you don't and disney will have you prosecuted, this is no joke.
    What about just keeping it in my vehicle & in my room? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by nca_mm View Post
    What about just keeping it in my vehicle & in my room? Thanks.
    do whatever you feel like doing, you've been advised and now you're on your own

8. Whatever. It's not illegal. Carry there, in the parks and hotels.

Worst case if you carry and get caught: they will ban you "for life" (like they could even do that logistically speaking).

Worst case if you don't carry there: you won't be able to protect yourself and loved ones if you're mugged in the parking lot (happens more than they want you to know).

I've done it on multiple trips. The world didn't end. I'm not a felon. And I'm not banned for life.

Follow the big boy rules-- nobody will look out for you better than you will.

9. BTW, I never saw a single posted sign saying no weapons. Only people going out of their way to ask would find out their policy. Those following FL's laws as written will just show up concealed and walk right in.

If I could do it with a stroller full of kids, a bad guy could bring God only knows what inside the park.

10. Also, for those of you wanting to "respect their wishes"-- are you carrying as a political statement? If so, I have no words or time for you.

For the rest of you who carry because of the serious and grave possibility of protecting those you love and yourself-- who cares what a property owner's wishes are? "Concealed means concealed." Will you care what Disney thinks if your teenage daughter is abducted and raped because you politely left your gun at home or in the car? Worst case scenarios are why serious people carry. And in those scenarios, those of us who are serious act on behalf of our loved ones first and foremost. Pleasing others and complying with BS policies are problems for a different (later) day.

Stay safe and dangerous.

11. We went to Disney World last summer. I was able to carry concealed the whole week in all the parks with no problem. They searched my wife's purse but not my person. I saw no signs and it didn't seem like a big issue. From what I can tell, I wasn't breaking any FL law.

That said, I won't be going back. Disney World seems very much like anachronism in the 21st Century. It hasn't kept up with the times since I was last there in the 90's, which is kind of sad.

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast