Disney World Concealed Carry - Page 6
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 188

Thread: Disney World Concealed Carry

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Philippines/USA
    Posts
    40
    EVERY Place I carry..>Whenever I carry... Is a Don't Show it Moment... Not Many people know I carry a Gun DAILY... They Know I Work as a Private Security Contractor, Know or assume I carry firearms in my job...and Know I "have Guns" at home, But except for close family and friends... If not carrying OPEN, I do not advertise I have a Gun on my person, EVER. When in Disney the other week...Which prompted my post, I was with seven other adults and six children... Only ONE person besides me Knew I was armed... They didn't Need to know... I didn't offer the information.
    So being completely hidden is the definition of CONCEALED CARRY!

    Stay Safe & Hope you Never need It... "Captain"

  2.   
  3. #52
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wesley Chapel NC
    Posts
    270

    Back from disney

    Well, I am back. Disney security has not changed. Still a joke. They check bags, but not people and the bag check is cursory. Although they seem to check people out, I could have carried my 45 every day (I did not, but my pockets were bulging with crap I carried for the wife and kids. Security didn't care.). The weather was cool and we ended up wearing long pants and jackets/sweatshirts that could conceal anything.
    They don't seem to be concerned about a Fort Hood type shooting. What's a few tourists here or there really? (This is the only scenario were a CCer would be helpful.)

    A christmas day underwear bomber type attack could be carried out (times 10) without much trouble.
    I am sure they have run the scenarios and calculated the cost of increased security versus the potential payout due to loss of life and decided to risk the payout. This is probably the most likely attack.

    I did see the county sheriff and some local cops hanging out at the entrance a couple days for show. The visible in-park "security" looks like your run of the mill walmart greeter. I did not spot any plainclothes security unless they let them bring their family.

    There is basically no security in the parking lots. Usually one security car with one guy covering about 10 acres of parking lot. This is enough reason to carry. I did notice there are some lockers outside the magic kingdom gate and also outside EPCOT. They were un-attended and I don't know if you could use them or would want to use them to lock it up.

    Security at the resorts is less. Printout a fake parking permit and flash an old room key and you don't even need to slow down at the resort gate. A car thief could have a field day.
    Worse, a car bomb could roll right up to the resort bus stops where is is not unusual to see 50-100 people waiting.

    Theme parks are a disaster waiting to happen. We can only hope the bad guys don't figure it out.

  4. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Philippines/USA
    Posts
    40
    You Know... I think We Should Be Greatful for the Lack of Security... If We Complain About Lack of Security, and They BEEF it Up and Look for Our Guns, Then we Will Complain They are Not allowing Us to Defend Ourselves... SO Best we Just Say..."GREAT, I Can Bring My Gun".... I'd rather Look after Myself anyway.

    Do You Think Disney would be seen as the HAPPY FAMILY Destination if they Had Metal Detectors and Body Searches at the Front Gate? NO... Everyone Would stay clear away in Fear of their Lives...So they Keep it Open and probably HOPE... Just Like Most Family attractions and Shopping Malls... etc. The Price of a Free Society is a Little Risk and Danger...

    God Bless and Stay Safe.... Captain

  5. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Posts
    143
    Well, I was just there for five days and six nights. I left my handgun locked in our room safe during the day and in my bedside table at night. During the day I carried both of my pocket knives into the park without any problem at all. I have my situational awareness and black belt wherever I go and felt relatively safe.

    Someone in this thread made great comments about actually using a weapon in a crowded theme park and I agree with them. Nothing is as it seems and I'd hate it if my round went through the BG, the fake brick wall behind them, and then took out Goofy or Cinderella.

    A perfect solution, probably not, but one I could work with for the time we were at the parks.

  6. #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Kalifornia & Idaho
    Posts
    1,052
    Quote Originally Posted by bbarton713 View Post
    Well, I was just there for five days and six nights. I left my handgun locked in our room safe during the day and in my bedside table at night. During the day I carried both of my pocket knives into the park without any problem at all. I have my situational awareness and black belt wherever I go and felt relatively safe.

    Someone in this thread made great comments about actually using a weapon in a crowded theme park and I agree with them. Nothing is as it seems and I'd hate it if my round went through the BG, the fake brick wall behind them, and then took out Goofy or Cinderella.

    A perfect solution, probably not, but one I could work with for the time we were at the parks.
    Frankly that is the same argument that can be made about virtually any location. I don't see it as any greatly different than going into a restaurant or a mall. If you don't want to carry, don't, but Disney World is simply a victim rich location like a mall, why would you not want to carry?
    Maybejim

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

    What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

  7. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by bbarton713 View Post
    Someone in this thread made great comments about actually using a weapon in a crowded theme park and I agree with them. Nothing is as it seems and I'd hate it if my round went through the BG, the fake brick wall behind them, and then took out Goofy or Cinderella.
    That's what Glaser or Magsafe ammo is for.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

  8. Be careful in the restaurants if they sell alcohol for consumption. The NRA First Steps Pistol Class says that Florida statutes restrict carrying a weapon or firearm even if you have a license "in any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption."

  9. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Jes View Post
    I did not spot any plainclothes security unless they let them bring their family..

    I'm willing to bet...with the way Disney works...that you're not supposed to "see" the plain clothes security. They probably blend right in so that even if you are looking for them you wont see them.

  10. #59
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sunny South Florida
    Posts
    486
    Quote Originally Posted by mid_man2000 View Post
    Be careful in the restaurants if they sell alcohol for consumption. The NRA First Steps Pistol Class says that Florida statutes restrict carrying a weapon or firearm even if you have a license "in any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption."
    Not so at all!

    Florida law says you may not carry in the portion of the estblishment where the primary purpose is the DISPENSING of alchohol meaning the BAR ROOM. You may carry, and even consume in any other portion of an esablishment licensed to dispense alchohol.

  11. #60
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by maybejim View Post
    Frankly that is the same argument that can be made about virtually any location. I don't see it as any greatly different than going into a restaurant or a mall. If you don't want to carry, don't, but Disney World is simply a victim rich location like a mall, why would you not want to carry?
    I'm not sure what it is like where you live but our mall never comes close to being anywhere near as crowded as it is in any of the Disney World parks.

    All I'm saying is that my ability to defend myself doesn't end when I put down my handgun.

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast