Disney World Concealed Carry - Page 9
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Disney World Concealed Carry

Quote Originally Posted by maybejim View Post
    I think the bag search is to keep you from bringing your own food and drink into the park. They make too much money on that stuff.
    You are more than welcomed to pack your own lunch and bring your own drinks, so this is incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by -06 View Post
    Nice place to go but I have not been since they started having "gay pride" weeks. If they value their money more than mine then let them support it.
    The "Gay Pride" weeks have nothing to do with Disney. Disney doesn't sponsor them or promote them. It just happens to be a week that homosexuals decide to go there as a group. It would be like if the NRA decided they wanted to gather a large group of people to get together and go to Disney for a week.

A little update... I spent the last year working in Orlando and we bought season passes. My family probably spent 80 days or so in the parks. I pocket carried my P32 in a few times when we were planning on being in the parks after dark (usually left it in the car). Had zero issues, Although security asked my wife to empty her pockets once when she went through the "no bags" entrance. Really?!? She maybe had 2 dollars and some chapstick while I went through the bag check carrying my gun. Visible security is still a joke.

Conceal it well, pack your lunch and have fun.

p.s. Don't drop it somewhere and give us a bad name.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkules77 View Post
    The "Gay Pride" weeks have nothing to do with Disney. Disney doesn't sponsor them or promote them. It just happens to be a week that homosexuals decide to go there as a group. It would be like if the NRA decided they wanted to gather a large group of people to get together and go to Disney for a week.
    Or the Pinkpistols.

6. Wondering what your thoughts are regarding carrying into the new "Star Tours" ride now that it has a "thermal scan" at its security checkpoint? Pictures and info here: Inside the queue at the new Star Tours: The Adventures Continue

Interesting on the thermal scan...hmmm...that's when you pick up your little one and block the scanner lol

Quote Originally Posted by -06 View Post
    Nice place to go but I have not been since they started having "gay pride" weeks. If they value their money more than mine then let them support it.
    That's an urban legend. Disney never had a gay pride week. The homosexuals just started arranging that themselves. Disney had no part in it.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    That's an urban legend. Disney never had a gay pride week. The homosexuals just started arranging that themselves. Disney had no part in it.
    And even if they did, I don't see why anyone should have a problem with it.

The problem was that the participants the first couple of years were extremely rude, obnoxious and in some cases downright obscene, even in front of small children at the parks. A massive number of complaints were lodged with Disney, and comments such as the ones seen here were the inevitable backlash of such behavior. Had they simply gone and enjoyed the amenities of the parks like everyone else you likely would have seen very few comments about it. Unfortunately that was not the case. As happens far too often, it only took a few bad apples to ruin it for the whole bunch, and the reputation has followed the event ever since.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Disney World is private property, just as your home or non-regulated business are, and can ban gum chewing as part of the agreement to enter the property, if they so desire. The CC laws detail which Public properties, or alcohol serving establishments if stipulated, are not permitted to allow CC. They can single out establishments that serve alcohol because it's sale is regulated by state and federal statutes.

My state is now considering CCW's inside of alcohol serving establishments, as long as the permit holder does not consume alcohol. It could get very interesting in Ohio, soon.

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast