Arkansas is the 5th state to be a Constitutional Carry state

Thread: Arkansas is the 5th state to be a Constitutional Carry state

Arkansas is the 5th state to be a Constitutional Carry state

Arkansas is the 5th state to be a Constitutional Carry state.

Please read and see if you come to the same conclusion.

Act 746 Arkansas
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

I don't quite see that as Constitutional Carry. There's still limitations to the general carry of a firearm - like the "journey beyond one's home county". As if one is never attacked in their home county?

IANAL and did not stay at Holiday Inn Express
    Never argue with a red-haired witch. It wastes your breath and only delays the inevitable. --the collected sayings of Wiz Zumwalt

These articles are in pdf form so I'm posting the links, sorry, my typing skills pretty much blows!

http://www.arkansascarry.com/media/k...ntofAct746.pdf

They explain their method of getting the language in the bill.
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

This one seems to include non-residents as well...

6. Arkansas is the 5th state to be a Constitutional Carry state

As it is described in the first link, the burden of proof is on the carrier to prove that they had no criminal intent. Now it puts the burden on the prosecutor to prove criminal intent. Isn't that openly admitting you just realized your laws as is are "guilty until proven innocent?" Sounds kinda unconstitutional and anti-American.