Can you paint a rifle bolt? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can you paint a rifle bolt?

1. Quote Originally Posted by NCIC105 View Post
    Have a friend in Pickens that does the duracoat. he did some work on the pistols of the Easley, PD if you need someone.
    No my good friend does duracoating on the side. He's really good. But I was just going to do regular paint figuring it wouldn't last very long either. But I didn't think about it gumming up the action so ill probably go the diuracoat route now.

3. Can you paint a rifle bolt?

You guys think I would benefit from spending the extra $3 on the self lubricating duracoat?

Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    You guys think I would benefit from spending the extra $3 on the self lubricating duracoat?
    Never heard of or tried it but if it works as advertised and doesn't go on too thick it couldn't hurt.

Blog Entries
    I would use cerakote. Won't chip away as easy or get into the action.

Why not do your own custom job? You can have 25 guys painting their rifles, only colors available are coyote tan and black and not one rifle looks the same as another.

Never heard of the self lubricating duracoat.

You could always have a gun smith cerakote the bolt for you. That way if it does impede the function of the rifle, then he is to blame and he will fix it. Also, doing that little work shouldn't cost that much.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

7. Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    Why not do your own custom job? You can have 25 guys painting their rifles, only colors available are coyote tan and black and not one rifle looks the same as another.
    What do you mean why not do my own custom job? I'm pretty sure without painting the bolt my rifle right now is one of the most custom/unique looking Remington 700 SPS Tacticals out there.

And does cerakote apply the same way as duracoat? Cause if it does I could just order it and get my buddy to do it for me.

And do they have non-reflective colors? I've done the rest of the rifle in duracoat's ultra flat non-reflective colors.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12