ATF Alert: gunsmiths may be considered manufacturer now - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ATF Alert: gunsmiths may be considered manufacturer now

as long as you aren't doing so repeatedly as a hobby you are ok.

3. If through our political clout as gun owners we don't get a handle on this gang of thugs, you can be assured that we very well be facing charges for building our own firearms.

Look at how there is even a barrel ban on the parts kits now.

It is ridiculous the things they get away with, and with what seems like little oversight by any other agency.
    "Always at your command"
    "לפקודה תמיד אנחנו"

4. Sounds like they are out of control.

Quote Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
    Sounds like they are out of control.
    They have been out of control for a long time.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by FBMG Smithy View Post
    as long as you aren't doing so repeatedly as a hobby you are ok.
    Even if you are, so what? Leave these guys alone. That would be like calling a restaurant someone who cooks his own food and happens to have company over on a daily basis to whom he serves some of that food.

What a crock! I guess the key is not to modify anything to sell. Sell the firearm then do the mods a few week later.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Now that I think about it, can the BATFE even legally do this? I always thought that it did not have the authority to legislate, which it clearly seems to be doing here. It is an EXECUTIVE branch agency, which means it is supposed to ENFORCE laws, not MAKE them. Congress needs to step up and rein in the BATFE, and it needs to do it in a hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Now that I think about it, can the BATFE even legally do this? I always thought that it did not have the authority to legislate, which it clearly seems to be doing here. It is an EXECUTIVE branch agency, which means it is supposed to ENFORCE laws, not MAKE them. Congress needs to step up and rein in the BATFE, and it needs to do it in a hurry.
    When has legality or the lack thereof ever been a stumbling block to them?
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    When has legality or the lack thereof ever been a stumbling block to them?
    Good point, which is exactly why I said that Congress needs to hurry up and rein in this agency. Congress is supposed to be making the laws for this agency to enforce, not the other way around.

11. Dont expect this congress to do anything good for gun owners,other than free food and board.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast