Snell: Waking the dragon How Feinstein fiddled while America burned (Editorial)

Thread: Snell: Waking the dragon How Feinstein fiddled while America burned (Editorial)

1. Snell: Waking the dragon How Feinstein fiddled while America burned (Editorial)

Iowa State student's reasons for not coming to the table to talk with anti-gunners:

While I don't agree with the author's vague political and life views, the message about the anti-gun left certainly is an astute observation:

http://www.iowastatedaily.com/opinio...a4bcf887a.html

Lots of links to other good material in there, as well.

I like this one: The Case for More Guns (and More Gun Control) - Jeffrey Goldberg - The Atlantic
    Never argue with a red-haired witch. It wastes your breath and only delays the inevitable. --the collected sayings of Wiz Zumwalt

Quote Originally Posted by r1derbike View Post
    Iowa State student's reasons for not coming to the table to talk with anti-gunners:

While I don't agree with the author's vague political and life views, the message about the anti-gun left certainly is an astute observation:

Snell: Waking the dragon ? How Feinstein fiddled while America burned - Iowa State Daily: Opinion
    I'm not sure what "vague political and life views" you are in disagreement of, but it is indeed an excellent article and it's 100% true. I'm surprised it came from the campus of Iowa State University. Looks like the guy saved his best for last.

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

Both articles have valid points. The reason that we can not negotiate with the antis is this; Lets say both side of the debate could come together and hammer out an agreement for all time that both sides could accept. It would then just be a matter of time before the antis came back with "Unforeseen situations have occured making additional gun control necessary". Their goal, as some of them have openly stated, is the total disarmament of the civilian population and they will not stop until they achieve this.

6. Quote Originally Posted by SR40c View Post
    I'm not sure what "vague political and life views" you are in disagreement of, but it is indeed an excellent article and it's 100% true. I'm surprised it came from the campus of Iowa State University. Looks like the guy saved his best for last.
    I don't agree with his less than rabid stance on abortion, and his not listing specific grievances with the Republican party. Perhaps I'm expecting too much?

I agree with nearly 100 percent of his anti-gun group assessments, and thought it an excellent overview of their ignorance.

He certainly did go out with a bang, and I believe he alluded to the fact about his liberal acquaintances now being former friends.

The guy has guts, and told it like it is!

FNWylde Guest
    This kid is good and being an ISU grad will say I am pleasantly SHOCKED to see this side of the coin from Mr. Snell and so thoughtfully and thoroughly exposed. This hit home:

Gun people don’t trust anti-gun people because while they were crying about the victims of 9/11 or Aurora or Sandy Hook, and thanking God they weren’t there, I and many other gun people like me were crying because we weren’t there, and asked God why we couldn’t have been. Many of us wish we were on one of the 9/11 airplanes, and not because we have a death wish but because we have a life wish. Because when we sit in silence and the world’s distractions fall away, the thought creeps in: Could I have made a difference?

Gun people don’t trust anti-gun people because I and many of us are what they call “sheepdogs” and we’re proud of that. Yet anti-gunners make fun of us, calling us “cowboys” and “wannabes” for it. Wanting to save lives and being willing to sacrifice one’s own to do it used to be considered a virtue in this country. Anti-gunners think they have the moral outrage, but the moral outrage is ours. I have never expressed any of these feelings openly to anyone because they are private and deeply personal. Screw you for demeaning us and motivating me to speak them.