22 LR ammunition - gone - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 22 LR ammunition - gone

FNWylde Guest
    Last I bought was in the fall for $23 for a 500 count brick and have seen very little since then. When it is $15-$20 per hundred, I don't even count the boxes to see how much is there, I just keep on a-walkin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Honey_pott View Post
    Here in Indiana I can drive50 miles and not find ammo. Finally found 357 the other day, but had to drive 40 minutes and wait in line for an hour. They said if I wanted 22LR I would want to be there at 5am to stand in line until 7 when they opened and then no guarantee! I just keep looking, refuse to pay overpriced, especially since they think they see a sucker coming because I'm female.
    Dont know where your at But I am in Porter County Try the Walmart in Portage they never had any ammo in stock before all this sillyness now they get it in every so often just the other day I stopped in around 09:00 picked up two boxes of Remington Golden Bullets I know they are the bottom of the barrell but for some reason my GSG 1911 22 shoots them every time with out a hiccup go figure. if you really need a box let me know I can sell you a box. For $21.00 for 550 rounds what I payed for them including tax. It really irks me when some one cant take their son or daughter out shootng because of mass stupidity!

Quote Originally Posted by wcd View Post
    Dont know where your at But I am in Porter County Try the Walmart in Portage they never had any ammo in stock before all this sillyness now they get it in every so often just the other day I stopped in around 09:00 picked up two boxes of Remington Golden Bullets I know they are the bottom of the barrell but for some reason my GSG 1911 22 shoots them every time with out a hiccup go figure. if you really need a box let me know I can sell you a box. For $21.00 for 550 rounds what I payed for them including tax. It really irks me when some one cant take their son or daughter out shootng because of mass stupidity!
    Must be nice to get it even at that price. the only stuff we have been able to get is the high end mfg's stuff lately. Like Lapua 500 round cans that go for $75 and their match .22LR that goes out at $105/500. Would love to get some CCI Velocitor 40gr High Velocity HP rounds as that and Winchester X High Velocity 40gr HP are all that the Chiappa 1911-22 likes.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

There still isnt much in the way of good prices yet. Better than it was a month ago, but still not great. GunBot is usually a good place to see what the trends are.
    Get your government off my freedom!

I buy all the .22 I can get because it is the only thing I shoot that I can't reload. However I will not pay anymore than $30 a brick, which is outrageous.

I have about 20,000 rounds of .22 on hand. Everything else I can reload and have a huge supply of brass, powder and bullets. Along with at least 10,000 rounds for everything I shoot.

Of course I built this supply before everything went to hell.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Guns And Ammo says that during the last big panic, it was really only the avid shooters or politically active gun owners who saw a threat and responded with hoarding. This time, it appears anyone who owned a gun perceived a threat. “We are not experiencing a gun or ammo shortage. We are experiencing a customer surplus.” I guess this means the more we buy, the less we will have.

Quote Originally Posted by MADnMO View Post
    I buy all the .22 I can get because it is the only thing I shoot that I can't reload. However I will not pay anymore than $30 a brick, which is outrageous.

I have about 20,000 rounds of .22 on hand. Everything else I can reload and have a huge supply of brass, powder and bullets. Along with at least 10,000 rounds for everything I shoot.

Of course I built this supply before everything went to hell.
    I want to live at your house, big daddy
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

Here in Vermont, I found a little "best kept secret".
    It's a small gas station slash gun store. This man has every kind of ammo on the planet, in stock all the time.
    I found ammo there that I couldn't find anywhere else, for months!
    He has more .22 ammo than I have ever seen (didn't check prices tho).
    He also had plenty of 9mm but it was steep. A box of 50 Remington Hollow Point for 41+tax. I am horribly low on 9mm but he has .40 cal (tons of it!) at pre panic prices so I just grabbed a couple of boxes.
    He told me that he always has ammo and to come back any time to grab some.
    Nice young man too. Iraq vet who knows that its important for us to have the ammo we need.

Sent from behind enemy lines.

I saw 22lr for the first time in about 3 months. I bought a box of 525 Winchester hollow point for $19.99 at Academy in Orange Park. They had larger ammo can quantities but sold out before I got to the counter.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

My wally world near Nellis AFB had one box of 250 today wanted $8.50 for it. would have purchesed it but no one around to open the case!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12