A-10 Warthog - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: A-10 Warthog

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Santa Fe Area, New Mexico
    Posts
    3,487
    WOW, $ 45.00 per round. OUT of my league. The unique sound is the money being ripped from your pocket..............Nice to hear people, that's some people, can afford it.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

  2.   
  3. #12

    A-10 Warthog

    If in not mistaken its $45.00 per round and that is an inert round.
    Guns.??? What Guns???

  4. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    SE FL and SE OH
    Posts
    5,602
    Quote Originally Posted by NCIC105 View Post
    I paid 45.00 for the round.


    This weapons system has such a unique sound.
    Sound is like a Stihl chainsaw being cranked with the ignition turned off. Times a lot longer period of time.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

  5. #14

    A-10 Warthog

    Knew a mechanic who worked on the gau8. He said a burst longer than 6-10 seconds would slow the airplane. Awesome...
    Guns.??? What Guns???

  6. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalamity023 View Post
    Knew a mechanic who worked on the gau8. He said a burst longer than 6-10 seconds would slow the airplane. Awesome...
    Well scientifically speaking because of Newton's third law, any round being fired forward would slow the plane. But seeing as how a 6-10 round burst would equate to about 300-500 30mm rounds I can see how the slowing would become noticeable at that point lol.

    And forget the round, I'd rather have the plane lol. Never have to wait in line for an IFR departure again. GTFO my way!

  7. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    An Alternate Reality, I Assure You...
    Posts
    5,115
    The Hog is one of the most beloved aircraft we currently use. They've been my favorite since I was a kid. If you've never actually witnessed one open up on a target you're missing out on some really cool stuff (depending of course on context)... Thirty Mike-Mike is an incredible round that has potential to slice through a tank like butter... amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

  8. #17

    A-10 Warthog

    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    The Hog is one of the most beloved aircraft we currently use. They've been my favorite since I was a kid. If you've never actually witnessed one open up on a target you're missing out on some really cool stuff (depending of course on context)... Thirty Mike-Mike is an incredible round that has potential to slice through a tank like butter... amazing.
    Lol I hate that term. Mike-Mike is the most overused and pointless term out there. It sounds stupid, it's easier to just say 30mil, and way easier just to write 30mm.

    Sorry, I'm not hating on you, but people writing out the phonetic spelling out things is a pet peeve of mine. Completely defeats the purpose of phonetics.

  9. #18
    The infantry man's best friend and enemy armor's worst nightmare.
    Due to the increased cost of Ammunition I will be forced to discontinue warning shots as of now! USAF Chief Master Sergeant, Retired, 1979-2005

  10. Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    Lol I hate that term. Mike-Mike is the most overused and pointless term out there. It sounds stupid, it's easier to just say 30mil, and way easier just to write 30mm.

    Sorry, I'm not hating on you, but people writing out the phonetic spelling out things is a pet peeve of mine. Completely defeats the purpose of phonetics.
    Except that one 'mil' is actually also very commonly equated to .001 of an inch (mil[le] is latin for 1000 aka a millimeter is 1/1000th of a meter or a 'mil' is 1/1000th of an inch). You can say 30 millimeters or 30mm or .030 meters (or 30 mike-mike) and be clear, but saying 30mil when meaning 30mm is ambiguous at best, and incorrect at worst. ymmv

  11. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by DmZ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    Lol I hate that term. Mike-Mike is the most overused and pointless term out there. It sounds stupid, it's easier to just say 30mil, and way easier just to write 30mm.

    Sorry, I'm not hating on you, but people writing out the phonetic spelling out things is a pet peeve of mine. Completely defeats the purpose of phonetics.
    Except that one 'mil' is actually also very commonly equated to .001 of an inch (mil[le] is latin for 1000 aka a millimeter is 1/1000th of a meter or a 'mil' is 1/1000th of an inch). You can say 30 millimeters or 30mm or .030 meters (or 30 mike-mike) and be clear, but saying 30mil when meaning 30mm is ambiguous at best, and incorrect at worst. ymmv
    Thx I know what a mil is. It's also slang. People don't call the M9 a 9mike-mike pistol. They call it a 9mm or 9mil. I have no problem with people using phonetics for their intended purpose when it's appropriate; over a radio, during an engagement, etc. But using them during a casual conversation or in a discussion on a forum is just annoying IMO and makes you sound like a massive boot.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast