Was this absolutely necessary?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Was this absolutely necessary?

1. Was this absolutely necessary?

Read this article and you'll understand exactly how the media gets people unnecessarily riled up over false facts...if you didn't already.

http://www.wyff4.com/news/north-carolina-news/dispatchers-double-homicide-reported-shooter-on-run-with-ar15/-/9695846/20069312/-/n38ge9z/-/index.html?absolute=true

No, it's more media hype.

Just watched an interview with the Henderson Co. Sheriff on WLOS, and he said "rifle or long gun". Also said that he had just apparently been released from custody. So much for gun laws keeping us safe.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

I still have no clue how gun laws keep us safe.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    I still have no clue how gun laws keep us safe.
    Gun laws are like a fart in bed. They may make you feel better but they both stink.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

6. Was this absolutely necessary?

Yeah but I was specifically referring to the short bit about how the "AR-15 was originally designed for the armed forces". How was that in any way relevant to the report?

The guy is dead, no details yet, but in a follow-up posting these Jackwagons are now reporting "Early reports are that Warren was armed with a long gun." Hopefully they got their phone line burned down and facebook flamed over their irresponsible but agenda driven false reporting.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    Yeah but I was specifically referring to the short bit about how the "AR-15 was originally designed for the armed forces". How was that in any way relevant to the report?
    If it said that, it was wrong. The M-16 was designed for the armed forces; the AR-15 was a modification of the M-16 and was designed for civilian use. Period.
    Charlie

9. Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    If it said that, it was wrong. The M-16 was designed for the armed forces; the AR-15 was a modification of the M-16 and was designed for civilian use. Period.
    I know, that was why I found it to be so amusing...totally irrelevant, and 100% WRONG.

I misspoke in this post and corrected myself in a later post and the only reason I'm typing this is to meet the 15 character limit.

Apparently the story got edited today after midnight. There is no mention about what gun was used in the article now.

Could it be? Noooo... maybe? Professionalism in journalism? Oh, wait no... they deliberately put false information in... got people stirred up (look at the comments) then retracted it without mentioning what they retracted. That's not professionalism, that's trickery and cowardice.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast