Duck Dynasty, Prayer, Bible and Firearms.... - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 48 of 48

Thread: Duck Dynasty, Prayer, Bible and Firearms....

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    SE FL and SE OH
    Posts
    5,667
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief1297 View Post
    I am pretty sure he called the journalist a douchebag. The troll comment was definately for atheist. Feeling the same way, I do ask for forgiveness and understanding frequently. I find it strange they will call me crazy for believing in God but embrace the science community when it tells them that all matter came from different dimensions.
    Ask an atheist to prove where the first particle of matter came from.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

  2.   
  3. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief1297 View Post
    I am pretty sure he called the journalist a douchebag. The troll comment was definately for atheist. Feeling the same way, I do ask for forgiveness and understanding frequently. I find it strange they will call me crazy for believing in God but embrace the science community when it tells them that all matter came from different dimensions.
    Ask an atheist to prove where the first particle of matter came from.
    Any answer they give would better than "some mythical guy floating around in space made it."

    No offense, but IMO that's a cop out because you either don't want to or don't care enough to learn or try to learn the truth. The church said the earth was flat because it made sense at the time. They said the earth was the center of the universe because it made sense at the time. When we do eventually find out where all matter comes from, your argument will be invalid but people will continue believe which is their right.

  4. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    Any answer they give would better than "some mythical guy floating around in space made it."

    No offense, but IMO that's a cop out because you either don't want to or don't care enough to learn or try to learn the truth. The church said the earth was flat because it made sense at the time. They said the earth was the center of the universe because it made sense at the time. When we do eventually find out where all matter comes from, your argument will be invalid but people will continue believe which is their right.
    C'mon now Creek, who is denying the truth? The truth is in a small book called The Bible. It originated from inspiration of that "mythical guy floating in space" and is probably the most accurate book to define His and our existence. If you would bother to read it and compare the prophecies written therein to today's headline news, you would see that it is right on. You can deny it all you want but that doesn't mean that it is wrong. If you don't believe it, don't read it. If you are a non-believer, that's OK with the rest of us, that is your choice. There is one man on here who has stated emphatically that he was a non-believer and he doesn't try to belittle others for their belief and he doesn't poke at others unless they poke at him. I respect him for that. But, if you indeed do not believe, why bother to jump into the subject? Or is it that you are not as much of a non-believer as you make out to be? Could it be that the Holy Spirit is trying to get your attention?

  5. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    2,072
    Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    So all atheists are douchebags and trolls?

    So much for tolerance is right.
    I suggest you reread my post. Now sit down.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chief1297 View Post
    I am pretty sure he called the journalist a douchebag. The troll comment was definately for atheist. Feeling the same way, I do ask for forgiveness and understanding frequently. I find it strange they will call me crazy for believing in God but embrace the science community when it tells them that all matter came from different dimensions.
    Thank you...


    I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

  6. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by golocx4 View Post
    They are scratching their quaffed heads thinking how can anything without sex and skin be a hit.
    I think that the word you're looking for is coiffed
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

  7. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    C'mon now Creek, who is denying the truth? The truth is in a small book called The Bible. It originated from inspiration of that "mythical guy floating in space" and is probably the most accurate book to define His and our existence. If you would bother to read it and compare the prophecies written therein to today's headline news, you would see that it is right on. You can deny it all you want but that doesn't mean that it is wrong. If you don't believe it, don't read it. If you are a non-believer, that's OK with the rest of us, that is your choice. There is one man on here who has stated emphatically that he was a non-believer and he doesn't try to belittle others for their belief and he doesn't poke at others unless they poke at him. I respect him for that. But, if you indeed do not believe, why bother to jump into the subject? Or is it that you are not as much of a non-believer as you make out to be? Could it be that the Holy Spirit is trying to get your attention?
    Actually, the Bible is not based on truth. Most of the original stories come from Sumerian writings, then edited and translated into Hebrew, [see Dead Sea Scrolls], long before the Bible was written... by men from earth. Other stories are from so-called eye witness accounts, no doubt embellished to sell the product. Numerous writings were edited, added and deleted over hundreds of years of putting this book together. A few telling omissions in the Bible are early humans and dinosaurs, which are known to have existed, yet not a word about either. The prophecies are hit and miss at best. Finally, there are several "good books" in various religions that are appealing to the human mind, yet the context can be perceived in many ways, which I believe was intentional.

    FYI, I've honorably served my term in the USMC and will continue to fight for all of our natural born rights, no matter ones philosophical views.
    I joined this site to discuss & hopefully learn a few things related to guns and carrying weapons. If a requirement to participate is a belief in magic and the supernatural, then I must respectfully decline. Don't forget, in this country, you may believe anything your little heart chooses.

    "We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the same sense to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart."

  8. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    Any answer they give would better than "some mythical guy floating around in space made it."

    No offense, but IMO that's a cop out because you either don't want to or don't care enough to learn or try to learn the truth. The church said the earth was flat because it made sense at the time. They said the earth was the center of the universe because it made sense at the time. When we do eventually find out where all matter comes from, your argument will be invalid but people will continue believe which is their right.
    C'mon now Creek, who is denying the truth? The truth is in a small book called The Bible. It originated from inspiration of that "mythical guy floating in space" and is probably the most accurate book to define His and our existence. If you would bother to read it and compare the prophecies written therein to today's headline news, you would see that it is right on. You can deny it all you want but that doesn't mean that it is wrong. If you don't believe it, don't read it. If you are a non-believer, that's OK with the rest of us, that is your choice. There is one man on here who has stated emphatically that he was a non-believer and he doesn't try to belittle others for their belief and he doesn't poke at others unless they poke at him. I respect him for that. But, if you indeed do not believe, why bother to jump into the subject? Or is it that you are not as much of a non-believer as you make out to be? Could it be that the Holy Spirit is trying to get your attention?
    The Bible was written over a period of 1600 years by over 40 authors and has been translated into over 450 languages. It's like the Wikipedia of the ancient world. Is some of it going to be right? Sure. Can you cite it as a reliable source of fact? Not in any accredited institution I know of.

    And in case you were wondering, I have read it. In fact I keep one in my car. I also have a rosary hanging from my rearview mirror, and a Darwin fish on my bumper. The looks I get are priceless.

    I don't have any problems with people believing what they want. I don't believe in proselytism. I don't think many of us do. How many atheists have you had come to your door trying to preach to you about why you should stop believing in God? I've never had any. But I have some denomination of Christian at my door at least once a month. I was merely responding to S&W's comment with my opinion. Sorry to rattle the cage.

  9. duck dynasty

    Finally there is a tv program that has good values God, family, no fighting or profanity and they want to take out religion because it might offend someone. Shame on A&E, I commend the Robertson family for not givivg in to them. The Lord Is our provider & without him we are & will never be anything. SUPER QUACK!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast