Publicity stunt triggers active shooter response
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Publicity stunt triggers active shooter response

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - Management at the Goodrich Capital 8 Theaters is defending what it calls a publicity stunt at the movie theaters this past weekend.
    During the opening weekend of the latest 'Iron Man' movie, a man walked into the theater in full tactical gear and carrying a fake gun.
    Jefferson City police and witnesses, however, are not pleased with the stunt and are questioning the theater's logic after recent shootings in Aurora, Colo. and Newtown, Conn.....
    Movie theater publicity stunt triggers officers to respond to active shooter situation | Local News - Home
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

WOW! Ya cant fix stupid!

He's REALLY lucky he didn't get shot, or at least drawn on....WOW that was REALLY dumb!

Very lucky he didnt get shot

6. If someone, or even several patrons would have shot that guy's dumb ass, it would have been "the actors" own damn fault! And, how frigg'in stupid can a theater manager be for authorizing this stunt!?

I'd probably have shot him.
    Guns.??? What Guns???

Quote Originally Posted by KCD1974 View Post
    He's REALLY lucky he didn't get shot, or at least drawn on....WOW that was REALLY dumb!
    So if a citizen open carries in that state he can expect to be shot or drawn down on?

At least one group of people on these forums is of the opinion that US citizens should be at liberty to carry firearms in full view where they like. (I happen to share that opinion.) What was it about this person's manner that means it is ok for people to panic and call the cops? Was it that he was wearing scary, black clothing? Was he "brandishing" the mock firearms in a threatening manner? Perhaps he was pointing them in the air and saying "bang, bang".

Since he lived through this event, I only hope he is wiser and will never again agree to such stupidity!
    Folks ask why I carry two guns...Well if I did not I'd be off balance and walk in circles!

Quote Originally Posted by Greggatshack View Post
    So if a citizen open carries in that state he can expect to be shot or drawn down on?

At least one group of people on these forums is of the opinion that US citizens should be at liberty to carry firearms in full view where they like. (I happen to share that opinion.) What was it about this person's manner that means it is ok for people to panic and call the cops? Was it that he was wearing scary, black clothing? Was he "brandishing" the mock firearms in a threatening manner? Perhaps he was pointing them in the air and saying "bang, bang".
    Gotta admit, you do have a point. But given the current circumstances, it isn't surprising that some people would call the cops.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Quote Originally Posted by Greggatshack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KCD1974 View Post

Open carrying into a theater where legal and walking in in full tac gear, with an M4 style rifle post aurora are 2 different things. As I stated I'd probably have shot him, all depending on the actions he took with the firearm. He'd at least have gotten drawn down on. Anyone would be completely justified in shooting him. The article made it sound like he had the rifle at a low ready. That's different than a holstered weapon openly carried on someone's side.
    Guns.??? What Guns???

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast