Have you ever shot Gangsta style? - Page 3

View Poll Results: Have you ever shot Gangsta style?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, why would I do something that stupid

89 77.39%
  • No, but I thought about it

5 4.35%
  • Yes but I'm ashamed to admit it

3 2.61%
  • Yes but I was goofing off with friends

11 9.57%
  • Now that's shootin

7 6.09%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you ever shot Gangsta style?

Quote Originally Posted by abock33 View Post
    That's awesome! Now even gangbangers will be shooting like seasoned marksmen!

festus, no I am one who didn't miss the point. I was just trying to be a little funny. I have not tried it BUT I do not see any reason not to. You May be in a situation/s where the angle has you shoot like that (as previously mentioned in this thread). I'm going to stick with what I was taught, BUT it wouldn't be a bad idea to practice some shot's like that. Maybe even try it with my other hand.
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

Quote Originally Posted by sambo42xa View Post
    festus, no I am one who didn't miss the point. I was just trying to be a little funny. I have not tried it BUT I do not see any reason not to. You May be in a situation/s where the angle has you shoot like that (as previously mentioned in this thread). I'm going to stick with what I was taught, BUT it wouldn't be a bad idea to practice some shot's like that. Maybe even try it with my other hand.
    You're right, especially with the homeboy night sights installed!

Seriously though, do you actually believe that this technique would work well from long range? I could possibly see it working at point blank range, but not from a distance. Do you plan to practice shooting this way at the range?

If you practice like everything else, I do not see any reason why not.
    Range, what are you kidding? Check out where I shoot in......"NH Forum / backyard range". I am going to try it though.
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

Quote Originally Posted by sambo42xa View Post
    If you practice like everything else, I do not see any reason why not.
    Range, what are you kidding? Check out where I shoot in......"NH Forum / backyard range". I am going to try it though.
    I suppose I'm not going to knock something I've never tried. Do you think you can post pictures of your target on this forum? I'd like to see it.

I am not "qualified" to shoot "gangsta" as I aint a "gangsta"..am more of a "monsta" and I shoot to be scary!
    DrLewall
    "Doc"
    Drakes Creeks, AR
    www.kiltsrock.com
    "A gun unloaded and cocked aint good for nuttin!"--Rooster Cogburn

I went with "now that's shootin" mostly because I thought it was funny. I think I may have tried it for a laugh when I bought my first handgun as a spry 21 year old, but that was it for me.

tattedupboy, if you go to the New Hampshire thread and look at "back yard shooting" you will see my set up.........which is not finished yet, but it is still operational. Hope to have finished this fall, if not, then by this Spring. Need the $ to finish the surrounding area.

10. Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    Lets lighten things up abit!
    No, I wouldn't even think of it. This type of thing is something that I am trying to avoid. Unfortunately, it's what the kids are used to seeing. We're teaching my nephew about firearm safety and all he brings up is the shooting with handgun sideways. Until he shows us that he has gotten that out of his system, there will be no shooting for him.
    "What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."

-Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787

11. I have. When I got my new XDm I shot it one handed, two handed, weak hand , strong hand , gangsta, limp wristed, trying to see what may create a stove pipe or other feeding jam. Tried shooting without engaging the grip safety and / or the trigger safety.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast