D.C.: Heller gets his permit - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: D.C.: Heller gets his permit

Angry This was the part that left me scatching my head....

Heller registered a revolver with the District on July 18. He also sought to register a semiautomatic .45-caliber Colt handgun, but that application was denied because police considered it a machine gun, the suit alleges. The suit says Heller could have been arrested had he taken his semiautomatic, which he stores in Virginia, to be registered at D.C. police headquarter.
    SINCE WHEN IS IT EXTREME TO SUPPORT THE CONSTITUTION?
    THE AMERICAN FLAG SHOULD BE ALLOWED EVERY WHERE IN THE UNITED STATES!!!!
    Stand With Arizona (and Against Illegal Immigration)

Quote Originally Posted by DeepWaters View Post
    Heller registered a revolver with the District on July 18. He also sought to register a semiautomatic .45-caliber Colt handgun, but that application was denied because police considered it a machine gun, the suit alleges. The suit says Heller could have been arrested had he taken his semiautomatic, which he stores in Virginia, to be registered at D.C. police headquarter.
    Thanks for the info. I had been wondering what happened with that.

Yeah and if I remember right, DC police consdider it a machine gun because it has "bottom fed magazines" and it is a semi-auto. The first time I heard this I could not stop laughing and I still can't. I've heard of twisting the rules, but give me a break. WOW!!!!

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

I'm just wondering how many more years and how many more lawsuits it will take to get D.C. to make D.C.'s gun laws "normal."

I'm still trying to figure out how the Govt. lets them get away with making up their own rules and interpretations.
    SINCE WHEN IS IT EXTREME TO SUPPORT THE CONSTITUTION?
    THE AMERICAN FLAG SHOULD BE ALLOWED EVERY WHERE IN THE UNITED STATES!!!!
    Stand With Arizona (and Against Illegal Immigration)

Quote Originally Posted by DeepWaters View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out how the Govt. lets them get away with making up their own rules and interpretations.
    Here's why. The first time D.C. implemented the gun ban, it took 32 years to get it overturned. With the latest new set of draconian measures, it will probably take just as long to get those overturned. And after the next set of laws gets passed, the cycle will continue. Most of us will probably not even live to see D.C. gun laws restored to normalcy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12