D.C.: Heller gets his permit
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: D.C.: Heller gets his permit

Smile D.C.: Heller gets his permit

Man who filed lawsuit gets D.C. handgun permit | National | Chron.com

WASHINGTON The man whose lawsuit overturned Washington's handgun ban has successfully registered his revolver, ending a more than 30-year wait to keep the weapon in his home.

**** Heller walked out of D.C. police headquarters today, clutching a yellow firearms registration certificate stamped "approved." He gave the thumbs-up sign, grinned and said, "Victory!"

Heller was among the first people to seek a gun permit under new rules adopted after the Supreme Court struck down the city's 32-year-old handgun ban in June. Heller was the plaintiff in that case.

He won approval to keep a .22-caliber revolver at home after coming to police headquarters in July to be fingerprinted and take a firearms proficiency test. Police approved the weapon after completing a background check.

Wow a 22. Dont the police no it is not good for self defense. See other posts. I think it will work fine.I like bigger holes

Didn't he attempt to register a semi auto earlier, a 1911 if I'm not mistaken. Was that gun confiscated or did he have to keep it outside of D.C., or is he just illegally keeping it?

5. WOW this rates a GAF factor of about 2

Quote Originally Posted by Doc and his Glock View Post
    WOW this rates a GAF factor of about 2
    What is GAF factor?

hmmm... well kinda would have thought he'd get a bigger caliber gun... congrats to him all the same. it's a good start
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Well, it's about time! This makes the three-day background check seem like nothing.

9. Quote Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
    Wow a 22. Dont the police no it is not good for self defense. See other posts. I think it will work fine.I like bigger holes
    It's better than what he was able to have before.
    "What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."

-Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by calmp9 View Post
    It's better than what he was able to have before.
    That's true, but D.C. still has America's worst gun laws. Not saying that the Heller case was counterproductive in any way, but D.C. isn't really any closer to being gun owner friendly than it was before the ruling. I'm glad I live here and not there.

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    What is GAF factor?
    I believe that might be "Give A [Darn]" . . .(insert the epithet of your choice.)
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast