Family attacked for being "In the wrong neighborhood." - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 54

Thread: Family attacked for being "In the wrong neighborhood."

  1. #31
    So I should not be carrying a firearm because I think people should not be shot because the person that they are into an altercation with is: weak, old, spend too much time on the couch, a female, over 35, sick, lacked the forsight to carry pepper spray, etc...

    I was just stating that it seemed to be the logic as posted above, that unless you are in perfect health, young, workout 7 days a week, that you dont have to fight anymore and can just claim "disparity of force" and shoot them dead.

    My point has been and always will be this:

    Sitting on the couch getting fat, being too lazy to work out, being older than your prime, being female, fill in the blank... should not be enough to justify shooting someone that has threatened you for whatever reason. It is irrelevant who you think started the situation. When you are in court for shooting someone dead, I certainly wouldnt want to be the one attempting to use the arguments listed above as justification.

    If you need an equalizer against an unarmed assailant use pepper spray, baton, a brick etc... and use the bought time to get outta there. If that does not work, then you can use a firearm and possibly be able to justify that you tried lesser force first. If they are armed then do what you need to do to protect life.

    If you quote this to argue with me, please read its entirety before responding.
    -Austin

  2.   
  3. Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    So the real question for the old weak people about to start fights and then shoot people dead in the street is: what lesser force did you try before u killed them. If, I wasn't carrying pepper spray a baton or anything else was a legitimate defense....I imagine law enforcement would stop carrying all of it overnight.
    Who said anything about old people starting fights?
    You really must work on your reading comprehension.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Sitting on the couch getting fat, being too lazy to work out, being older than your prime, being female, fill in the blank... should not be enough to justify shooting someone that has threatened you for whatever reason.

    So tell me what is the option of being older than my prime??? Do I have a choice???
    So then being older I should not protect myslef and just lay down and die?

  5. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterGadgets View Post
    So tell me what is the option of being older than my prime??? Do I have a choice???
    So then being older I should not protect myslef and just lay down and die?
    Post 31 is your friend
    -Austin

  6. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by guttercat2000 View Post
    Who said anything about old people starting fights?
    You really must work on your reading comprehension.
    So you are standing there holding a smoking gun with a dead guy in the middle of the street unarmed, and your argument here is "he threatened me. he started it, he scared me, im a coward, im too old to fight...."

    Who started the fight is irrelevant, this is real life not kindergarten. The witnesses are going to say something like this: there were two guys involved in an altercation and one drew a gun and killed the other one.

    20-life is what it sounds like to me.

    But, honestly I dont care about you or your family. If you want to go shoot someone in the street because you are too much of a coward to fight with them than you will be the one doing time and not being able to support your family, not me.
    -Austin

  7. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    116
    While that would be a desirable outcome, we can assume the attackers are part of the under-ground economy or are otherwise not gainfully employed or the are likely to be home in bed trying to get ready for the next day's toil....just my $0.02.



    Quote Originally Posted by cluznar View Post
    If the victim could have gotten away from the attacker and pull a gun I think a lot less attacking would have been done.
    Or if the wife had a CCW permit and came in with a weapon drawn. These punks who go around threatening people and punching them around need to be stopped. I hope the attacker gets some jail and a fine and has to pay for hospital bills.

    Go ahead Punk, make my day!
    ________

    DRNurse1

  8. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    So you are standing there holding a smoking gun with a dead guy in the middle of the street unarmed, and your argument here is "he threatened me. he started it, he scared me, im a coward, im too old to fight...."

    Who started the fight is irrelevant, this is real life not kindergarten. The witnesses are going to say something like this: there were two guys involved in an altercation and one drew a gun and killed the other one.

    20-life is what it sounds like to me.

    But, honestly I dont care about you or your family. If you want to go shoot someone in the street because you are too much of a coward to fight with them than you will be the one doing time and not being able to support your family, not me.
    I know a older lady who suffered from a broken nose, broken eye socket, and concussion from a young man who wanted her purse who would most likely tell you where to go and how to get there is she were reading this post.
    Due to the increased cost of Ammunition I will be forced to discontinue warning shots as of now! USAF Chief Master Sergeant, Retired, 1979-2005

  9. #38

    Know Where I Am Going!

    Austin.
    Don't really know what your background is since you won't even list you birth year on your profile, I can't tell what kinds of experiences you may be old enough to have had.
    But understand this;
    You leave work Monday morning and go to the hospital because of recurring heartburn that is exertion originated.
    They tell you that you will have to stay overnight and take a stress test first thing Tuesday morning.
    Bright and early, 0630 hours Tuesday you are on your way to get a stress test using nuclear dye (x-rays before and after walking on a treadmill) and you do it.
    Before you get back to your room there is a squad there to transfer you to different hospital due to the results they really don't tell you.
    By 1100 hours you have been transported, been admitted, been submitted to a heart cath where they have implanted a ball pump in your heart in order to get you to surgery to crack your chest open to preform a quadruple by-pass surgery.
    Four days later when you start breathing on your own and they are able to remove you from a respirator you wake up and realize you are NOT dead, yet you doctor tells you that they weren't sure that you would come off the table alive.
    Six days later when they send you home you are told that it would be better for my chances of survival to be away from the hospital. In other words go home and die in peace.
    Complications from surgery paralyzed 60% of the diaphragm reducing my lung capacity to a maximum effective level of 34%.
    I was that guy who never had to have a weapon and was willing to walk into anything to help someone and have been hurt doing it.
    I hope and pray that you will never have the anxiety and anguish of feeling so helpless in the defense of your family, knowing that any exertion is going to incapacitate you and leave your loved ones unprotected and at the mercy of those bent on doing evil.
    When you have experienced this you may criticize how I may go about defending myself, until then you need to learn respect for those who have been there and are living with the reality we have been dealt.
    PS during my surgery I crossed over and I know where I am going, do you?
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

  10. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief1297 View Post
    I know a older lady who suffered from a broken nose, broken eye socket, and concussion from a young man who wanted her purse who would most likely tell you where to go and how to get there is she were reading this post.
    As much as I would like to say otherwise, shooting someone dead that is trying to steal your purse is not justifiable homicide in most states. A purse is property and can be replaced. I am trying to keep my feelings out of the conversation and reply only with fact. Shooting someone for stealing her purse is likely not justified. However, if he is beating the hell out of her and she is taking serious injury it is likely to be another situation altogether.

    My personal feelings are this. Gangbangers are terrorists and should have open season on them.

    But nobody asked me for my feelings just as I havent asked for yalls.
    -Austin

  11. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by dogshawred View Post
    Austin.
    Don't really know what your background is since you won't even list you birth year on your profile, I can't tell what kinds of experiences you may be old enough to have had.
    But understand this;
    You leave work Monday morning and go to the hospital because of recurring heartburn that is exertion originated.
    They tell you that you will have to stay overnight and take a stress test first thing Tuesday morning.
    Bright and early, 0630 hours Tuesday you are on your way to get a stress test using nuclear dye (x-rays before and after walking on a treadmill) and you do it.
    Before you get back to your room there is a squad there to transfer you to different hospital due to the results they really don't tell you.
    By 1100 hours you have been transported, been admitted, been submitted to a heart cath where they have implanted a ball pump in your heart in order to get you to surgery to crack your chest open to preform a quadruple by-pass surgery.
    Four days later when you start breathing on your own and they are able to remove you from a respirator you wake up and realize you are NOT dead, yet you doctor tells you that they weren't sure that you would come off the table alive.
    Six days later when they send you home you are told that it would be better for my chances of survival to be away from the hospital. In other words go home and die in peace.
    Complications from surgery paralyzed 60% of the diaphragm reducing my lung capacity to a maximum effective level of 34%.
    I was that guy who never had to have a weapon and was willing to walk into anything to help someone and have been hurt doing it.
    I hope and pray that you will never have the anxiety and anguish of feeling so helpless in the defense of your family, knowing that any exertion is going to incapacitate you and leave your loved ones unprotected and at the mercy of those bent on doing evil.
    When you have experienced this you may criticize how I may go about defending myself, until then you need to learn respect for those who have been there and are living with the reality we have been dealt.
    PS during my surgery I crossed over and I know where I am going, do you?
    As far as me not being able to tell you how you feel when you have all these medical issues, you are correct. I have not had them myself. And neither are members of a jury. But if someone threatens you and you shoot them because of it (as another poster has stated he would) I would be hard pressed to believe it as self defense.

    As I have posted multiple times now. I will not lose any sleep if you guys go on a shooting spree and take out these gang bangers and such. Actually I might even smile a little bit as the thugs get what they have coming. But calling it justified is a whole nother issue and that is what I am attempting to discuss.

    And since you want to bring god into this, what does the bible say about it? Seems to me that it was turn the other cheek and pray for their forgiveness, not to shoot them in the face. And before someone says that they need to obey the law of the land. it is not up to us as CCL holders to enforce the law of the land.
    -Austin

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast