Outrage of the Week - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Outrage of the Week

Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    I took a forensics class in high school (sorta)! Even though I wasn't technically enrolled in the class it was by far the best class I had in high school. The teacher was awesome. I started studying ballistics when I was about 14 for reloading and long-range shooting so when she didn't know the answer to something about firearms she had no problem letting me jump in and help explain it to the class.

But we had some of those admins too, and god forbid you talk about or even mention firearms outside of that class, they'd suspend you immediately. "Common-sense" wasn't in their vocabulary. I remember once while I was in in-school-suspension for something and one of the other kids in there made a joke about wanting to kill himself. This kid was the class clown and everyone and their Uncle Bob knew this kid was joking when he said it, but nonetheless one of the Asst. Principals called the SRO and had him take him in for a 72 hr hold... It was completely ridiculous.
    Zero tolerance is BS! No REAL reason for it. It's not common sense. Trust the liberals to blow things like this completely out of reason. Parents should attend PTO to voice their opinions about this kind of unreasonable enforcement of tolerance. imho
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gejoslin View Post
    Zero tolerance is BS! No REAL reason for it. It's not common sense. Trust the liberals to blow things like this completely out of reason. Parents should attend PTO to voice their opinions about this kind of unreasonable enforcement of tolerance. imho
    "zero tolerance" policies are not about safety. They are about advancing the far left's agenda. "zero tolerance" is a way to intimidate parents and control, brainwash and institutionalize the children.

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    "zero tolerance" policies are not about safety. They are about advancing the far left's agenda. "zero tolerance" is a way to intimidate parents and control, brainwash and institutionalize the children.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Training for living in a prison planet. Creating a condition of hoplophobia in our children. Retarding thier development by punishing them for playing in a natural human male way. And now MSNBC runs propeganda advertisements saying your children are not yours anymore. The department of ecucation needs to be erased and the establishment of public education given back to the states to control. Check out Charlotte Iserbyt's book "The Deliberate Dumbing Down of America". She is a whistleblower who served as a Senior Policy Advisor in the Office of Educational Research and Improvement, U.S. Department of Education.

If i ever was to have kids (which I probably wont) but yeh Id be home schooling them, then to allow the continued injection of stupid by the public education system on my children.
    I learned at a young age that the public education system is horribly broken when I fell into these "zero tolerance" policies.. Like telling a teacher they are WRONG, and the BOOK was wrong and proving it was so.. I got in trouble. Soo yeh. The public education system is failing, and people who do have kids in these schools (indoctrination centers) Should be pulling them out and getting with fellow like minded people and home schooling them.

Up here in Michigan, I have seen news reports of many schools shutting down due to lack of money, Well.. lets shut them all down, cause its only causing more issues, and the system has failed to properly teach for the most part anyway. Gone are the days of unbiased education, its currently all "my way or the highway" in teaching. Not to mention the increase in students who develop learning deficiencies because of poor teachers.

I used to like saying the pledge of allegiance in school. Gone are those days... Cause it might upset foreign born students? whose family came here for a better life? o.O
    Gone are the days of kids being kids, getting into little kid fights that end with handshakes, now its gotta be knives/guns/weapons of some sort..
    Seriously only use for public education system is to be babysitters for parents who don't wish to take the time to properly raise their own kids..

This is showing my age but, how many remember the Pledge, prayer and reciting the Golden Rule in class everyday before school?
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

I can still remember playing army with my friends on the playground at recess. Ah, days gone by.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior1256 View Post
    I can still remember playing army with my friends on the playground at recess. Ah, days gone by.
    Don't forget cops and robbers and cowboys and indians (cowboy and muslims today).

Wolf_fire....you are lucky you were not drawn and quartered for you attack of this teacher. The sad fact is an increasing amount of teachers are stupid and as such they are sending out a multitude of stupid children which in turn will someday run our country. Look no further than our own potus for idiocy in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunewolf View Post
    I learned at a young age that the public education system is horribly broken when I fell into these "zero tolerance" policies.. Like telling a teacher they are WRONG, and the BOOK was wrong and proving it was so.. I got in trouble. Soo yeh.
    I know exactly what you're talking about... One of the reason I got sent to ISS so much in HS was because I refused to let my teachers teach incorrect information to the class. My Junior English teacher, who was one of the most favorited teachers in the school (probably because she was really hot), could not speak proper English for the life of her. Every time I corrected her, regardless of how polite I was about it, I would be kicked out of class. One time she graded a vocab test of mine and marked off a word I had spelled correctly and rewrote it spelled incorrectly. I finally got fed up and took the test to Admins to prove what I had been telling them about her incompetency. What happened? Suspended..

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    I'll also give an example of one of the idiot administrators I have run across (she didn't last long). I carry a wallet with a stainless steel chain attached to it (no thicker than 1/4"). Every once in awhile when we passed, she'd point at the chain and ask if it was a weapon, but wouldn't stop for an answer. One day, while I was talking to another colleague, she actually grabbed the chain (way too close for my comfort zone) held it and asked it were a weapon. In front of my colleague, I raised the pen in my hands and asked, "Were you aware that ten pounds of force against the carotid artery with a pen such as this would cause a person to bleed out in about 25-35 seconds, shall we then ban pens?". She dropped the chain and never asked about it again.
    You should have told her to stop yanking your chain.
    You can have good intentions and not be right.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast