Outrage of the Week - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Outrage of the Week

And I thought the movie Idiocracy was just a movie.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    I know exactly what you're talking about... One of the reason I got sent to ISS so much in HS was because I refused to let my teachers teach incorrect information to the class. My Junior English teacher, who was one of the most favorited teachers in the school (probably because she was really hot), could not speak proper English for the life of her. Every time I corrected her, regardless of how polite I was about it, I would be kicked out of class. One time she graded a vocab test of mine and marked off a word I had spelled correctly and rewrote it spelled incorrectly. I finally got fed up and took the test to Admins to prove what I had been telling them about her incompetency. What happened? Suspended..
    Those assbags are in every school...
    I'm sure I posted this in a another read, but because I routinely fact checked teachers who make things up (yay internet!) I was targeted for BS suspensions, sent to the "guidance"office and once arrested for "disorderly conduct." One day, after correcting the home ec teacher about the symptoms of Norwalk Virus, I was sent to the principals office. It wasn't a big deal, he said "let her teach the class" which is ridiculous because she just made **** up. She had another student fabricate a sexual harassment story for a better grade, only problem was that I was home sick that day she alleged it happened. i still got suspended for it, even though it was obvious I wasn't there. Another teacher taught anti-american garbage, like calling the Boston Tea Party a bunch of whiners, said they should have just paid the tax, routinely called Vietnam vets "murderers," said we are still subject to the British crown, crap like that. He kicked me out of his class permanently after I enlisted. Right after Sept 11th, a few of us got picked up in front of the school to go to MEPS and when we came back, he had convinced the district administrator to have expulsion hearings for us on the grounds that we were encouraging kids to commit murder and said we would be bringing guns into the school (not at all how the military works...)

I heard that he actually succeeded in getting a kid expelled for arguing the meaning of the 4th amendment.

Edit: This same guy would get mad at kids for doing stuff that every 16 year old does and smash overhead projector carts into the walls, flip over tables, throw chalk at kids, smash erasers together in your face, swear at girls and small guys(never the big dudes)and still works there. Telling someone what he does just gets you into trouble. After school or on the street however, he cowers, always has 911 already punched into his phone. All he ever has to do is push the call button. And he still has his "hope and change" yard signs out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    Life imitates art.
    Never argue with a red-haired witch. It wastes your breath and only delays the inevitable. --the collected sayings of Wiz Zumwalt

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    No, it's a documentary before it's time. I'm not kidding.
    You can have good intentions and not be right.

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    I know exactly what you're talking about... One of the reason I got sent to ISS so much in HS was because I refused to let my teachers teach incorrect information to the class. My Junior English teacher, who was one of the most favorited teachers in the school (probably because she was really hot), could not speak proper English for the life of her. Every time I corrected her, regardless of how polite I was about it, I would be kicked out of class. One time she graded a vocab test of mine and marked off a word I had spelled correctly and rewrote it spelled incorrectly. I finally got fed up and took the test to Admins to prove what I had been telling them about her incompetency. What happened? Suspended..
    Those assbags are in every school...
    I'm sure I posted this in a another read, but because I routinely fact checked teachers who make things up (yay internet!) I was targeted for BS suspensions, sent to the "guidance"office and once arrested for "disorderly conduct." One day, after correcting the home ec teacher about the symptoms of Norwalk Virus, I was sent to the principals office. It wasn't a big deal, he said "let her teach the class" which is ridiculous because she just made **** up. She had another student fabricate a sexual harassment story for a better grade, only problem was that I was home sick that day she alleged it happened. i still got suspended for it, even though it was obvious I wasn't there. Another teacher taught anti-american garbage, like calling the Boston Tea Party a bunch of whiners, said they should have just paid the tax, routinely called Vietnam vets "murderers," said we are still subject to the British crown, crap like that. He kicked me out of his class permanently after I enlisted. Right after Sept 11th, a few of us got picked up in front of the school to go to MEPS and when we came back, he had convinced the district administrator to have expulsion hearings for us on the grounds that we were encouraging kids to commit murder and said we would be bringing guns into the school (not at all how the military works...)

I heard that he actually succeeded in getting a kid expelled for arguing the meaning of the 4th amendment.

Edit: This same guy would get mad at kids for doing stuff that every 16 year old does and smash overhead projector carts into the walls, flip over tables, throw chalk at kids, smash erasers together in your face, swear at girls and small guys(never the big dudes)and still works there. Telling someone what he does just gets you into trouble. After school or on the street however, he cowers, always has 911 already punched into his phone. All he ever has to do is push the call button. And he still has his "hope and change" yard signs out.
    Jesus... Knowing me in high school I would've given that guy an attitude adjustment with a few well placed bean bag rounds. Let's see you hit the call button before one of those hits you in the chest.

Quote Originally Posted by zeebea View Post
    Wolf_fire....you are lucky you were not drawn and quartered for you attack of this teacher. The sad fact is an increasing amount of teachers are stupid and as such they are sending out a multitude of stupid children which in turn will someday run our country. Look no further than our own potus for idiocy in charge.
    I would love to know where in my post you got the idea that an "attack" happened. What I said was I held up my pen... I did not point it at her, I did not threaten her with it, I held it up to show her the pen. I then educated her that a pen, such as this, with only 10 pounds of force on the carotid artery could cause someone to bleed out in 25-35 seconds. I then asked shall we ban pens. Recall the only person in this discussion that had his or her hands on anyone was the female principal who had grabbed the chain attached to my wallet.

Please sir, if you are going to throw rubbish around in the forums, get your facts straight... a) there was no attack on my part, yet their could be an arguable case against her since she had grabbed the chain to my wallet and had not let go, and b) she was the principal not another teacher. I also take umbrage with your assertion that an increasing amount of teachers are "stupid". Please show me your facts. Don't show me the news article where a teacher did something stupid, show the facts and figures to support the idea that teachers are getting more and more stupid than they were before. The fact of the matter is, teachers have to be more educated to attain their positions then they did 20 years ago; you can thank legislators for that. You see the teacher is the easy target... it's not easy to legislate that the children getting bad grades are at fault, nor is it easy to legislate the parent is at fault. But you can legislate the teacher is. To procure my position to teach physics I had to get a Bachelors of Science in Physics and then procure a Masters Degree in Education. I assure you sir, the vast majority of teachers at my public high school are not stupid. Have a few of them done something stupid; yes, but show me a profession where someone has not done something stupid. You brought up the POTUS, excellent example. However, from the brainless drivel that rolled off your fingers into your keyboard and onto my screen, I may have to wonder if you aren't stupid.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

8. My sister home schooled her three kids. Youngest is 20 now. Smart, courteous, two in the military (other is a girl). Anyone shocked at what is going on in public schools today, might want to consider this. Even private schools have drug problems and issues as well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123